Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 30, 2024, 08:54:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  Mikohn Progressive Systems.
| | |-+  Mikohn Progressive Controllers Displays and other info
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mikohn Progressive Controllers Displays and other info  (Read 357221 times)
Thor777
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 415

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #300 on: September 17, 2008, 09:41:28 PM »

cessnac182golf
Contributing Gold NLG Member.
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Re: Mikohn Progressive Controllers Displays and other info
« Reply #403 on: April 30, 2006, 06:00:48 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The same person that I bought the supreme from and all the graphic stuff:   emptyfootprints@hotmail.com 
I highly recommend him and he will not sell you anything before he runs a multiple day test on it. My second supreme and this 2x3 are undergoing there test as we post....so do not expect him to ship the same day, but it is worth the wait. My stuff probably will not ship until Tuesday.
I found the IDC connectors that I wanted at Allied electronics  http://www.alliedelec.com/Default.asp   
They have all the Panduit original part numbers that are shown on the Con2 diagrams. Now as to the hand gun that pushes the wire in....$187.00       .......no way am I going to pay that kind of price! There must be a cheaper one out there or on on ebay..ouch!
Thanks!   Tim

My CAT is smarter than your honor student  !!!
Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #301 on: September 17, 2008, 09:41:45 PM »

Cactusjack
NLG Document and FAQ Writer

Members Rating: 311
[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #404 on: April 30, 2006, 09:57:05 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amp makes a Black T handle tool for pushing the wires into their MTA line of connectors (should work the same as panduit).  They are no where near the $187 price but AMP can be really expensive too.

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #302 on: September 17, 2008, 09:42:10 PM »

idesign
Site Administrator

Members Rating: 581
[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #405 on: April 30, 2006, 10:02:17 AM »   

Jameco has the T handle tool for $21.

.......and Mouser has it for $22.

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #303 on: September 17, 2008, 09:43:03 PM »

idesign
Site Administrator

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #408 on: April 30, 2006, 03:05:54 PM »   

If you use the MTA connectors you can get strain relief caps for them which help keep them from loosening and falling off.  You can also get feed thru MTA connectors so that a continuous piece of wire can be used to run from machine to machine to connect to all your CHAMII+ and they have strain relief caps for them too.

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #304 on: September 17, 2008, 09:43:26 PM »

cessnac182golf

« Reply #409 on: April 30, 2006, 08:37:32 PM »   

I am not familiar with the MTA connectors......you run continuous wire and just use an IDC type connection and then just loop the wire over? 
I purchased the T handle.................good thing you said 22.00 and AMP..............that was the best way to find it. The Mouser web sight .......... kinda confusing the way they list stuff if you do not know the part number.
I have the copies of all the graphic stuff ready.................and my burner was messing up one out of 2.....guess it's going......so II'M going to make additional copies at work and send 2 each...........hopefully at least one works. I can get them to open fine........but I had so much trouble that I am a bit worried.................be sure to let me know if any of you have trouble opening these CD's. Sorry I am leaving it up to you (Jay, Capt and Idesign) to get these files on the forum........as you all know that with my   speed dial up that it would take until  some time in 2008 to load them from here! And (everybody) when you are ready to try and load these, just ask me and I will walk you through it! I still have not figured out how to load the storybook files (theres a BUNCH!) successfully. Also there are no less than 8 PSP's on this CD ....including several for CON2's and CON1's....and the Crosstalk PSP programs. There also is a program that turns regular picture files (.FLC) to the Mikohn required format (.MIK). ...Now here is the challenge....we need someone to find (got to be on a floppy) the graphic picture writing FLC program out there (DOS) that was written by IBM. We have the converter to turn them into the Mikohn format...............That will open up making your own files come to life!  Once there converted to the Mikohn format all you have to do is copy them to C:/ and then open the Downloader.............find your file on the LH side............click on it...hit send...and then open the BACKGROUND.BAT maker and list this file in the animator group (.MIK).......save and exit. Then find the new BACKGROUND.BAT file you just wrote (ALWAYS overwrites the previous file)....click on it....hit send...and ENJOY!
Well...........batteries are going.....Night All!   Tim

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #305 on: September 17, 2008, 09:43:45 PM »

Jay
Coin-Op Links, Info and Web Sites Moderator.

Members Rating: 396
[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

If you cant afford to lose, you cant afford to win

« Reply #410 on: May 01, 2006, 05:57:03 AM »   

Sounds like you are using the wrong speed of CD's for your burner or you need to re-calibrate your burner.
There is generally a speed setting if you drop it down a knotch you might have better luck.
I have a 52x and I run it at 48x with much better results (fewer coasters).

- With a hole punch and some wire ties you can make a colourful mobile for over a babys crib from used CDs.
- They are also often welcome at gun clubs. The hole in the center makes them nice target practice tools and people like the way they explode when they miss.

