Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 05:31:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Home Game Rooms.
| | |-+  My Slots are Multiplying, Stand Solution Recipe
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Slots are Multiplying, Stand Solution Recipe  (Read 3345 times)
Phantsm
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: May 16, 2013, 11:00:58 AM »

Last month I bought my first S+ Double RWB. I figured that wasn't enough so I went out and bought 3 more. Now I find that 4 isn't enough, so I decided to get a second job just so I can add more machines without going bankrupt. (I know I have it pretty bad) Thankfully there is a guy here in North Texas that sells nice slots for $300, so it really helps the collection grow fast. After purchasing my fourth slot I realized the machines are populating faster than the stands, so I came up with a nice cheap solution to the problem. Please note that I am in no way any type of carpenter. I'd consider myself lucky if I could hammer a 2 inch nail without bending the dam thing. I took a trip to my local Home Depot and discovered I can build a nice stand for roughly $30 each. They may not be the best looking, but as far as I'm concerned they do the job and look nice. They also passed the wife's inspection. See my stand recipe below. I'll try and post some pics tonight.

Stand recipe: All you need is a drill and drill bit to prevent cracking
Construction time: 15min

(2) 24"x24"x3/4" Plywood precut ($9 Each)
(1) 4"x4"x8' Square Wood Log ($7)
(24) 2" Wood screws ($1)
2 Yards of Crushed Velvet Fabric ($5)

Have your local store cut the 4x4x8 into (4) 22" sections. The first four cuts are free and this gives you four legs.
Place a 4x4 in each corner of the plywood and trace out the square.
Drill a small hole and screw it together. Do not skip this step! The wood will most likely crack if you force a screw without a drilled hole.
The finished product should have a 4x4 in each corner with plywood on top and bottom.
Place fabric over stand and your ready to go.

If you find your machine is really heavy you can always get and extra 4x4 cut and place a support in the middle.

* 20130411_175744.jpg (541.01 KB, 1224x1632 - viewed 293 times.)
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 11:28:33 AM »

I do something similar but make a 24" upper frame out of 2x4's and bolt it together. Go by a cabinet shop and get scrap counter top for the lid. Total cost is around $20 each
tollguy316
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 226

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 12:28:39 PM »

Another idea is to just go to a resale shop or stop by a yard sale as alot of the older end tables are really sturdy.  I'll stand on one and I figure If it holds me; it'll hold a slot machine.  They can usually be had for $5-$10...   just an idea. 
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 499

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 12:32:39 PM »

Another idea is to just go to a resale shop or stop by a yard sale as alot of the older end tables are really sturdy.  I'll stand on one and I figure If it holds me; it'll hold a slot machine.  They can usually be had for $5-$10...   just an idea. 
What do you do with the ones that you fall right through on? Firewood? lol
Phantsm
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 06:06:09 PM »

I garage sale hop and flea market shop all the time for tables and anything else that will brighten up the game room. I haven't had much luck with end tables, but old solid tv stands work too, there just aren't many around anymore. I have to agree that 22" to 24" is the perfect height for an S+ or 2000.
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 499

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 11:28:55 PM »

Good old fashioned night stand as long as it's made out of real wood and not particle board is a good solution as well, you can even remove the drawers on them and add a hinged door and you got a great place to store slot parts, etc.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.