Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 04:42:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Home Game Rooms.
| | |-+  30 days since I tried that stuff called 'Slots' *ADDICTED!*
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 30 days since I tried that stuff called 'Slots' *ADDICTED!*  (Read 11016 times)
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 218

« on: April 07, 2013, 02:35:25 PM »

I am in the process of weening off....  knockout

I'd like to thank everyone for their help and contributing to this problem I have. This site ROCKS!!

BIG thanks to Dale, I will be voting for him for President during the next election..

* photo.JPG (345.37 KB, 968x1296 - viewed 324 times.)

* photo (28).JPG (363.53 KB, 968x1296 - viewed 337 times.)
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 02:36:13 PM »

* photo (33).JPG (468.29 KB, 1296x968 - viewed 369 times.)

* photo (35).JPG (549.34 KB, 1296x968 - viewed 344 times.)
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 02:38:01 PM »

... I have more slots that cant fit.. Also this is still a work in progress, need Triple diamond DELUXE glass and waiting on my Haywire rt to arrive.

* photo (36).JPG (418.56 KB, 1296x968 - viewed 358 times.)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 02:54:53 PM by Harvey » Logged
Regislive
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 03:19:05 PM »

Looks fantastic! 
Makes me want to get started on mine even sooner!
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 03:46:24 PM »

Looks fantastic! 
Makes me want to get started on mine even sooner!
Thanks. Luckily I do this stuff (finish carpentry,elec, etc) for a living.. I happened to have had a 10day lag between jobs, so I gathered material I had and went at it.. A few dozen beers, a little framing, wiring, welding and numerous arguments from the wife because of the dust, VIOLA!!!

CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 05:40:11 PM »

Wow, that sure looks nice! And less than 30 days into this addiction... you got it bad! (I guess that means good! Cool Thumbs-Up )

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy
NLG ADMINISTRATOR

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 07:12:28 PM »

Haha.. I have a few other slots that I haven't found a spot for.. Maybe build another area?, My wife would kill me..

Next post from me will most likely be (WTB: One month of slot collectors rehab or counseling)

Thanks!

* photo (28).JPG (293.31 KB, 968x1296 - viewed 340 times.)

* photo (26).JPG (265.84 KB, 968x1296 - viewed 359 times.)
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 698

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 09:34:03 PM »

Awesome!!! Clap Clap Clap
ramegoom
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 40

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 12:01:28 PM »

Built-in slots. Wow! Great idea. You realize you'll run out of room too soon. Whatever nooks you have planned, double them (and power outlets too).

You'll still run out of space. Addiction to these machine becomes an obsession real fast. And you can't stay off Ebay or Craigslist.

Going thru the same thing myself.
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 12:48:30 PM »

Built-in slots. Wow! Great idea. You realize you'll run out of room too soon. Whatever nooks you have planned, double them (and power outlets too).

You'll still run out of space. Addiction to these machine becomes an obsession real fast. And you can't stay off Ebay or Craigslist.

Going thru the same thing myself.
Exactly.. The compromise with the wife was that whatever I build has to be useful even without the slots there.. Thats why the slots are higher which makes it basically a standing room only.

My secret plan is to pack as much useless crap in another adjoining area in my basement so the wife wants it removed... *Mission accomplished!*, Another room to be built.. Should take her a few stumbles on junk to make that choice.. hehehehehe

Custom slot room coming right up!!
ramegoom
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 01:02:54 PM »

Make the slot stands with a cabinet under each, for *storage*. Don't tell her the holes on the top surface are for coin collection Smiley

Then have some nice foam filled upholstered tops made, so you can use the stands for seating in case you lose the urge to add machines.

Then, stop by the local Harley dealership, buy a leather vest and bring home some brochures for the high end bikes. Lay them all on the kitchen table and tell her "I realize you aren't crazy about all those slots downstairs, so I'm thinking maybe I should be riding instead". Also, throw in a brochure of a home built helicopter kit for good measure. Add "...or flying my own machine" to the retort.

In a few days, she will be seeking out new slots for you to buy and more space for the built-ins.

