Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:57:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT S+ 65-0
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT S+ 65-0  (Read 5555 times)
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« on: July 17, 2013, 01:21:21 PM »

Have a S+ cpu and can't get the 65-0 to clear - it IS the cpu not the mother board - changed the SP and SS proms - sockets and pins are good.  CLEAR - no effect - what else on the CPU?
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 01:51:51 PM »

Barry, I had one last week give a 65-0. My notes said "Replace EEPROM with a BLANK one"....Well, that seemed odd to me, so I switched my SP (don't ask me why, I just did) from 1311 to 731, and IT CLEARED!

I believe my notes were referring to the unlabeled EEPROM next to the SP. I dont remember ever having to replace one though?

-Roz

ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 02:29:18 PM »

when you get the 65-0 turn machine off --then turn back on it should get 61-1 then follow normal procedure
just give it a few monents etc to react .etc

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 02:55:07 PM »

65-0 yes -  61 yes - 61-1 yes - lock close door - turn key 65-0  that is why I said it won't clear.
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 04:00:56 PM »

65-0 yes -  61 yes - 61-1 yes - lock close door - turn key 65-0  that is why I said it won't clear.
BARRY TRY THIS ..
this is what i meant try this . im guessing your going fom a haywire game to reg game or visa visa maybe?
after a ram clear . you turn machine on you get maybe a 66--1 or 65-1 or 65-0 dont hit reset button just turn machine off .. then turn machine back on if it displays a 61-1 turn jackpot key once CLOSE DOOR .
for some reasion it takes longer than normal to set up . ??

if when first seting it up you hit test button get to 65-0 turn machine off again DONT HIT RE SET BUTTON any more CLOSE DOOR .
upon power up IT MAY SAY 61-1 DONT HIT WHITE BUTTON ANYMORE ---ONLY TURN JACK POT RE SET KEY ONCE IT SHOULD SET UP

WHAT SP ARE YOU USING AND SS ARE YOU USING ??CURIOUS

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 04:03:11 PM »

it IS the cpu not the mother board

Just curious, why do you say that?  According to the error list, 65-0 means that the EEPROM on the motherboard is shot.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
CVslots

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 04:08:43 PM »

According to the error list, 65-0 means that the EEPROM on the motherboard is shot.

Hmm... Scratch Head   My machine from last week is up and running with the same motherboard after the 65-0 was cleared.

ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 04:25:49 PM »

According to the error list, 65-0 means that the EEPROM on the motherboard is shot.

Hmm... Scratch Head   My machine from last week is up and running with the same motherboard after the 65-0 was cleared.

I SWITCHED 3 MACHINES LAST WEEK FROM REGULAR 10MG BOARD S+ GAMES FROM HAYWIRE SP779 -1019 for 16 mg board sorry     &EXCUSE ME SS4080 97 %  FOR HAYWIRE GO BAN + MONEY STORM >>>NOT SS 4X4X80 REEL<<< CHIP . TO A TYPE "0" GAME ON TWO GAMES AND A 4-COIN BUY A PAY TYPE 19 GAME . (MAG-7)

THE TWO I SAWPPED OUT FROM THE HAYWIRE AKA -- /MONEY STORM /HAYWIRE/GO BAN /TWO MACHINES  DID SAME THING BARRY IS TALKING ABOUT .. I TRIED THE SP1271 ON THE TYPE 19 & TYPE "0" GAMES IT SUPPORTS  . I T WORKED LIKE A CHARM AS ALWAYS --THE TWO OTHERS I ENDED UP USING A --SP #731 CHIP AFTER THE SAME RESULTS BARRY HAD THAT WORKED FINE .

KNOWING THE 1271 SUPPORTED THE OTHER GAME TYPE "0" I WENT BACK INTO MY NOTES AND I HAD WRITTEN IF 66-1-65-1--65-0 APPEAR TURN MACHINE OFF --TURN BACK ON IT SHOULD READ 61-1 -JUST TURN JACK POT KEY ONCE DOOR CLOSED IT WOULD SET UP IT DID ..THAT WAS USING THE SP1271 THAT WAS FOR A MAJESTIC SEVENS 3-COIN BUY A PAY TYPE 0 GAME ..
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 05:33:21 PM by ROCKET » Logged

ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 05:04:36 PM »

SO I AGREE WITH ROZ . I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM I REVISED THE REEL CHIP NUMBERS I TYPED IN QUICK
BUT FROM GOING FROM WHAT WAS WORKING FINE MAIN BOARD AND MOTHER BOARD

LETS USE COMMON SENSE HERE GUYS & GALS ?? ITS HOTTER THAN HELL OUTSIDE I KNOW IN MASS. IT IS
BARRY IS NORTH OF ME .. 5 DEG COOLER LOL
BUT SAME REACTIONS I HAD AS BARRY POSTED TODAY I HAD HAPPEN LASt WEEK .ROZ SAID SAME THING HAPPENED AND PUT IN A SP731 AS I DID IN ONE SWITCH OVER .

