Help Downloading new software to WBA-22-SS

(1/2) > >>

SAT (aka GANDHI):
Good afternoon gentlemen

I'm currently converting some WBA-12 to WBA-22 in order to use them with foreign currency.  I already serviced the transport, installed the optic head, but I couldn't upload the new software to the WBA's ROM due to a communication error I'm getting during the process.  This is first time I try to update soft on a flash device (all the knowledge i had about this was simply THEORY   :103- )

The tool being used for this is the PS15-006 interface kit with the 20 pin harness adapter for newer models (20 pins connector at the back).   I tried it even with the latest downloader software I got from JCM website (ver. 1.24)... I configured both the program and the COM Port 1 to work at 38400 BAUD, but I'm still getting no communication between the BV and the laptop.

I'm using the same binary file i use to upload in 27c4001 EPROMs for WBA-23 (Ver. 2.49-38 VEN5 ID-003)  but I'm not sure if i can do that......  I believe the downloader program is loading the bin file correctly because it's showing the proper CRC value in the downloader's window (CRC = 04F7 according to SIS)

I would appreciate step by step instructions to upload software on flash units because I'm kind of lost in DARKNESS at the moment  :104-  (OP-Bell spread some light here please  :99- )

Thanks in advance for your inputs!!  :131-

Op-Bell:
The standard interface only supports 9600 baud - if you change your settings to 9600-E-8-1 it should work, but it will take 12 minutes. This standard interface is only available for certain firmwares, anyway. Better to use the download engine in the mask ROM, which we call "forced download" mode and will always work for any firmware. Turn on DIP switches 1, 6, 7 and 8 and cycle power. The 2 LEDs should flash alternately - you are now in 38400 download mode and all should be well. Turn the DIP switches back off before you try and use the BV.

stayouttadabunker:
Good job Op-Bell!  :3-
You are one smart cookie! :89-

SAT (aka GANDHI):
OK it's done....  I wasn't moving those DIP-switches properly.  First I was powering-on the WBA in test mode (DIP 8 only) and then switching the 7-6-1 for selecting 38400 BAUD  :25- :25-  :30- :30-

It has to be done from the beginning:  ALL SWITCHES TURNED then POWER ON  :89-   :95-

Everything is cool now... I'll play with these babies for a while before go home  :71-

Thanks a lot OP-Bell !!!  K+ for you mate

Regards

Sovereign:
 I have JCM DT-104  Software Downloader Tool but I don't know exactly where to attach the appropriate harness between the DT-104 and the bill acceptor . Does anyone knows and help to send me some photos about the connection?

Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page