Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 12:21:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Strange Question Regarding Reel Plug Placement
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Strange Question Regarding Reel Plug Placement  (Read 7028 times)
5 ACES
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 16

« on: February 28, 2012, 09:06:50 PM »

Here is a weird question that I am sure someone can answer: I currently have the game "Haywire" running on my S+. The reel strips are all numbered the same regardless of what reel they are on. My friend asked me "What if you take the 2nd reel plug, plug it in the first reel and take the first reel plug and plug it in the second reel?" Would this cause the second reel to stop first, then the first and then the third and would it hurt anything to try it? It may actually kind of look cool if it would work that way, being a "Haywire" themed game!  rotflmao
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 09:12:43 PM »

shouldn't hurt anything.  the reel assemblies are all the same.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
poppo

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 09:20:30 PM »

As long as the strips are the same, it would just stop in a different order.
5 ACES

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 09:30:52 PM »

shouldn't hurt anything.  the reel assemblies are all the same.

Jim
As long as the strips are the same, it would just stop in a different order.

bust gut laughing Thanks guys, it works!! It's actually kind of neat to see the reels stop like that!!
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 01:49:21 AM »

That's cool!  Cool Thumbs-Up
Now why didn't I think of that?  Scratch Head 3 rotflmao
5 ACES

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 03:41:35 AM »

bust gut laughing It was strange at first getting use to it. Not only does it fit the game theme, it's actually kind of fun when you start playing it like that for awhile.  yes
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 11:16:06 PM »

So, in essence, the middle reel is stopping first, then the, the, the, ...  arrow

You know what? Make a video... bust gut laughing
poppo

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 11:34:28 PM »

I may try this on my Haywire Deluxe.
5 ACES

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 01:31:29 AM »

So, in essence, the middle reel is stopping first, then the, the, the, ...  arrow

You know what? Make a video... bust gut laughing

Done! It's uploading to Youtube as we speak. I'll post the link when it's finished!

Bear with me! We have a third world internet provider here where I live and upload speeds are horrible! bust gut laughing
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 01:39:46 AM by 5 ACES » Logged
5 ACES

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 01:37:44 AM »

I may try this on my Haywire Deluxe.

It definitely put's a little more fun back into an old game, at least for me. I hated putting this theme into my S+ because both chips have to be changed and I need to reset all of the settings into it again. Plus, it uses an older Game EPROM which slows it down from my other games. But since most of the Haywire themes are my favorite, I decided to give this little reel switch tweak a try and see what would happen. Give it a try! It's something that you don't get to see happen much on a slot machine! My next venture is to try and snatch me up a fully loaded S2000 Haywire themed machine sometime in the near future!
5 ACES

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 01:54:25 AM »

Here's the video of it.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/y_OSyrm_2-w&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/y_OSyrm_2-w&rel=0</a>
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 02:35:22 AM »

Love those old S+'s!  yummy yes
They were truly the last of the REAL slot machines!
Karma+ to you for putting up a great video clip of your baby!  applause
Heck! Kudo's plus to everyone on this thread too!  propeller

A note for S+ owners: grab a couple #86 lamp bulbs for your "Insert Coin" and "Coin Accepted" reel glass window displays.
It "dresses up" the machine nicer!  wave
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 02:41:02 AM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
5 ACES

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 02:50:31 AM »

Love those old S+'s!  yummy yes
They were truly the last of the REAL slot machines!
Karma+ to you for putting up a great video clip of your baby!  applause
Heck! Kudo's plus to everyone on this thread too!  propeller

A note for S+ owners: grab a couple #86 lamp bulbs for your "Insert Coin" and "Coin Accepted" reel glass window displays.
It "dresses up" the machine nicer!  wave

Thanks a bunch, stayouttadabunker! Much appreciated!! You're absolutely correct about the S+, those things are built like tanks and seldom ever need any service on them. It's a shame that things of today, aren't built like they were back then.

Talking about those #86 lamps; I need to put them back in there. I currently have those LED bulbs in there and they just don't look as good, not behind the "Insert Coin" or "Coin Accepted" windows anyway. The LED's look super nice on the buttons though and the different colored ones really attract attention!!
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2012, 03:06:28 PM »

After reading your new trick, I switched the reel plugs on our Haywire game and only my husband noticed!!   Scratch Head  I thought it was pretty cool...but hey, husband was impressed, he'd never thought about it!!! But, of course, I couldn't keep a secret (or take the credit) and ended up telling him where i read it 30 seconds later...  rotflmao 

-Roslyn
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 03:20:24 PM by CVslots » Logged

5 ACES

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2012, 06:01:58 PM »

After reading your new trick, I switched the reel plugs on our Haywire game and only my husband noticed!!   Scratch Head  I thought it was pretty cool...but hey, husband was impressed, he'd never thought about it!!! But, of course, I couldn't keep a secret (or take the credit) and ended up telling him where i read it 30 seconds later...  rotflmao 

-Roslyn

bust gut laughing That's cool! We left our's like that for about four days, then it started driving my Mom nut's, so I switched them back to normal.  knockout The only person who noticed was my Mom. Everybody else just thought it was supposed to spin that way because of the haywire theme.  bust gut laughing
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.