Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 01:56:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  BALLY Game Maker. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  Bill validator doesn't work on initial bootup
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bill validator doesn't work on initial bootup  (Read 5199 times)
bobbynelson
« on: June 13, 2009, 12:40:46 PM »

I have a Bally Game Maker V7000 which has a JCM DBV200 bill validator installed. When I turn on the game maker, the machine boots up, the bill validator makes a bunch of noise (normal), and the door faceplate bill light turns on to accept money. However, the DBV200 will not accept a bill. The Game Maker also includes the message "bill validator disabled" on the bottom of the monitor.

If I open up the Game Maker door and close it again, the bill validator makes a bunch of noise (appears to be resetting itself), and the door faceplate bill light turns off, and the message at the bottom of the Game Maker monitor disappears. Only at this time will the bill validator accept money.  I originally had a DBV145 bill acceptor in this machine but it did the samething then too. Upgrading to a DBV200 didn't make a change. I also used the SafeRam clear chip and no change either.

My question...why is this happening? The bill validator doesn't appear to be booting up properly on initial startup and the door faceplate bill light appears to be working in reverse order. The light comes on when it doesn’t accept money and goes off when money is accepted.

Could it be wired wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
bobbynelson
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 10:57:44 PM »

***Update***

Upon further research, someone (a previous owner) had apparently replaced the red light bulb on the bill acceptor/faceplate light board with a white light bulb. This action would make an individual like myself think the bill acceptor was ready to accept a bill. The bill acceptor light board supports both a red light bulb for a problem and clear bulbs to signal everything is fine and it’s ready to accept bills.

However, the machine boots up initially with the bill validator disabled. Only after the Game Maker front door is opened and closed, will the bill acceptor’ accept money. Oh, the red light bulb on the bill acceptor light board turns off once the front door is opened and closed although the clear bulbs still won't turn on.

I’ve checked the wiring for the bill acceptor distribution board, bill acceptor light board, and the backplane board. Everything looks good so my guess is there is a slight problem with the MPU board. Does anyone know what chip or component might cause this condition to occur? I’m not an engineer and locating the failed MPU board component is a little beyond my expertise. Any help to this problem would be greatly appreciated.
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 12:03:35 AM »

I think it's U28, anyone want to confirm this.

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
bobbynelson
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 10:03:02 PM »

Thanks for the reply a69mopar. I'm willing to try it. Any ideas on where I can buy a replacement chip?
Pokernut
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 112

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 09:12:51 PM »

What about the software in the DBV200 head?  Are you sure its for the Bally?  Also, can you put the old DBV145 back in and see if it works?  That may tell you its the software in the head
Just my 2 cents worth
Pokernut
bobbynelson
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 10:56:19 PM »

Great suggestion Pokernut. I put in the old DBV and it still acts the sameway. I personal don't understand why it bootsup disabled but works once you open and close the cabnet door. I really appreciate your suggestion. Anyone else have an idea or knows if the U28 chip is flawed?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.