Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 09:49:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  BALLY Game Maker. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  LCD Upgrade
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LCD Upgrade  (Read 40452 times)
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2009, 04:00:35 PM »

new new new new ELO CONTROLLER PICTURES  new new new new

ok i just thought for the members who dont know what a ELO TOUCH SCREEN CONTROLLER LOOKS LIKE ?
 FIRST IN THE SILVER BOX IS THE CONTROLLER --YES EXPENSIVE TO BUY !! MORE THAN 3M !!

second inside the metal box

there are three sep. locations for plugs  

1.--serial cable output to mother board of game

2. middle plug for 5 volts dc

3.--empty plug with brass pins come from white plug from touch screen itself

the second picture is ELO CONTROLLER IN METAL BOX

* NLG 111.jpg (73 KB, 720x479 - viewed 299 times.)

* NLG112.jpg (57.85 KB, 720x479 - viewed 286 times.)

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2009, 04:05:02 PM »

NEXT WE HAVE A ELO CONTROLLER OUT OF ITS METAL BOX !!
HELD ON MACHINE WITH VELCRO IN MANY CASES .

I TOOK A JVL CONCORDE GAME YESTERDAY THE 21ST OF DEC. AS SEEN ON PICTURE

THAT RUNS ON BOTH ELO & 3M TOUCH SCREENS

AFTER I HOOKED UP THE ELO TOUCH SCREEN I WENT INTO SETTINGS .

IT SHOWS THE IDENTIFICATION ON SCREEN THAT ITS USING A ELO TOUCH SCREEN AND THE SERIAL NUMBER OF CONTROLLER
OF COURSE I WOULD OF NEVER GOT THIS FAR TO TAKE PICTURES !1IF THE ELO DID NOT WORK -SINCE THERE ARE NO BUTTONS ON THE GAME

PICTURE 1. CONTROLLER REMOVED FROM STANDARD METAL CASE

PICTURE 2. IS THE DISPLAY ON SCREEN OF THE "ELO" TOUCH SCREEN

>>>>MOST TOUCH SCREEN GAMES I HAVE WORKED ON GIVE YOU THE CHOICE ?? <<<< IF THE DRIVERS ARE INSTALLED FOR BOTH 3M & ELO
        TO SET UP THE GAME TO PLAY .

HOPE THIS HELPS OUT ANYBODY WHO NEVER HAS SEEN CONTROLLERS OF ELO ??
ROCKET

I NEVER LOST POWER ..I HAD TO SLEEP WAS UP 36 HRS PLOWING WHITE STUFF AROUND ..  Clap Clap Clap

* NLG113.jpg (149.78 KB, 719x1080 - viewed 256 times.)

* NLG114.jpg (73.91 KB, 720x479 - viewed 317 times.)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 04:20:22 PM by ROCKET » Logged

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2009, 04:12:13 PM »

The power musta went out at Rocket's house!   Tongue Out bust gut laughing
Oh, he's got it up now!!! Good stuff Rocket!
Thanks for showing us what those thing's look like... applause Hail
cp
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 165

« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2009, 04:55:59 PM »

OK  Rocket... I hears ya...  however,  I wrote/spoke before I looked at my  Bally Evo-Hybrids  touchscreens...(I assumed since someone else said theirs were  ELO...)   anyways... 

I looked at mine... and they're  Tatung   15"  touchscreens...

Will  Tatung  make a difference ?  Useable in  Bally  Game Maker ?  perhaps   yes/no ??
dpalmi
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2009, 04:59:41 PM »

Anyone up to a challenge and feel confident  it "may"  work  in a  Game Maker,  I'll  send them a  Evo-Hybrid  touch screen.

Hellio!

I am up to the challenge!!

If you are willing to send me a screen - I would be happy to try and connect it to my Game Maker.  Let me know...

Dan #2

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2009, 05:49:14 PM »

Is there a calibration procedure for the screens in software that has to be done before use?

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2009, 06:18:29 PM »

Is there a calibration procedure for the screens in software that has to be done before use?

im guessing your refering to the ELO  OR BOTH ??

on 99% of the games i have worked on with touch screens that will accept both
yes they have to be hand picked on the display screen first . of which model is to be used !!

BUT THATS ONLY POSSIBLE IF YOU HAVE A RESET KEY SWITCH OR BUTTON SWITCH ETC
 TO GO FROM ONE SCREEN TO NEXT WITHOUT TOUCHING IT !!

IN OTHER MACHINES LETS SAY IT WAS RUNNING ON 3M --THEN YOU JUST PUT A ELO IN PLACE . LETS SAY IT DOES HAVE THE DRIVERS FOR BOTH ??

