Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:28:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT clear chips
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT clear chips  (Read 15294 times)
txrebel10
« on: January 10, 2011, 10:44:22 PM »

Got my IGT clear chips but instructions call for jumpers that my board dont have ? Got of ebay and seller says I have jumpers,good luck ?- I have a double diamond 97 model i believe, game chip says s plus ,,,I have the dreaded 61 code I cant shake, this is my home slot-just tryin to get runnin,,,I have enclosed a pic of my board

Any help would be much thanks,,,PS   went through the standard clear proccess.....................Ronnie

* pics 004.JPG (461.23 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 349 times.)
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 10:51:44 PM »

Interesting that your board does not have jumpers. But did the clear chip actually work? Your board may not need the jumpers. And are you properly trying to clear the 61? With the 61, open the door, and hold the self test in until the the display changes to 61_1 (and it should ding). Close the door all of the way including the latch and turn the reset key. That should clear it. If it does not, tell us exactly what is happening with the 61.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 10:52:43 PM »

See E12, E13, and E14?  That's where the jumpers would be -- it looks like your revision of the 10mhz board doesn't have them, and the eBay seller you bought them from is selling chips that are burned on the wrong size EPROM.  You're the second person recently who reported buying a clear chip off of eBay that had instructions to move the jumpers, something normally not needed.  Would you mind posting the name of the eBay seller you got the chip from so that others will know to avoid that seller?

For kicks, did you try using the clear chip anyway?  If not, go ahead and try it -- there's nothing to lose, and it can't cause any damage (just be sure to put the chip in the correct direction, noting where the notch in the chip is and the notch in the socket).

Worst case, try buying another clear chip from a reputable vendor (like any of the folks who have a sponsor ad at the top of this page) and you should be good to go.  Let us know, though, about what's happening when you try to clear the 61 error, as poppo just posted.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 10:58:55 PM by knagl » Logged

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
poppo

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 10:56:55 PM »

You're the second person recently who reporterd buying a clear chip off of eBay that had instructions to move the jumpers, something normally not needed.  

Well, that really depends on what size chips you 'normally' use.  Tongue Out

<edit> Never mind. I was thinking of the reel chip.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 11:12:32 PM by poppo » Logged
poppo

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 11:08:01 PM »

See E12, E13, and E14?  That's where the jumpers would be --

Actually I just looked at a 10Mhz and 16Mhz board and this seems to be some sort of 'hybrid' of the two. The 10Mhz jumpers are E15, E16, E17 & E18 and this one doesn't have them. This board is laid out like a 16Mhz board, but has a volume pot and dip switches.   Scratch Head
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 11:09:45 PM »

Clear chip should be burned to a 27c512 chip.  No moving of jumpers needed.

PS. I am not the seller  frying pan

Txrebel10...send me a private message or e-mail with your address and I will send you a  clear chip that will work. FREE!!
txrebel10
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 11:41:41 PM »

Seller was Dino69 with ebay,sad he wouldnt try to resolve-12.00   oh well,I have a 28 pin i believe-thought it might be a 2000 but they have to many pins,,Ive seen many of these on the boards[here] and if I can find resolve I will surely post for the others,I ve seen short the battery-and scrape the chip on metal,,,I dont believe these are the ways to resolve any problems and wont go that route,,,,would like to buy the CORRECT chip from our sponsers  ??,,,,PS  tryed anyway but nothing !!!There are no E's on my board
See E12, E13, and E14?  That's where the jumpers would be -- it looks like your revision of the 10mhz board doesn't have them, and the eBay seller you bought them from is selling chips that are burned on the wrong size EPROM.  You're the second person recently who reported buying a clear chip off of eBay that had instructions to move the jumpers, something normally not needed.  Would you mind posting the name of the eBay seller you got the chip from so that others will know to avoid that seller?

For kicks, did you try using the clear chip anyway?  If not, go ahead and try it -- there's nothing to lose, and it can't cause any damage (just be sure to put the chip in the correct direction, noting where the notch in the chip is and the notch in the socket).

