Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:49:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  How to add an external bill validator to an S machine?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How to add an external bill validator to an S machine?  (Read 3389 times)
therockinelvis
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 99

« on: July 10, 2013, 06:23:39 PM »

I have an old "S" machine with no BVD. What is involved in installing an external BVD?
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 08:19:33 PM »

I couldn't really tell you. I just know there are sparks when you take one off!  rotflmao rotflmao

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 02:33:40 AM »

I have an old "S" machine with no BVD. What is involved in installing an external BVD?

You want to install underwear??

Okay, but seriously, I'm not sure that there were add-ons made for the "S" machines.  I know there was an external side-mount Dollar Bill Validator (DBV) unit made for the S+ (and PE+), but I don't know that it was compatible with the S.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
therockinelvis
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 99

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 07:46:21 AM »

I am not 100% sure it is an S. For years I thought it was, because of the board being on the left side instead of the back wall. I'll have to check the chips to find out. I think I read that S chips don't start with ss or sp. What is involved with adding a side dbv?
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 10:01:43 AM »

I am not 100% sure it is an S. For years I thought it was, because of the board being on the left side instead of the back wall. I'll have to check the chips to find out. I think I read that S chips don't start with ss or sp. What is involved with adding a side dbv?

CHECK OUT THE 4TH OF JULY RETRO PICS --

I JUST DID A COMPLETE EXAMPLE WITH PICTURES OF IDENTIFICATION OF A S-SERIES TO S+ SERIES -PERHAPS A MODERATOR WOULD OPEN UP A IGT  S-SERIES EDNTIFICATION TOPIC &  EARLY S+ SERIES TOPIC AND INSERT THE PICTURES I POSTED RIGHT DOWN TO THE SIDE MOUNT DBV
NOT ALL S-SERIES WERE WIRED FOR A DBV SO YOU MAY BE OUT OF LUCK . SOME EARLY S+ WERE NOT WIRED FOR DBV 1993-94 UP YES MOST ALL HAD THE IMBEDDED DBV IN DOOR .

MODIFIED TWICE : FOR ROZ @CV SLOTS THE PLASTIC PIECE THAT IS MISSING IN THE 4TH OF JULY RETRO PICTURES MAY OF BEEN YOUR PROBLEM ON THE S+ WITH SPARKS . COINS OVERSHOOT THE HOPPER AND LAND DIRECTLY ON TRANSFORMER .

I MODIFIED THIS POST ADDED THE LINK FOR THE PICTURES OF THE S-SERIES AND S+ SERIES AND INTERESTING THINGS PEOPLE DID NOT KNOW OF  PLAYER ATTRACTION IGT  DID IN INSTALLING A METAL DEFLECTOR FOR THE COIN OUT TO HIT AND RING LOUD BEFORE IT HIT THE COIN TRAY TO TING LOUD AGAIN . [/color]

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=24729.0

4th of July resto projects
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 10:33:30 AM by ROCKET » Logged

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 10:29:38 AM »

ITS A S+ IF MAIN BOARD IS ON LEFT SIDE OF DOOR . MADE FROM 1990--1993 ALTHOUGH IT COULD BE UP TO HALF YEARS  OR 89-1/2 TO 93-1/2

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 04:41:47 AM »

If the MPU board connects to the fixed motherboard by the whole tray assembly simply sliding into place and being removed by lifting up on the black knob and pulling the tray with the MPU board out, it's an S+.  If the MPU board has a bunch of molex connectors that must be connected/disconnected by hand to remove the board from the machine, it's an S (non-plus).  "S" machines use an "RS" chip which contains both the operating system and the reel stops on one chip.  S+ machines use a combination of a "SP" chip with the operating system, and a "SS" chip with the reel stop information on it.

To add a side-mount validator to a S+ or PE+ machine, you need the harness that comes with the side mount validator, and plug the connector on the loose end of the harness into the appropriate plug on the fixed motherboard in the machine.  You'll also need to connect a couple of other wires in that harness to the power supply block inside the machine to power the validator.  You can optionally connect the door switch wires to the main door optics, so when the validator box lid is removed, the machine sees the machine door as open.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.