Yes I have fought with my burner before 

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #306 on: September 17, 2008, 09:44:06 PM »

idesign
Site Administrator

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #411 on: May 01, 2006, 11:49:56 AM »   

Actaully, you are probaby using an MTA connector which uses a IDC push on termination connection.   Those white 6 pin connectors that came with the CON2 are AMP MTA.  You can buy them closed or open.  Closed if at the end of the wire or open for feed thru.  It's a straight thru connection.  You just push the wire down with the T handle and it continues on.  Not good for sharp bends at the connector though.  That's what the strain relief is for.

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #307 on: September 17, 2008, 09:44:31 PM »

idesign
Site Administrator

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #411 on: May 01, 2006, 11:49:56 AM »   

Actaully, you are probaby using an MTA connector which uses a IDC push on termination connection.   Those white 6 pin connectors that came with the CON2 are AMP MTA.  You can buy them closed or open.  Closed if at the end of the wire or open for feed thru.  It's a straight thru connection.  You just push the wire down with the T handle and it continues on.  Not good for sharp bends at the connector though.  That's what the strain relief is for.

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #308 on: September 17, 2008, 09:45:27 PM »

cessnac182golf

« Reply #414 on: May 01, 2006, 07:33:02 PM »   

Jay.........when you get this .........take the time to open every file. There are a lot of hidden items. For example: you might skip over the bigger sizes.....like a 3x3.........but when you open that there are several others inside....theres one (Cash for life) that has only 2 X 3 and 3 X 3...but when you open the 2 X 3 there is a folder called Canada. Open this and there are 1 x3 on up and several graphic sets..that all together run for 45+ seconds. There are several hidden PSP's also...........I found this one tonight   PSP203. It is a special program for writing the jack files only. Just might work on a CHAMII!    Tim

* SUPREME WR.txt (0.63 KB - downloaded 173 times.)

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #309 on: September 17, 2008, 09:46:25 PM »

cessnac182golf

« Reply #415 on: May 01, 2006, 07:53:37 PM »   

I just found 2 more hidden PSP's.........and the missing FIL.MIK PSP that turns picture files into Mikohn Files. And a storybook PSP writer. Some of these are dedicated and I think only work on the MARK2 and AGL boards but you never know. Some of the bigger sizes have files that are special ones written for Cesar's Palace, MGM etc. Opening these sometimes also brings up more PSP's and smaller sizes of displays.....probably to mimic the big board overhead. I will try loading some. Also some 1 X 2 files are written to work on 1 X 1, 1 X 2 and 1 X 3. Bally's famous games (UNO, Magic 8 Ball..etc) is one example....   it is listed as a 1 X 2 but is filed as a 1 X 3 and works great on my 1 X 3!
Tim

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #310 on: September 17, 2008, 09:46:47 PM »

Jay

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #416 on: May 01, 2006, 08:13:56 PM »   

Smaller should always work on the larger. Just more blank space...
Incidently what kind of display are you running ? is it a FCD or just tri-color ?

I think I have worked out what I plan to do with my long 1x10 sign. Wife just gave me preliminary approval.
It would be a semi circle as a header over my bar. Not sure of the exact arc yet.

What I thought I would do is get some MDF and route out a semicircle channel The individual boards would sit in the channel along with the transparent plexy.  I was thinking of doing a top and bottom for balance. I was then thiking of laminating the MDF with either black or perhaps oak so I can stain it the same color as the bar. I am not sure if I would then mount it to the ceiling or get some brass tubing like I have for my foot rails and screw it to the top of the bar.

Some of your expert advice would be appreciated. I had thought about using 3/4in but if I end up doing a top and bottom then I am concerned about the weight. Especially if I opt to mount it to the ceiling vs putting it on poles.

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #311 on: September 17, 2008, 09:47:33 PM »

cessnac182golf

« Reply #417 on: May 01, 2006, 08:17:25 PM »   

Well.......there are sound files here too..........anybody know what componets you have to have to use the sound on these Mikohn units (ChamII, Supreme etc)?  Example: There is a storybook file of the MGM lion and sound files:Roar! There are no less than 60 different animal picture files and they all have sound files (finally figured out why some graphic files have 3 different files with them......a Mikohn graphic conversion...that is what the FIL.MIK psp does...a storybook file, and a sound file). There are pictures of the machines that these are used on........check this out...........now how many of you guys want this machine!!

« Reply #419 on: May 01, 2006, 08:56:26 PM »   

Oh..............forgot    It is a tri color.............basically 6 of the CHAMII type put together. It really is amazing how good this board looks when it is fired up. American Bandstand is one that really looks good. It has both light and heavy programs. Pretty Cool!     Night!   Tim

* playboy.gif (16.91 KB, 188x341 - viewed 231 times.)