Worst case, try buying another clear chip from a reputable vendor (like any of the folks who have a sponsor ad at the top of this page) and you should be good to go.  Let us know, though, about what's happening when you try to clear the 61 error, as poppo just posted.
poppo

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 11:47:17 PM »

....I dont believe these are the ways to resolve any problems and wont go that route,,,,would like to buy the CORRECT chip from our sponsers 

You really should not need a clear chip 99% of the time. You need to tell us step by step what is happening (what is displayed etc) as you try to clear the 61. There are multiple things that can cause the problem (like door optic, reset switch, etc.). Without knowing what is happening at each step, we can't help.
txrebel10
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 11:52:23 PM »

Can get to the 61-1,,close door-do reset and then just 61 comes up,,,this all started with dead batt
Interesting that your board does not have jumpers. But did the clear chip actually work? Your board may not need the jumpers. And are you properly trying to clear the 61? With the 61, open the door, and hold the self test in until the the display changes to 61_1 (and it should ding). Close the door all of the way including the latch and turn the reset key. That should clear it. If it does not, tell us exactly what is happening with the 61.
txrebel10
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 11:54:49 PM »

Replaced bat-got #12-reset-got 61-reset-got 61-1-closed door-key one time-then go's to 61,,,cant shake it guys
....I dont believe these are the ways to resolve any problems and wont go that route,,,,would like to buy the CORRECT chip from our sponsers 

You really should not need a clear chip 99% of the time. You need to tell us step by step what is happening (what is displayed etc) as you try to clear the 61. There are multiple things that can cause the problem (like door optic, reset switch, etc.). Without knowing what is happening at each step, we can't help.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 11:55:22 PM »

You have the dreaded [61-1] to [61] runaround.  bawling
The only way to get rid of it is to put a different SP chip in or use a Clear chip.  yes
txrebel10
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 12:01:48 AM »

Brother thats what Iam shootin fur !!!,,,,seen alot of peeps on the board with this prob,,,if I can get solve I will surely post to help all others---If I dont go bald from pullin my hair out first   lol
You have the dreaded [61-1] to [61] runaround.  bawling
The only way to get rid of it is to put a different SP chip in or use a Clear chip.  yes

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 12:02:33 AM »

There are no E's on my board

Unless my eyes deceive me, I think there are:

It's kind of a moot point, though.

I have bought a number of items from Jim at Blue Ridge Slots.  His profile with his contact info can be found by clicking here.  He'll be able to get you the correct clear chip.  txrebel, you are stuck in a 61 loop and will need the clear chip, so you're on the right track -- keep your hair in for now!  Smiley

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
txrebel10
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 12:04:12 AM »

10-4 bud,,,,,,thanks fur the lead !!!!!
There are no E's on my board

It's kind of a moot point, though.

I have bought a number of items from Jim at Blue Ridge Slots.  His profile with his contact info can be found by clicking here.  He'll be able to get you the correct clear chip.  txrebel, you are stuck in a 61 loop and will need the clear chip, so you're on the right track -- keep your hair in for now!  Smiley
poppo

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 12:29:29 AM »

The odd thing is those are jumpers you find on a 16Mhz board, and his has the volume pot and dip switches which would normally indicate a 10Mhz board.

Would a SET chip get it out of the loop since it also will generate a 61? Maybe temporarily changing the BV status or something?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 12:34:31 AM by poppo » Logged
James
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 04:54:38 AM »

That seller is selling reset chips thst are burned 27c256 chips that require you to move the jumpers,What you need are reset chips that are burned on to 27c512 you dont need to move any jumpers and yes there are igt boards out there that dont have jumpers because I have both kinds of igt boards 10mhz one with jumpers and without jumpers but ether way you need reset chips that are burned on 27c512 chips there are 2 sellers that I know of that sell the one's you can use selling on ebay manuals-r-us-2008 and slots-az cheap. frying pan
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 09:11:26 AM »

