Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 05:40:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  BALLY Game Maker. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  Gamemaker 7000 virus?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gamemaker 7000 virus?  (Read 7416 times)
badbaud
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 25

« on: May 25, 2010, 07:31:14 AM »

If this game were running on a Windows platform I would suspect that a virus had attacked the machine.

The customer brought in a Bally 7000 board that had a dead battery and we changed it.

We installed the clear chip and then reprogrammed the board with the machine's options using our Bally 7000 official test station.

The customer took the board home and put it into his machine and it did not work.

Did a house call to clear and configure the board inside his machine.

His machine has no hopper or coin mech, just a bill acceptor.

During the setup procedure for the board the menu selection for the Hopper Type was blocked out, it was defaulted to "hopper type = coin".

When scrolling down the screen to the various options every one could be changed except for Hopper Type.

And of course when completing the setup and entering normal game mode the error message that pops up is "Hopper Coin Out Error".

We tried putting a hopper into the machine then clearing and configuring the board again, hoping that the presence of a hopper would allow us to change

the Hopper Type setting to "none", then remove the hopper. But that didn't work - the Hopper Type selection was still blocked.

The strange thing is the board was configured in our shop, on our tester, and Hopper Type was not blocked out.

Does anybody know what the heck is going on?

ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 07:59:06 AM »

removed
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 09:05:16 PM by ROCKET » Logged

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
badbaud

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 02:40:55 PM »

There was no jumper on the hopper plug (pin 6 to pin 10) bringing the coin out signal to ground permanently. We didn't check the coin in circuit because we never got an error there.
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 04:58:01 PM »

removed
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 09:05:43 PM by ROCKET » Logged

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
badbaud

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 12:43:59 AM »

We went back to the machine today with a hopper and a hopper jumper plug.

Plugged the hopper in and did the clear process. Now the machine won't go into screen calibration so you can use the touch screen to set it up.

Unplugged the hopper and got the same result.

Took the board back to the shop and plugged it into our tester and it came up fine - with screen calibration firstly like it is suppose to be.

What the heck could be in his machine that is causing such software glitches? I guess replacing the power supply would be the next step.
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 08:59:20 AM »

removed
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 09:06:12 PM by ROCKET » Logged

ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 09:44:57 AM »

removed
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 09:06:49 PM by ROCKET » Logged

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 11:25:11 AM »

Hail To Rocket>>> The award for the longest  censored Post Of The Year!  Cool Thumbs-Up  applause
Great instructions from da man!!!
(Now  I gotta go buy a new mouse as the "scroll wheel"  just fell off... arrow )
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 11:29:44 AM »

removed
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 09:02:44 PM by ROCKET » Logged

badbaud

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 06:40:04 AM »

Success. We discovered the customer had disconnected the hopper plug from the back board. Plugged it in and a fake hopper plug where the hopper was and the option screen finally gave us the choice of setting the hopper to none during setup.
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 09:51:05 AM »

removed
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 09:03:30 PM by ROCKET » Logged

badbaud

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 02:08:33 PM »

Ya I agree pictures would help but I work for a guy who is still afraid of cell phones and doesn't own one, let alone carrying a camera phone to a job.

Strange scenario on this board's setup. If you clear RAM and do a fresh setup of the options you have to have a hopper plugged in before the hopper option comes up which allows you to tell the board you want no hopper. This customer got this machine with no hopper so the service call taught us to bring one of those fake hopper plugs (jumper pin 6 to 10) with us on all future service calls.
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 05:01:27 PM »

removed
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 09:04:07 PM by ROCKET » Logged

StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 08:32:42 PM »

Ya I agree pictures would help but I work for a guy who is still afraid of cell phones and doesn't own one, let alone carrying a camera phone to a job.

Strange scenario on this board's setup. If you clear RAM and do a fresh setup of the options you have to have a hopper plugged in before the hopper option comes up which allows you to tell the board you want no hopper. This customer got this machine with no hopper so the service call taught us to bring one of those fake hopper plugs (jumper pin 6 to 10) with us on all future service calls.

Thanks for letting us know which pins need to be jumpered. K+ to you. Clap Clap

SF garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
badbaud

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 11:14:13 PM »

Ahh the tens unit, I know it well, I am currently revamping a design I did for a customer and adding one to it. The design was for a kagel muscle exerciser. The tighter it is squeezed the higher the red, then yellow, then green LED's climb. THAT wasn't enough, next he wanted vibration and now electro stimulation. I wonder what market he is planning to sell it in. I thought it was a medical device.

Sorry moderator - way off topic.
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 09:33:35 AM »

removed
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 09:04:36 PM by ROCKET » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.