THEN STILL YES YOU HAVE TO GET TO THE POINT <<NO PUN INTENED  >> OF GETTING TOUCH POINTS SET BEFORE YOU CAN GO AHEAD AND TOUCH THE SCREEN TO ACTUALLY WORK ..

IN 100% OF MY EXPERIENCE IF YOU PUT IN A ELO -IN PLACE OF A 3M TOUCH SCREEN AND BOOT THE MACHINE -IT WILL GET TO A POINT AND LOCK A BLACK SCREEN ?? OR SAY ""NO TOUCH SCREEN FOUND "" MEANING IT WILL NOT ACCEPT THE ELO TOUCH SCREEN --YOU MAY SEE A DOS SCREEN ETC ON THE LCD BUT IT WONT RESPOND TO TOUCH  !!

ITS QUITE EASY TO TEST IT OUT ON ANY MACHINE . THE PROBLEM AS I SAID IS 3M ARE FED 12 VOLTS DC
MOST ARE ORANGE AND GRAY WIRES . THE ELO RUNS 5 VOLTS DC YELLOW AND BLACK WIRES

IF YOU FEED THE ELO CONTROLLER 12 VOLTS SAY GODBYE TO IT !!! KA-BOOM

SO YOU WOULD HAVE TO JURY RIG A 5 VOLT POWER SOURCE TO THE ELO CONTROLLER  ON A GAMEMAKER 7000 SERIES IT TELLS ME IT WAS NEVER SET UP FOR ELO ..--THATS WHY I SAID A SIMPLE SHEMATICS OF THE GAME MAKER NOT SHOWING A 5 VOLT PLUG LEFT FOR A ELO CONTROLLER WOULD TELL ME THE DRIVERS WERE NOT INSTALLED . PLUS THE MAJOR POST IS THE GAME WAS ORIGINALLY SET FOR A CRT MONITOR ..

ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2009, 06:25:51 PM »

LATER TONIGHT I WILL POST PICTURES OF A OPEN FRAME ELO LCD ITS A HEWLETT PACKARD USING A CHUGUNWA LCD
WITH THE RIBBON CABLE ELO CONTROLLER VERY SIMILAR IN DESIGN TO THE PREVIOUS ONES I POSTED PICTURES .

ALSO WILL POST A OPEN FRAME SAMSUNG WITH A 3M CONTROLLER MOUNTED TO IT SO YOU CAN SEE THOSE ALSO
THE 3M CONTROLLER IS IDENTICAL FOR CRT & LCD --EXCEPT FOR THE ONES USING THE USB PLUG AS I MENTIONED EARLY ON ON THIS THREAD .

JUST TO MODIFY THIS THREAD A BIT ITS BOUNCED AROUND QUITE A BIT ..

JUST FOOD FOR THOUGHT THE CRT MONITOR IS A HARD GLASS THICK GLASS MONITOR AS WE HAVE SEEN FOR YRS .

THE LCD IS JUST TUBES RUNING BACK AND FOURTH VERY LITE IN DESIGN GOOD PICTURE HEAD ON ONLY IN MOST CASES

MY WORRY AS I DESIGNER AND REPAIRMAN AND USER WOULD BE LONG TERM DOOR SLAMMING >>THE DOOR<<<ON OLDER MACHINES AND NEWER MACHINES
THE CRT IS MOUNTED INSIDE THE CABINET THE LCD IN MANY CASES MOUNTED DIRECTLY TO DOOR . IF YOU SLAM THAT DOOR TO HARD OR WRONG WAY ITS LIKE TAPPING A FLUORECENT BULB THE WRONG WAY IT GOES POOF INTO TINY PEICES .. THINK ABOUT PUTTING A LCD DOOR MOUNT ON A SLOT MACHINE THAT THE DOOR NEEDS TO BE OPENED OFTEN FOR COIN REFILL OR SETTINGS OR INSPECTION ..

ONE DEAD TUBE IS A PILE OF DEAD PIXELS !!!

CRT TUBES DONT POP PIXELS OUT AS I MENTIONED BEFORE .IF THE LCD IS MOUNTED INSIDE MACHINE WITH CUSHION RUBBER OR OTHER IT MAY STAND A CHANCE OVER TIME .BUT I HAVE BEEN AT CASION'S ENOUGH THAT WHEN THE SLOT TECH OR ATTENDENT COMES TO FIX SOMETHING THEY CLOSE THAT DOOR LIKE THEY HATE LIFE !! Clap Clap Clap Clap

FOOD FOR THOUGHT IN MOUNTING LCD IN AMACHINE ON DOOR ??
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 06:48:20 PM by ROCKET » Logged

ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2009, 03:28:33 PM »

OK  Rocket... I hears ya...  however,  I wrote/spoke before I looked at my  Bally Evo-Hybrids  touchscreens...(I assumed since someone else said theirs were  ELO...)   anyways...  