Psychology.
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2013, 01:14:07 PM »

Make the slot stands with a cabinet under each, for *storage*. Don't tell her the holes on the top surface are for coin collection Smiley

Then have some nice foam filled upholstered tops made, so you can use the stands for seating in case you lose the urge to add machines.

Then, stop by the local Harley dealership, buy a leather vest and bring home some brochures for the high end bikes. Lay them all on the kitchen table and tell her "I realize you aren't crazy about all those slots downstairs, so I'm thinking maybe I should be riding instead". Also, throw in a brochure of a home built helicopter kit for good measure. Add "...or flying my own machine" to the retort.

In a few days, she will be seeking out new slots for you to buy and more space for the built-ins.

Psychology.
Hahahaha! On my way now to my local airport to get pamphlets on acrobatic flying lessons along with 30yr payment plan forms to purchase stunt planes..

Bettorslots phone is gonna be ringing off the hook when she sees that... New slots on the way!!!
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2013, 01:33:06 PM »

For starters I just printed out a full booklet on indoor Pigeon breeding. The stunt plane lessons will be the icing on the cake..

Thank you for your priceless info, you just added about 25 more slots to my collection!!

HAHAHAHaaa
ramegoom
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2013, 02:47:47 PM »

LOL, pidgeon breeding. That a good one! Right up there with an indoor worm farm.
Fourbyracer
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 234

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 05:03:47 AM »

Nice job Harvey, looks great--congrats!  What a great thread too, you got me laughing out loud with the pigeon breeding idea!!   bust gut laughing  Anyone who knows me wouldnt be much surprised by me doing something crazy like builiding helicopters and acrobatic flying, but the pigeons, oh yeah!  Luckily I have a wife that is right there supporting me and pushing me to get more and machines and better kits (next up hopefully an alpha).  Gotta love that!!   Cool Thumbs-Up

What we do in life, echoes in eternity...
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 10:38:03 AM »

Nice job Harvey, looks great--congrats!  What a great thread too, you got me laughing out loud with the pigeon breeding idea!!   bust gut laughing  Anyone who knows me wouldnt be much surprised by me doing something crazy like builiding helicopters and acrobatic flying, but the pigeons, oh yeah!  Luckily I have a wife that is right there supporting me and pushing me to get more and machines and better kits (next up hopefully an alpha).  Gotta love that!!   Cool Thumbs-Up
Thanks.  I was randomly laughing all day about it also.. A laughing fit started while in line at the grocery store, not good.. A few people slowly stepped away from me as I tried to fight off the laughs. These poor people had to see a guy (me) go from completely normal in line, to a laughing fit, while quietly mumbling 'pigeon breeding' under my breath. I couldn't help it.. Hahaha!!

Oh,.. Items in hand while in line.?. Chicken breasts, bananas, a 12pk of beer and chocolate milk for my son. I must have looked like a complete lunatic.. Now im laughing about that.     

Good stuff!
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2013, 03:44:49 PM »

300 Days since I tried that stuff called 'SLOTS'... Wow.

Just thought I'd update a game room pic seeing it will not only be 300 days, but my 500th post. Crazy. - I could post all the pics of the machines/kits I have been through since I started, but that may take a few hours and take up way too much space. Haha..

To all the GOOD guys/gals I have met, talked to and have done biz with, Thank you!, you guys/gals have helped me tremendously with this addiction. There are some solid people on this site!! - To the few not so good guys, thank you, taught me lessons from the start!

This is one helluva site, THANKS Joey! (and NLG crew)

Thanks again fellas! Cheers,

Harvs

* GR.JPG (1702.64 KB, 2592x1936 - viewed 340 times.)

* GR1.JPG (1565.17 KB, 2592x1936 - viewed 400 times.)
Harvs
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2013, 03:57:57 PM »

500th post! (Do I get a T-shirt or pen or something?? JK)

* 100_1081.JPG (468.71 KB, 1920x1440 - viewed 308 times.)

* 100_1083.JPG (475.23 KB, 1920x1440 - viewed 312 times.)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.