Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:35:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  * Code 21 - how do i fit that ?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: * Code 21 - how do i fit that ?  (Read 4665 times)
Westfieldslots
Welcome to my Profile.. ....
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

Name: Brent or DENNIS

« on: November 22, 2010, 09:27:21 PM »

I HAVE A "LUCKY 7" SQUARE TOP SLOT MACHINE , SHOWING CODE 21 - I HAVE DONE ALL I CAN THINK OF, I'VE PUT
THE CLEAR CHIP IN RESET IT , PUT THE ORIGINAL CHIP BACK IN IT WENT THOUGH THE STEP AND STILL I GET THIS ERROR 21 *

ANY IDEA , WOULD BE GREAT

* SANY0034.JPG (178.27 KB, 480x640 - viewed 354 times.)

www.WESTFIELDSLOTS.com - Located in the Houston,Texas area  check out my Youtube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/brent2oo8?feature=mhum
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 09:44:04 PM »

Welcome to NLG, Westfield Slots.

21 is a coin-in error.  Does the machine have coin-in parts (specifically, the coin optics) and are they known to be good?  Have you tried swapping in a known working coin-in assembly to try and isolate the problem?  How about a different, known working MPU board?

A clear chip on the S+ is a last resort and generally shouldn't be used, but since you did use it, did it cycle through the numbers on the display like it should have when it was clearing, or was it just frozen with the error 21?

Your profile indicates that you own a slot repair shop -- how much experience do you have in S+ repair?  I ask so we can determine what level of troubleshooting we need to provide to you.

Was this machine working and then something caused the error, or did you receive the machine in the condition it's in now?  The more you can tell us (including specifically what all you've tried (versus "I HAVE DONE ALL I CAN THINK OF"), so we don't suggest something you've already tried), the more we can tell you about how to fix your machine.  propeller

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Westfieldslots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 09:53:52 PM »

how much experience do you have in S+ repair?  " very little "

i change out the coin opit * same code...
swap motherboards * same code
run the clear chips and all the step * same code

i have no clue ,whats causing it

when i was clearing it went ok thou the step
then at last suppose to spin ,but it doesn't goes from 20 on credits to 21 on winning paid
and stay there you cant do anything ,
its weird

www.WESTFIELDSLOTS.com - Located in the Houston,Texas area  check out my Youtube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/brent2oo8?feature=mhum
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 10:12:28 PM »

To be clear on terminology on the S+ machines, the motherboard is the fixed board on the bottom of the machine that you typically wouldn't remove.  The MPU (Main Processor Unit) board is the removable board that holds the SP and SS chips, and is mounted in a removable metal tray with a black knob on it.

Check the wiring and the connectors that go between the coin-in assembly and the machine.  If there is a broken wire there, that could also cause the coin-in error.

Also, this:

Was this machine working and then something caused the error, or did you receive the machine in the condition it's in now?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Westfieldslots
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 10:24:57 PM »

receive the machine in the condition it's in now? yes .... i got it like this hoping it would be a Easy fix

Thanks for the idea's & help ... i'll go and check the wiring

JOE5981
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 10:01:40 PM »

talking about code 21 , i have a igt slat top  that i bought with no coin comparitor in it ,it has a code 21 showing  in window. can anyone tell me what coin comparitor goes in it ( numbers , volts and any other info i can use to get one ) Scratch Head

thanks for your help Help
Tilt
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 366

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 10:23:20 PM »

cc-16 24V.  Probably any of the vendors at the top of the page can supply you with one.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 04:29:55 AM »

Keep in mind that the comparator isn't going to cause or resolve a coin-in error (21) on an S+ -- your problem is with the optics, which are located below the coin comparator.

JOE5981
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 07:49:35 AM »

:3-thank you i will get optics unit  and comparator, and see what i get.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2011, 04:54:12 PM »

:3-thank you i will get optics unit  and comparator, and see what i get.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=10818.0

Joe Take a look at this thread. 

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
JOE5981
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2011, 06:40:53 PM »

i did the # 33  test and my diverter does work, where do i go from here ? thanks for the info
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2011, 06:49:40 PM »

Joe, I deleted your duplicate post in the other thread to avoid having multiple discussions about the same problem running parallel to one another.

StatFreak garfield
nlg  Global Moderator

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2011, 10:38:52 PM »

Joe  I put up the wrong link, try this one.  http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=10774.0

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.