I looked at mine... and they're  Tatung   15"  touchscreens...

Will  Tatung  make a difference ?  Useable in  Bally  Game Maker ?  perhaps   yes/no ??

OK im trying to follow up on this question .

your saying you have a TATUNG CRT MONITOR IN YOUR GAME MAKER ?? >>YES VERY COMMON << BUT WHO'S TOUCH SCREEN ARE THEY USING ON THE TATUNG MONITOR ??

IM GUESSING IT HAS TO BE 3M SINCE I HAVE FOUND NO EVIDENCE YET ?? THAT SAYS THE V7000 SERIES GAMEMAKER CAME WITH ANYTHING BUT A 3M TOUCH SCREEN ?

>>KEEP IN MIND TOUCH SCREEN <<
 people get confused and say they have a WELLS GARNER MONITOR --BUT IN FACT ITS A PHILLIPS -ORION - CHANGUWA-DUCKSAN - LG ETC ETC .
its whoever  WELLS GARNER PURCHASED FROM AT TIME OF SALE .

TATUNG MONITORS ARE COMMON IN GAMEMAKERS -THAT DOES NOT MEAN THEY USE THERE OWN TOUCH SCREEN ETC .

IF YOU COULD POST PICTURES OF THE SERIAL CABLE COMING OFF THE TATUNG CRT MONITOR I THINK YOU WILL FIND IT GOES TO A 3M CONTROLLER POSTED EARLIER IN THIS THREAD !!

PLEASE LET US KNOW THANKS ..

aeroslave
« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2009, 02:03:42 AM »

Ok, how about the monitor it's self. Do we know if Bally Gamemaker CRT's Use CGA?
Has anyone had any luck converting to VGA?
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2009, 11:17:31 AM »

Ok, how about the monitor it's self. Do we know if Bally Gamemaker CRT's Use CGA?
Has anyone had any luck converting to VGA?

well thats a simple answer ..is yes it can be converted to VGA since i have never ever known any LCD to be CGA !!
on the POT OF GOLD THREAD  of my pictures that TJKELLER posted ..the POT OF GOLD GAME is a CGA -CRT  based game .

I ran a video converter to convert the signal to VGA . THE HAAP KITS kits FOR THE GAME MAKER must be running a similar converter to get the LCD TO WORK AS I DID ON THE POT OF GOLD

check out the POT OF GOLD PICTURES you will see MY  19" TATUNG SCREEN LCD --WITH 3M MICROTOUCH TOUCHSCREEN & CONTROLLER -WIRED TO A VIDEO CONVERTER -. TO GO FROM CRT  TO LCD VGA .. the converter i purchased from a seller on ebay "YATON????? < #'S from canada and china .

I have yet to see a converter sold like the ones i purchased 3 yrs ago that gave you the amount of screen adjustment as YATONS product. but i looked recently and the seller sells a diff model .

but to answer the question yes its been done obviously by HAAP ON THE RETROFIT KIT AND BY ME ON THE POT OF GOLD VERY SIMILAR TO THE GAMEMAKER -- EPROM BASED GAME 12 ACTIVE GAMES AT ONCE .. BUT WITH MANY MORE OPTIONS THAN THE GAMEMAKER !!

now to answer the next question can you go the other way ?? lol   LCD  TO CGA  YES THEY MAKE A VIDEO CONVERTER FOR THAT ALSO !!!

POT OF GOLD THREAD WITH PICTURES

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=2120.0

JUST TO EXPLAIN PICTURES BELOW QUICK --19"TATUNG LCD WITH 3M MICRO TOUCH -TOUCH SCREEN -
INSIDE THE DISPLAY IS THE COMMON WHITE /IVORY COLOR 3M CONTROLLER WITH DB-9 SERIAL CABLE OUT PUT

THEN 15 PIN D-SUB CABLE INPUT AND 110 VOLT AC INPUT FOR THE TATAUNG DISPLAY .

THE MAIN BOARD POT OF GOLD "GREEN"  IN COLOR WIRED TO VIDEO CONVERTER NEXT PICTURE TO CONVERT CRT TO VGA
THE VIDEO CONVERTER REQUIRES 5 VOLTS DC .THATS THE CONDOR BLACK POWER SUPPLY IN MID BOARD TO SUPPLY 5VOLTS DC TO CONVERTER

FAR RIGHT NOT SEEN WELL IS STANDARD ATX POWER SUPPLY FOR VIDEO GAMES TO GIVE POT OF GOLD ITS POWER
AND HAS SEPERATE 110 VOLT AC PLUG FOR THE LCD SCREEN SO ALL COME ON AT ONCE ..