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #312 on: September 17, 2008, 09:48:05 PM »

cessnac182golf

« Reply #418 on: May 01, 2006, 08:43:10 PM »   

Quote from: Jay on May 01, 2006, 08:13:56 PM
Smaller should always work on the larger. Just more blank space...
Incidently what kind of display are you running ? is it a FCD or just tri-color ?

I think I have worked out what I plan to do with my long 1x10 sign. Wife just gave me preliminary approval.
It would be a semi circle as a header over my bar. Not sure of the exact arc yet.

What I thought I would do is get some MDF and route out a semicircle channel The individual boards would sit in the channel along with the transparent plexy.  I was thinking of doing a top and bottom for balance. I was then thiking of laminating the MDF with either black or perhaps oak so I can stain it the same color as the bar. I am not sure if I would then mount it to the ceiling or get some brass tubing like I have for my foot rails and screw it to the top of the bar.

Some of your expert advice would be appreciated. I had thought about using 3/4in but if I end up doing a top and bottom then I am concerned about the weight. Especially if I opt to mount it to the ceiling vs putting it on poles.

If weight is the problem...........stay away from particle board and MDF. Oak is also heavy but the way to loose weight is use oak veneer plywood were you can, and keep the real wood to a minimum. I have done several bar overheads....I did the bar and overhead fixture (holds recessed can lights) for the owner of the company I run..........looking down from the top it was a shape of a 5 with the top part of the 5 running to the left and back to the wall, I matched the light bar top to the shape of the bar and we hung it from the 12' ceiling with the same kind of gold chain that a light fixture uses. The light box was made of 1/2" glued and braced plywood and covered with P-Lam. I did the bar top in the same P-Lam with a recessed spill trough. Then it has a Naugahyde bar rail and a diamond tufted front, We ordered a custom brass rail for the foot rest.
Send me a drawing of what you want...and include sizes and perhaps I could help with some of the more difficult pieces and send them to you KD were you could assemble it. Do not forget about allowing for at least some convective cooling of the meter and where the driving hardware is going to be. These units detest long ribbon cables to the meter.
Good Night!   Tim

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #313 on: September 17, 2008, 09:49:19 PM »

rickhunter
Computer Help 101 Moderator.

Members Rating: 487
[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

There's been excessive spam lately in my Laptop.

« Reply #420 on: May 01, 2006, 11:56:46 PM »   

Multiple graphics, text, animation!!!  I'm obosolete!!!  Gone for a week and all this stuff.  Good going Tim.  Now how do I convince the wife for a Con2 and a supreme...     

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #314 on: September 17, 2008, 09:49:42 PM »

CaptainHappy
Site Administrator

Members Rating: 416
[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #421 on: May 02, 2006, 12:34:59 AM »   

Quote from: cessnac182golf on May 01, 2006, 08:17:25 PM
Well.......there are sound files here too..........anybody know what componets you have to have to use the sound on these Mikohn units (ChamII, Supreme etc)?  Example: There is a storybook file of the MGM lion and sound files:Roar! There are no less than 60 different animal picture files and they all have sound files (finally figured out why some graphic files have 3 different files with them......a Mikohn graphic conversion...that is what the FIL.MIK psp does...a storybook file, and a sound file). There are pictures of the machines that these are used on........check this out...........now how many of you guys want this machine!!

Tim,

Dare I ask the following??? (OK, sorry all I could not resist!      )

For the machine pictured, just how "GRAPHIC" are the animation files, and exactly what sounds does the bunny make???     

HA HA HA HA HA

As for the sound I remember reading somewhere that the sound when enabled is output on the serial connector. Looks like you found a true treasure chest! Now it looks like I need to find one more panel to turn the 1x2 into a 1x3???

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #315 on: September 17, 2008, 09:50:07 PM »

cessnac182golf

« Reply #422 on: May 02, 2006, 03:46:02 AM »   

Actually Betty Boop is about as fancy as the girls get... .....She winks and lifts her leg and smiles at you with new york city behind her. As to Playboy.............well........Only the Bunny knows! Keep an eye out.....you should have your copy in a day or so. There are a bunch of 1 X 2's but there are more big ones........and the bigger ones have pages of stuff with them. Off to Work!   Tim

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #316 on: September 17, 2008, 09:50:58 PM »

Jay

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #423 on: May 02, 2006, 10:39:22 AM »   

Well if you like that Playboy machine......

How about this....

Seller is asking $100 + shipping. I also think it is missing the candle harness but that could be put together relatively quickly...

If you are interested PM me and I will pass along the contact details. 

* playboy1.jpg (103 KB, 441x824 - viewed 224 times.)

