Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:54:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Noob with a slot machine
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noob with a slot machine  (Read 6557 times)
amppdout
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: May 16, 2013, 06:26:38 AM »

Just picked up my first machine for our game room and I hope its not more than I can handle. Got it off eBay and I know it has issues that will need to be addressed. It's the IGT triple play and no I don't have it yet but the current owner says that it "isn't functioning right". Not sure what I should take away from that. I have good technical skills, built my own bar, MAME, etc. I figure at the very least I will need the eeprom for resetting it? Any thoughts? I will post pics as soon as I get it in and thanks for all the great info and making it available.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 09:16:43 AM »

Welcome to NLG wave When you get it and turn it on come back and post what it does or doesn't do with maybe a picture or two and we'll do what we can to help
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 499

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 11:55:23 AM »

Good possibility is that you will have a "12" error code on the machine which means that the 3.6v  battery soldered to the MPU board will need to be replaced. Like cowboy said, take a picture of the machine with the game turned on and that will help. Be careful with your slot though, they have a tendency to multiply. Congrats on your new machine!
amppdout

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 08:13:43 PM »

Thanks for the quick and numerous replies. I'll pay attention and get the pics up and hopefully there aren't too many advanced issues to deal with.
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 11:16:33 PM »

Pretty sure you have an S+ machine, if so, it's a workhorse and should be fairly easy to get back to functioning again.
amppdout

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 04:47:35 AM »

This is the picture from eBay if it helps with identification.

* $T2eC16ZHJI!E9qSO9fM3BRgs)KoDE!~~60_57.JPG (444.01 KB, 1200x1600 - viewed 434 times.)
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 04:58:56 AM »

Yep, that's an S+ that needs a new battery. You'll also need a programming chip if you want the BV to work after the change
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 05:07:53 AM »

your in luck! You have a dead battery on the main board (common problem) If you can desolder the old one off and resolder a new one on, it's a 3.6 v battery. You can also take the main board out of the machine (remove the hopper and look towards the back of the machine) There should be a black knob/handle on the middle of the board, lift it upwards to release it from where it connects to the bottom board inside the machine. Take that complete board with you to a Battery Source store or a Batteries Supplies Plus and they will match up the 3.6v battery that you need ( cost @ 5-8 dollars) and can remove the old one and install the new one on the board ( usually at no charge). Take it back home and install the board back into your machine, making sure it lines up with the grooves on each side and fits snugly back into the bottom board. Put the hopper back into the machine, making sure it lines up correctly too and fits snog into the connector in the back of the machine. ( DO ALL OF THIS WITH THE MACHINE POWERED DOWN) After both the main board and the hopper are installed correctly, turn your machine on, leaving the main door open. You should see a "61" show up in your display, if so then open the door up and press the small white test button one time on the inside muddle right area inside the machine, the "61" should change to a "61-1" if so then close your main door and make sure your door latch is all the way down. Turn your jackpot re set key on the outside right of your machine once clockwise, the machine should then re set, spin the reels one time and be ready to play. You will probably have to have a bill validator reset chip to establish your bill acceptor again, which can be bought from one of the many excellent vendors at the top of the page (it will come with instructions on how to re set it so that it will take paper money)

Sorry for the long explanation, but that will get you going in the right direction.
amppdout

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 05:17:39 AM »

Where is the best place to buy parts for this model?
amppdout

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2013, 12:50:13 AM »

Finally got my machine in and everything went like clockwork until ... coins keep locking up in the entryway of the top of the coin slot. Followed all instructions, new battery is in, reset the game chip but now I'm stuck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks.
erbs
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 66

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2013, 01:14:00 AM »

When you open the door and look at the coin comparator ( just below the coin entry) is there a sample quarter in the coin comparator? There needs to be a coin in there for it to accept coins. 

* cc.JPG (997.91 KB, 2592x1944 - viewed 331 times.)
amppdout

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2013, 01:18:15 AM »

There was not. I put one in. For some reason the quarters are not registering as credits though. Time to go back to step 1 and find out why.

Thanks for the quick reply!
amppdout

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2013, 02:43:34 PM »

For some reason the coin comparitor isn't recognizing any new quarters! Do I need to get a new one? Or how do I go about fixing this? I already found out my DBV is so out of date I can only use old cash on it. Hopefully not the same with the coins.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

-Kevin
Neonkiss

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2013, 11:05:10 PM »

First try adjusting the sensitivity on the coin compairator. There is a small pot through the hole where the decal show the curved arrow with the + and - sign.

If that doesn't work, look below the red connector with the orange wires and you will see a small white switch. Press it and see if the machine coins up once with each push. If it does coin up the optics are good.

Then pull the coin compairator from the 4 plastic clips that hold it to the frame. With the wires still attached to the compairator you can open the belly glass door and fish the compairator and wiring to the front of the machine. Close the door and be sure the sample coin in installed properly. The compairator LED should illuminate now with the door closed and latched. Hold the compairator in your hand and drop a quarter trough the top. Note what side the coin comes out the bottom. If it comes out the side where the wire harness connects that's the accept side and the compairator is working properly. If it comes out the other side that's the reject side that would return the coin to the tray.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 11:15:45 PM by Neonkiss » Logged

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2013, 01:47:24 AM »

If that doesn't work, look below the red connector with the orange wires machine. Close the door and be sure the sample coin in installed properly. The compairator LED should illuminate now with the door closed and latched. Hold the compairator in your hand and drop a quarter trough the top. Note what side the coin comes out the bottom. If it comes out the side where the wire harness connects that's the accept side and the compairator is working properly. If it comes out the other side that's the reject side that would return the coin to the tray.
First try adjusting the sensitivity on the coin compairator. There is a small pot through the hole where the decal show the curved arrow with the + and - sign

Then pull the coin compairator from the 4 plastic clips that hold it to the frame. With the wires still attached to the compairator you can open the belly glass door and fish the compairator and wiring to the front of the machine. Close the door and be sure the sample coin in installed properly. The compairator LED should illuminate now with the door closed and latched. Hold the compairator in your hand and drop a quarter trough the top. Note what side the coin comes out the bottom. If it comes out the side where the wire harness connects that's the accept side and the compairator is working properly. If it comes out the other side that's the reject side that would return the coin to the tray.

applause applause applause

amppdout

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2013, 07:43:08 PM »

Ok, it's recognizing 3 out of 4 quarters now. I adjusted the comparitor 1st, all the way CCW and a quarter turn CW. This did nothing. I checked the seating of the coin in the comparitor, seemed ok. Pulled the comparitor through the glass front as suggested and the coin is coming through the accept side. Except when it's not. Then it ends up either going straight to the hopper without registering a credit or rejected into the tray. More fine tuning? New comparitor? This is a CC16-D VAC R1, if that helps anyone.

Thanks,  Kevin
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 08:34:45 PM »

Is say your on the right track! Keep dropping quarters and adjusting! You'll get it!  applause applause

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.