HOPE THESE PICS HELP EXPLAIN CONVERSIONS

ROCKET .

* NLG POTOF GOLD 111.jpg (14.78 KB, 350x262 - viewed 1333 times.)

* NLG POT OF GOLD 222.jpg (19.78 KB, 350x263 - viewed 1258 times.)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 11:40:59 AM by ROCKET » Logged

dpalmi

« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2010, 05:35:51 PM »

Hello all!

As I investigate this further...I saw Rocket's response and know and agree that a Game Maker can use a VGA display - such as the one Happ sells - but what I would like to know is if the Game Maker is CGA or VGA.  Does the Happ screen use a converter to make it work?

Can anyone confirm if the Game Maker by default is CGA or VGA.  I looked at the pinout in the manual and from my guess I would say it's native VGA - but I'm no expert Smiley

Dan #2

paul
paul

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2010, 02:04:22 AM »

Rocket what did you have to do to get the elo touch screen to work in a Bally        Paul
dpalmi

« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2010, 03:24:48 AM »

Hello all!

As I investigate this further and poke around...would anyone have an extra male 24 pin monitor connector from a Bally Game Maker that connects to the monitor they could sell me?  This is the connector on the bottom of the monitor tray.  I have included 2 pics below - the first one is the actual connector I need - the 2nd one is the female end - what it plugs in to.  I don't really want to splice my existing connectors in the machine...

Dan #2

* c1.jpg (39.35 KB, 600x450 - viewed 271 times.)

* c2.jpg (35.95 KB, 600x450 - viewed 263 times.)

2Moons
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2010, 05:54:58 AM »

Hello
I redid both male & female ends and these worked for me.
http://bigdaddy-enterprises.com/index.htm
Your headed down a rocky road. I have attempted what you are trying and I didn't have much luck getting it to play correctly.
After much bleeding, I broke down and bought the Happ kit & had my Gamemaker up and running in less than 10 minutes.
I wish you Good Luck
2Moons
ruttrunner1
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2010, 03:39:33 PM »

$40 ELO Touch Screen.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 04:21:06 PM by ruttrunner1 » Logged
dpalmi

« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2010, 05:11:11 PM »

Hello all!

You beat me too it!  Did you get the touchscreen part to work??  I haven't got to that yet...

But I was able to make a cable so I can plug any VGA/SVGA monitor I want it my Game Maker - I was going to work on the touchscreen part next.  SO - yes, the Game Maker is a VGA/SVGA signal and you can connect any kind of VGA/SVGA monitor to it you want - all you need is a cable that is wired correctly - no converter needed of any kind - just a straight signal.  The pic below is just a regular HP computer monitor.  I took an old VGA extension cable and cut it in half and an old IDE flat ribbon cable (normal 40 pins) that I cut down to 20 pins - then it was just matching up the wires...I will post a pin to pin chart in just a little bit.

Dan #2

* v1.jpg (243.11 KB, 800x1066 - viewed 303 times.)

* v2.jpg (291.9 KB, 1000x1333 - viewed 312 times.)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 07:51:25 PM by dpalmi » Logged

CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2010, 05:16:52 PM »

$40 ELO Touch Screen.

VERY COOL, that is what we were all hoping for!!!

Would it be possible for you to summarize what steps you had to do to get it working??? Details appreciated!

K+ for getting it going!

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy
 nlg ADMIN

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2010, 05:23:21 PM »

Just looked more closely.....

How is Cleopatra coming up on the display in the Game Maker??? I thought that was an IGT game???  Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head

Also just saw dpalmi's post as well!! Thanks for that exciting post too! K+ Clap

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy
 nlg ADMIN

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
ruttrunner1
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2010, 05:38:03 PM »

Click on you tube video below.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/x2cvsnkZUz0&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/x2cvsnkZUz0&rel=0</a>

I am holding this information hostage.

I want a ramsom of 1000 karma points for it's safe release.  Help

bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

paul
paul

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2010, 05:49:05 PM »

I only got to wait for 980 more
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2010, 11:24:48 PM »

I am holding this information hostage.

I want a ramsom of 1000 karma points for it's safe release.  Help

bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

That's not quite how it works, however according to some "Cash is King"   Tongue Out  Tongue Out  Tongue Out

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2010, 11:38:06 PM »

Where's Rocket when you need him..............

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
ruttrunner1
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2010, 12:05:44 AM »

a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2010, 12:24:33 AM »

k+ for the pics.

W

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.