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #317 on: September 17, 2008, 09:52:04 PM »

vf192
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Members Rating: 2
[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

?-?-?-?

« Reply #424 on: May 03, 2006, 03:24:56 AM »   

I am in trouble now.
I have In machine Linker unit(LED5) and CON1.
Ver.7.15 is fine.But 7.20 is not good.
Rihgt side letter was cut......
Please refer photo.
Please let me know how to set up.

* mikohled.jpg (198.92 KB, 610x290 - viewed 250 times.)

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #318 on: September 17, 2008, 09:52:18 PM »

Jay

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #425 on: May 03, 2006, 04:09:32 AM »   

Can you burn another 7.15 set ?

I had only 1 7.2 in 5 boards and it was fried so I never got to play with it.

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #319 on: September 17, 2008, 09:52:46 PM »

vf192
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Members Rating: 2
[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

?-?-?-?

« Reply #426 on: May 03, 2006, 05:07:48 AM »   

Thank you!!
I have 1 7.15 bord and 1 7.20 board and 1 7.22 board..... 

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #320 on: September 17, 2008, 09:53:06 PM »

Jay

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #427 on: May 03, 2006, 06:04:12 AM »   

Just looking at this again... It is perhaps that the 7.20 is for a larger display.

I also have a 7.15 chip that is taller than my display so It looks like the bottom is cut off. 

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #321 on: September 17, 2008, 09:53:36 PM »

cessnac182golf

« Reply #428 on: May 03, 2006, 03:01:05 PM »   

Quote from: idesign on May 01, 2006, 11:49:56 AM
Thanks! I have the T handle from mouser and the IDC connectors from Allied (I did not know....there in Ft Worth...about 5 miles from my plant) . What are you using for stress relief ( perhaps a nylon loop tie will work?) and if I just loop over the wire and continue from one CHAMII+ to the next..........Any Idea how often should I use a choke?  Also........the Con 2 Diag. shows a 2 wire hookup on the 6 pin connector from the CON2 to a CHAMII......but the CHAMII shows using all 6 wires. I tried a 2 wire and did not get any indication that the CHAMII+ was communicating with the CON2. Have not tried a 6 wire yet.   Thanks!   Tim

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #322 on: September 17, 2008, 09:54:07 PM »

cessnac182golf

« Reply #429 on: May 03, 2006, 03:04:34 PM »   

Quote from: Jay on May 02, 2006, 10:39:22 AM
Well if you like that Playboy machine......

How about this....

Seller is asking $100 + shipping. I also think it is missing the candle harness but that could be put together relatively quickly...

If you are interested PM me and I will pass along the contact details.
Now I wish I had more than 1 round top!     Tim

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #323 on: September 17, 2008, 09:54:27 PM »

idesign
Site Administrator

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #430 on: May 03, 2006, 05:22:27 PM »   

Quote from: cessnac182golf on May 03, 2006, 03:01:05 PM
Quote from: idesign on May 01, 2006, 11:49:56 AM
Thanks! I have the T handle from mouser and the IDC connectors from Allied (I did not know....there in Ft Worth...about 5 miles from my plant) . What are you using for stress relief ( perhaps a nylon loop tie will work?) and if I just loop over the wire and continue from one CHAMII+ to the next..........Any Idea how often should I use a choke?  Also........the Con 2 Diag. shows a 2 wire hookup on the 6 pin connector from the CON2 to a CHAMII......but the CHAMII shows using all 6 wires. I tried a 2 wire and did not get any indication that the CHAMII+ was communicating with the CON2. Have not tried a 6 wire yet.   Thanks!   Tim

I bought the strain relief caps just in case I use the MTA connectors with the T handle.  I plan on using the Molex KK .156 connectors to connect the CHAMII+'s to the CON2.  Those use crimp connections. Don't have the replacement CON2 yet so I can't comment on your problem with not communicating with the CHAMII+. From all the posting you were doing I thought you already had it all set up with the machines and all. 

Maybe I'll have mine set up this weekend if all goes well. 

What do you want to use a choke for?

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #324 on: September 17, 2008, 09:55:00 PM »

cessnac182golf

Members Rating: 28
[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

My 8 Month Old Grandson's First Flight

« Reply #431 on: May 03, 2006, 08:19:32 PM »   

I think that is what you call it...a choke....those round magnets that you wrap the wire around to limit interference.
I'M still finding stuff on this graphic CD.. There is a PSP call ST (DOS) that if you open it asks for a story name. List one in that folder and it plays it for you......and I think........lets you make changes. If so.......thats our ticket to writing our own stuff!
Check out this picture set of one of the bigger displays.  And yes.........he is talking....I think the sound file is with this also.  Tim

* 122-2283_IMG.JPG (169.34 KB, 800x600 - viewed 243 times.)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.