Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 12:48:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  S-Plus locking up AFTER getting past the 61-1
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S-Plus locking up AFTER getting past the 61-1  (Read 2593 times)
AnDaLe!
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 27

Trent

« on: February 27, 2013, 10:10:55 PM »

Hello NLG Board experts!!

I am new to the board, and also new to slot ownership.  I have read many of the helpful posts here, but have an issue that I could not find a resolution to.  I have a little experience dealing with pins and jukes, so I am kinda familiar with game guts.

Monday I picked up my first slot, an S-plus Double Double Diamond 2CM/3 reels/quarters. Born June 1994. Was actually wanting a 2000, but this was too clean and too cheap to pass on.   No telling how long it has been sitting, previous owner had no knowledge of operation or history.  Got a 12 code right off the bat, so just a little while ago I got the battery changed.  For anyone that might be searching here for an S-plus CMOS battery, and does not want to have to order one and wait, I picked one up today locally at batteries plus.  The battery is a 1/2 AA 3.6v lithium with leads (axial).  The leads make for a quick swap, so try to get one with either leads or pins. $6.99  --  FYI, the original was a SAFT 14250 (it was dated 93).

Cranked it up and got caught in the 61-1 loop.  Pulled and grounded the CMOS on metal (as suggested here).  Fired it up, got the 61, held the test button, got a chime and a 61-1.  Closed the door, hit the reset.  This is what happened  next:

1) The 61-1 cleared from the display.
2) The candle went dark.
3) The insert coin light and a 0 in the coins played took turns flashing.  Back and forth about 3 times, then both went dark.
4) A 61 appeared for just a flash and then was replaced by a steady 30.
5) Candle now dark on the bottom and flashing on the top.
6) No spin of the reels at any time.

I powered off several times.  Always wakes up to the 61, then I hit self test and get a chime and 61-1, close the door, hit reset, and the same as above happens every time.

A little more info.....My hopper appears to be non-functional.  Does nothing during self-test.  Also doubt the DBV is working correctly.  Lots of grinding going on.  Also, the red LED on the CC does not light up.  Not sure if it should or not.   Could these issues keep it from fully starting up?

This machine is at the least somewhat hacked, so possibly a eBay special.  The jackpot reset switch is there, but they have rewired it's function to a momentary push installed on the tracking panel.  I plan to find a keyed switch and put it back to original once I find one.  When I first saw the machine I was thinking this new switch was a credit button.  Smiley

I looked for a 30 tilt code, but there does not seem to be one, so I have no idea what the 30 represents.  It is the only thing in any of the displays.  I have clear and set chips on order from Rudy's, so have not tried that yet. 

Thanks in advance!

Still a NOOB, but just picked up my second machine, another S-Plus, DoubleDiamond 9" upright 2CM, 10mhz board.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 08:21:30 PM »

AnDale! That is the best ever detailed report I have EVER seen on New Life Games! Kudo's PLUS to ya!!  yes applause

You make it so easy for us to give you the correct answer!!

Okay, I need you to check a couple of wires...
1st off...see that the Test button has a yellow w/gray stripe wire and a a solid green wire running to it.
If so, then that is indeed THE Test button harness and see that it's correctly wired to the contact pins on the momentary switch itself.

2nd, check the Reset switch wires going to the player tracking panel. One should be a yellow w/black stripe and the other being the solid green ground wire.
If that is connecting to the two contact tabs on whatever switch they have in there (really should be a keyed tubular switch), then that switch should be okay.

Now that we know how your wires should be correctly hooked up to the switches, power off your machine and remove the MPU board from the machine.
Place in front of you and swap the Game Prom chip with your Clear chip.
Make sure the notch on the chip is pointing towards the bottom of the MPU where it connects to the motherboard on the floor of the machine.
Be careful here because sometimes new slot owners get a folded-under-the-chip-body-leg syndrome! lol
Re-install the MPU back into your machine and power up.
When powered up, hit the Test button once....you should hear a ding if the speakers are connected and the volume is turned up.
Watch the display on the deck and you'll see numbers moving rapidly....
when the numbers stop, power off the machine ad remove the MPU again.
Re-swap the Clear chip with your Game Prom chip.
Again, be careful to get all the eprom legs into the socket!

Power on your machine with the door open and post back.
Thanks for your excellent question about your machine!  yes
AnDaLe!
Contributing NLG Member

Trent

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 12:07:18 AM »

Thanks  stayouttadabunker!

My set of clear/set chips shipped today, so hopefully I will have them Monday or so and will be able to attempt the clear.  It will be a long weekend. Sad

I checked the wiring as you suggested and all is good.  While there, i found a really long green/blue wire bundled with the other four wires.  It was just kind of wadded up back there and is not connected to anything.  It does have a set of connectors on the end, but no wire coming out of the second connector.  It looks like maybe it is used as a cap.  Should this wire be connected to something?  It is so long that I am thinking maybe it was connected to something up in the tracking panel and now it is just capped off.

Just as soon as I get the clear done I will post back with the results.

Thanks again!

Still a NOOB, but just picked up my second machine, another S-Plus, DoubleDiamond 9" upright 2CM, 10mhz board.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 01:41:59 PM »

One of those "green/blue wires" goes to the door optics.
The other green/blue wire with the red connecter on that line is not needed - that's why it's bundled up with a plastic tie wrap.

I'll be around Monday to help you out with your Clearing of the [61] error loop.
If not, there are many other members that are quite knowledgeable about the S+ on here that will glad to give you a hand! yes
AnDaLe!
Contributing NLG Member

Trent

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 09:51:12 AM »

Got the clear chip in, followed the instructions that came with it, and BAM!!!!  I have a functioning slot machine!!!!  Eats and poops quarters just like it should (mostly eats).  Next step will be the set chip to try and get the DBA working.  It is a 145 so I doubt it will accept much IF it does work at all.  I have already hit some pretty big pays, 960 once and 480 twice.  I need to look up my pay %, but it must be high.  Already read on here somewhere on how to do it.  Wink

Thanks to bunker for the personal help and thanks to all the nlg members who have built up this invaluable source of information!

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 01:00:10 PM »

hey! Glad you got it going!
Your old DBV will only take old bills I'm afraid.
But I think there's a way to set it so that every dollar you put in it will give you a 100 credits.
You can use your slot as a dollar bill piggy bank!  yes
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.