That seller is selling reset chips thst are burned 27c256 chips that require you to move the jumpers,What you need are reset chips that are burned on to 27c512 you dont need to move any jumpers and yes there are igt boards out there that dont have jumpers because I have both kinds of igt boards 10mhz one with jumpers and without jumpers but ether way you need reset chips that are burned on 27c512 chips there are 2 sellers that I know of that sell the one's you can use selling on ebay manuals-r-us-2008 and slots-az cheap. frying pan

Nice, buy off eBay cheap, then come here and ask for help, no wonder why guys with answer to problems don't post the fix, but people who contribute to this site and buy from supporting companies above usually have their games going right away, to the original poster with the 61-1 problem, if you would like the correct items to repair your game along with detailed instructions including what to do with other codes that may come up when doing this fix contact us, we have you covered

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 06:03:23 PM »

to the original poster with the 61-1 problem, if you would like the correct items to repair your game along with detailed instructions including what to do with other codes that may come up when doing this fix contact us, we have you covered

K+ to you, Jim, for your awesome products and service.  There's a reason why I recommended you in my previous post (reply #12).  yes

stormrider
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 131

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 06:33:46 PM »

You would think that seller which will go unnamed but not hard to figure out
would at least contribute to the site since he is a member here and seems to have made a good buck off all the ones he has sold.

Tim
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 06:41:36 PM by stormrider » Logged
poppo

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011, 07:03:08 PM »

..... and yes there are igt boards out there that dont have jumpers because I have both kinds of igt boards 10mhz one with jumpers and without jumpers but ether way you need reset chips that are burned on 27c512 chips ....

Interesting because I have never personally seen a 10Mhz board without the normal jumpers. I wonder just how common they are.

When I questioned the 16Mhz boards not having the jumpers, I was told that the board would 'auto detect' the size of the chip. So I wonder if it really makes a difference on this board especially since the original poster said:

"PS   went through the standard clear proccess....................."

Which makes it sound like the clear chip actually ran through the process and there may be something else wrong.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 07:27:03 PM »

Not hard at all -- it was said right here in this thread:

Seller was Dino69 with ebay,sad he wouldnt try to resolve-12.00

When I questioned the 16Mhz boards not having the jumpers, I was told that the board would 'auto detect' the size of the chip. So I wonder if it really makes a difference on this board especially since the original poster said:

"PS   went through the standard clear proccess....................."

Which makes it sound like the clear chip actually ran through the process and there may be something else wrong.

I read that as, "I went through the process of pressing and holding the test button, got a 61-1, closed the door, turned the key, and it reverted back to 61," especially in light of some later comments.  propeller

poppo

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 07:39:50 PM »

I read that as, "I went through the process of pressing and holding the test button, got a 61-1, closed the door, turned the key, and it reverted back to 61," especially in light of some later comments.  propeller

Yeah, I guess that may be what he meant. He needs to tell us what the clear chip actually did, if anything, so we are not going down the wrong path.
txrebel10
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2011, 12:19:32 AM »

Jim,
I bought from you ??  I bought off ebay about the same time I found the forum-so I get trashed from a ebay item and then get trashed from buying from the forum ??   Iam lost-and you where reffered to me by a member,,,Thats why I bought my chips from you

Nice, buy off eBay cheap, then come here and ask for help, no wonder why guys with answer to problems don't post the fix, but people who contribute to this site and buy from supporting companies above usually have their games going right away, to the original poster with the 61-1 problem, if you would like the correct items to repair your game along with detailed instructions including what to do with other codes that may come up when doing this fix contact us, we have you covered
txrebel10
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2011, 12:21:17 AM »

The chip did nothig when installed and tryed to run
txrebel10
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2011, 12:31:40 AM »

He's a member here?
would at least contribute to the site since he is a member here and seems to have made a good buck off all the ones he has sold.

Tim
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.