Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 06:12:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  BALLY Game Maker. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  coin comparitor question
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: coin comparitor question  (Read 3726 times)
brianfink
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 20

« on: August 19, 2011, 12:31:14 AM »

My machine has a coin comparitor and no cod board so I set the EEPROM for coin comparitor only and it seems like the coin comparitor is on (green light) when the door is open and off (red light) when the door is closed. So I set the EEPROM for coin comparitor and cod board and it works some of the time (even though there is no cod board) but it has a high rejection rate, and I set the sensitivity as low as possible. Do I just need a new comparitor, or do I need a cod board and new harness, or is there some setting to make it work properly with EEPROM set to coin comparitor only.  The coin comparitor is a model MC-16 R2, 24VDC INHHI, 6.0G The machine is model V7217ST the year is 03

* game maker keno plus 006.jpg (957.66 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 330 times.)

* game maker keno plus 005.jpg (869.88 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 320 times.)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 05:45:31 PM by brianfink » Logged
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 08:13:15 AM »

Type of Gamemaker and comparitor?  And  Please Post Pictures
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 05:56:06 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Slotmaster
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 172

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 11:37:17 AM »

My machine has a coin comparitor and no cod board so I set the EEPROM for coin comparitor only and it seems like the coin comparitor is on (green light) when the door is open and off (red light) when the door is closed. So I set the EEPROM for coin comparitor and cod board and it works some of the time (even though there is no cod board) but it has a high rejection rate, and I set the sensitivity as low as possible. Do I just need a new comparitor, or do I need a cod board and new harness, or is there some setting to make it work properly with EEPROM set to coin comparitor only. 
I have a few COD boards around for sale, just PM me.  However try another sample coin to start troubleshooting from there, if there is a coin optic board make sure the coin guide is the right size otherwise it bounces around and misses the optics.

brianfink
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 05:53:12 PM »

I posted picks and model numbers in my original post and I tryed different coins with the same results 
Slotmaster
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 172

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 05:59:22 PM »

I posted picks and model numbers in my original post and I tryed different coins with the same results 
well thats the all in one model, I would try to get another one to replace it.

azgamingslots

Total Karma Storms: 9

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 10:20:42 AM »

the only time a cod board is necessary is the slant tops with a cc 16 comparator.  .  the uprite 7000 uses a cc62 comparator.
looks like yours is a 7200 using a comparator with internal optics.  no cod board necessary. 
if you are having problems its probably the optics in the bottom of the comparator.
the later sigmas used this type -real pain in the ass.  make sure there is a coin in the reader or it will fail out.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.