Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:32:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT S+ Double Blackjack Makeover... Token Only Sticker Replacement
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT S+ Double Blackjack Makeover... Token Only Sticker Replacement  (Read 6060 times)
j$hort
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: November 16, 2011, 03:03:21 PM »

Does anyone have good instruction on how to physically change token only stickers to coinage denomination or other? Tips on doing this and a good place for .25 cent replacements are greatly appreciated...

* IMG_5648.JPG (420.26 KB, 1536x864 - viewed 276 times.)

* IMG_5644.JPG (347.42 KB, 1536x864 - viewed 270 times.)
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 35

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 03:44:08 PM »

Our wonderful vendors on the main page should be able to help you find the signage that you are looking for.

http://rudysdeals.com typically has a little bit of everything so its a good place to look as well.

As for getting them off, a good razerblade is usually helpful in peeling off a sticker. Mine all have tape on the backs of them that stuck it to the glass so they were easy to remove.
j$hort

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 05:06:56 PM »

are they both accessible from the inside without having to remove any glass or anything? I am not with the machine and am curious...
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 05:32:56 PM »

On your machine, there's a long display panel that is secured with 3 nuts from under the edge opening.
You'll need to undo those nuts and pull up on the panel and let it hang over the back of the door panel.
From there you'll have much easier access to the denom insert sticker.

Make sure you don't drop the reel glass off the window opening or you'll be placing an ad
in the "Classifieds" section of NLG for a new reel glass.  Crazy
It shouldn't come out because the fluorescent light overhead bracket should hold it there but
sometimes the old sticker has some baked adhesive sticking the display panel to the glass
and pulls the glass right off the shelf onto your soft toes.
j$hort

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 05:35:13 PM »

Thank you that is helpful...are there any pictures around of this process???
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 05:37:01 PM »

Not that I know of....try to visualize it like going through a pre-shot golf routine.
Adam Scott of Australia for example - closes his eyes before every shot as he thinks of where he wants his ball to fly.
j$hort

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 05:44:34 PM »

If this process goes anything like my golf game...I'll be hitting out of the classifieds
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 06:12:35 PM »

If this process goes anything like my golf game...I'll be hitting out of the classifieds

rotflmao That's okay...we'll keep you in the Woods - like Tiger always is... bust gut laughing

I got antsy...haven't made a video clip in a while..lol
Here you go! >>>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iv4ElSlxhSQ&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/iv4ElSlxhSQ&rel=0</a>
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 07:06:12 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 09:20:17 PM »

Suggestion concerning the mounting studs and nuts.

I would finger tighten them all and only use a nut driver on the center and near the latch.
The one near the change/service player button is big pain to tighten unless you use small ratchet with socket or pliers.
Also hold the Display against the glass firmly so the glass is tight against the door, wont rattle or feel loose when you press on the glass from outside.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 09:28:26 PM by Foster » Logged

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
j$hort

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2011, 02:44:12 PM »

bunker, thanks for going thru the trouble of filming and posting that...it is very helpful. Looks like the token sticker will come right off so I probably do not have to remove the glass. I may want to change the theme at some point, so seeing the detail are helpful now and later. Much appreciated. I may be able to print my own .25 cent inserts and use them, maybe even customize...I am looking for a template if anyone has any.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 03:44:59 PM »

If you can print directly to plastics that would be good but there are numerous fleabay sales
and many of the vendors listed on the top of the NLG Home page have these inserts in stock.
The real ones with the correct font and plastic shine look so much better than anything most people can make.
Plus you really want the denom insert BEHIND the reel glass - not on the front of it.
Also, it's just plain better to buy from the vendors here to show our support for them.
They usually will have just about any part you could possibly want for your machine.
j$hort

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2011, 01:39:45 PM »

I was able to find a nice denomination insert and removed the token only vinyl decal and replaced with some blank black cover stock...see attached pics...so for some fun I am looking for some designs or pictures I can place in the right window where the token only decal was. I was thinking with the theme that a playing card could be placed in there. In any event, it might be a fun thing for everyone to post some ideas for what can be placed in there. Appears that a 3 x 4.5" area would work best...post your ideas/images....

* IMG_5776.JPG (1924.83 KB, 3072x1728 - viewed 282 times.)

* IMG_5777.JPG (1787.76 KB, 3072x1728 - viewed 251 times.)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2011, 02:14:03 PM »

In any event, it might be a fun thing for everyone to post some ideas for what can be placed in there. Appears that a 3 x 4.5" area would work best...post your ideas/images....

An LCD picture screen flipping pictures of jackpot combos, uh...pretty women
and well...it's endless what you could put there!  rotflmao
j$hort

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2011, 02:26:05 PM »

It sure is... I like the LCD idea...and one that size is relatively inexpensive. Pictures and images could be easily uploaded and changed at regular intervals... anyone have examples of something like this?
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2011, 06:08:05 PM »

I've seen a number of non-validator machines that have an insert designed by IGT that says, "GOOD LUCK!" with the IGT logo below those words used in that window of the reel glass.

Edited to add:

It's not that great of a picture, and this isn't one of the IGT inserts I mentioned, but here's an after-market idea for a "Good Luck!" insert:

« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 06:28:19 PM by knagl » Logged

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.