Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 10:24:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  BALLY Game Maker. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  Missing bet/win/credit graphic on some games
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Missing bet/win/credit graphic on some games  (Read 7050 times)
BenF
« on: July 08, 2009, 02:07:05 AM »

I'm a noob when it comes to Gamemaker so maybe there's an easy explanation for this, or it's just the way it is, but I noticed a few of the games on mine don't show the bet/paid/credit information within the game.  For example, Deuces Wild, Wizard of Odds, Bonus Blackjack, etc both show a very large Bet, Credit, and Win Paid section within each game.  However, Triple Chance Poker, Pick Em Bonus 5, and Improve Your Hand 3 do not show that information.  Even stranger, within those games there are what appear to be errant dots, which I'm guessing is where that graphic should be, but I haven't seen enough GM's to know if that's normal or not. 

Pics below, I circled the areas of issue in red.   It's not that big of a deal but is somewhat of a hassle when you want to know how much you have in the bank and have to go out to the main menu to find out.   It's a 7200 model in case that makes a difference.

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 04:37:34 AM »

I haven't seen those two games before, and I'm not terribly knowledgeable about the GameMaker platform (I'm sure someone who is will chime in shortly).

That said, there's something wrong with the graphics on the games where you're not able to see the credit meter.  The buttons at the bottom of the screen (Menu, Help, etc.) should look like buttons (like they do in the first two pictures), not just text.  I presume that there's either an issue with the graphics chip(s) and/or you may need a specific mains to run those games.  As I said, though, I'm sure someone who knows more about the games will chime in.

I'm sure that the cash/credit amount should always show on the screen.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
idesign
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 509

If it aint broke why mess with it?????

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 09:17:45 AM »

You need to change out the Graphics chips on the processor board.  What number Graphics chips are you currently running.

By the way, that screen quality looks nice, LCD?
tacman
Topic Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 10:56:39 AM »

I agree with Idesign. The games you are having problems with seem to be the later types and your Graphics probably doesn't support them completely. Problem is, if the eproms are not marked, I do not believe there is an option screen to tell you what they are, only the Mains and personality eproms.

Dan (tacman)

BenF
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 12:43:30 PM »

Thanks all for the replies.  I'll check the graphics version tonight and post then with my findings.  Was thinking it had the latest/greatest in there but apparently not.   Yes idesign, that's an LCD screen.   It would look even better if I could hold the camera still!   lol
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 10:18:39 PM »

I'm a bit late on chiming in, but I agree with Idesign and Tacman. I had the same issue and it was resolved by installing a later version of the graphics chips.

Those images are nice and crisp. yes  I want an LCD for my Gamemaker. bawling bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
OhioGaming
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 297

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 11:27:14 PM »

Since this is helpful information .. and for future reference ..

Where did you buy the LCD and monitor bezel?

Part numbers?
BenF
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 01:38:45 AM »

Part numbers?

The LCD was there when I bought it.  If there's a part number, pics, etc that would be helpful though let me know.
rma
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 8

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2009, 01:43:02 AM »

I have Triple Chance Poker and Bonus Pick'um Poker - 10 Play set up on one of my MPU boards for a Gamemaker 7200.  The Mains I'm using are 24's and the Graphics 14's.

Dave (rma)

* IMAGE007.jpg (81.69 KB, 640x480 - viewed 272 times.)

* IMAGE009.jpg (87.68 KB, 640x480 - viewed 236 times.)

Growing old is inevitable - Growing up is optional.
BenF
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 01:40:37 AM »

Just wanted to follow up here that updating my graphics chips to 14 (mains were already 24) took care of the problem.  Thanks everyone for the help.   yes
StatFreak

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 03:05:32 AM »

I'm glad to hear that the graphics swap solved the problem, and thanks for letting us know. K+

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
mark805
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2009, 01:33:50 AM »

Benf: Can you walk me through the process that you did to fix it? I have the exact same issues.

StatFreak

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2009, 05:58:35 AM »

Benf: Can you walk me through the process that you did to fix it? I have the exact same issues.

You've Got Mail

StatFreak

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2009, 06:04:33 AM »

Part numbers?

Hey Ken, I noticed that your question never got answered. Happ has a drop-in plug'n'play version.
http://www.happcontrols.com/monitors/49667100.htm

If you can figure out the difference between the two model numbers listed, please let me know, since there are no physical differences between a "Game Maker" and a "Game Maker Plus" (multi-denomination, as far as I know). I even called Ceronix at the time and they couldn't tell me what the differences were. No one could confirm or deny that they meant V7000 and V7200 either.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.