I HAD SWAPPED HAYWIRE MACHINES TO TYPE "0" MACHINES WITH A RAM CLEAR AS I ALWAYS DO .
JUST FOR SAKE OF AREGUMEMENT AND CLEAN OUT OLD HISTORY .

IT WENT TO 66-1HIT BUTTON WENT TO 65-1-HIT BUTTON WENT TO 65-0 I CLOSED DOOR --WAITED THEN A 61-1 APPEARED I TURNED RE SET KEY -WAITED A GOOD MINUTE . MACHINE SET UP FINE .

HAVING NO INFO ON THE MAJESTIC 7'S AT FIRST I GUESSED WOULD BE A TYPE 19 GAME BECAUSE OF BUY A PAY . IT WAS NOT IT WAS ONLY A 3-COIN BUY A PAY SO IT WAS TYPE 0 PUT IN 1271 SAME DARN THING .. SO I WENT TO SP731 AND IT WORKED FINE .

THE MAG-7 4 COIN BUY A PAY I USED THE SP1271 SET UP PERFECT AS ALWAYS ..
SO I AGREE WITH ROZ .. SHE AGREES WITH ME ??

IM CURIOS WHAT CHIPS YOUR USING FOR SP & SS AND WHAT GAME .. PLUS I RUN A RAM CLEAR TWICE
ONLY FROM OLD HABBITS .. CLEAR OUT MORE IF IT DID NOT THE FIRST TIME ROUND

Rocket
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 05:11:35 PM by ROCKET » Logged

CVslots

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 06:00:29 PM »

But what is this actually doing to the board? Is it the same as a Clear? We've heard about using widely different SP chip combos to clear a machine in place of a Clear chip (like a 1271 and a 731), so is that what is clearing the error? If so, why didn't a Clear work for Barry's error?

I had "Replace EEPROM with a blank one", which i thought meant the one beside the SP on the MPU, but knagl indicated his info had it as the EEPROM on the motherboard, so now I'm not sure?  Scratch Head  What I'm still not getting is if the EEPROM that the error is linked to is NOT changed, how is the error clearing? There are separate error codes for the Game and Reel EEPROMs that should have been displayed if SS or SP chips were the culprit, so I can't see how swapping the SP would/could do anything at all to clear a 65-0....but I know it works, which doesn't make sense. One thing I love about S+ machines (and other platforms as well) is the logic, and this "fix" is just NOT logical!!

Roz

FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 07:13:28 PM »

thanks for all the updates - the cpu has an issue - no matter what chip I use SP or CLear or SET - 65-0.  It is NOT the mother board !!!!!!  other cpus work fine - just not reading the game socket. 
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 07:28:44 PM »

We still don't know what SP Chip he is Installing ? + what SS Chip he is installing giving the 65-0. If I was to make a guess the way IGT Words there trouble shooting + repair is they are not Compatible. Since Barry has yet to mention what SP HE IS USING WITH WHAT SS. I HAVE YEARS AGO GOT THAT MESSAGE WHEN USING A SP CHIP NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE SS CHIP. BUT BARRY IS NO BEGINNER.  UNLESS SAID CHIP ARE MARKED INCORRECTLY ? TO answer what you said Roz installing the "chip" is installing the SP Or Ss combination to get aquired game to register.  He may of ram cleared it a few times. But if you keep putting chips in backwards or corrupt chips could also give his so called stuck problem.  Follow what I am saying as a IGT answer ? Lol

Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2013, 07:45:09 PM »

Barry,   did you check the jumpers in and around those chips,  set up for 256/ 528 chips??

shot in the dark.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2013, 07:59:13 PM »

just pull a board out of a working machine and toss it in your unknown one . that will tell you write off if chips are corrrupt or not comapitable . if it sets up .
hey i admit today i still put chips in backwards on certain days . as i said today is 100 plus where we are ..easy mistake by even a vetran slot tech ..

FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2013, 08:10:53 PM »

didn't see any jumpers on the board.
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2013, 08:15:41 PM »

But what is this actually doing to the board? Is it the same as a Clear? We've heard about using widely different SP chip combos to clear a machine in place of a Clear chip (like a 1271 and a 731), so is that what is clearing the error? If so, why didn't a Clear work for Barry's error?

I RESPECTFULLY DISAGREE WITH YOUR ABOVE POST . I NEVER HAVE HEARD OF USING A DIFFERENT SP CHIP TO RAM CLEAR A MACHINE
PUTTING IN A SP 1271 OR SP 731 OR SP 1131 OR SP903 IS JUST CHANGING THE SP CHIP . THAT IS ALL THAT OFFER DIFFERENT OPTIONS TO DIFF GAMES . A RAM CLEAR CHIP IS A CHIP THAT HAS BEEN UPGRADED SEVERAL X'S SINCE THE EARLY DAYS .
ON THE SAME LINES AS THE DBV ENABLE CHIP HAS BEEN UPGRADED SEVERAL X'S . THATS ALL THEY DO .
IF I MISREAD YOUR POST WRONG I AM SORRY . BUT THATS WHAT I AM READING ??

NEVER HEARD OF A 1271 AS A CLEAR CHIP OR SP 731 AS A CLEAR CHIP .
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 08:21:48 PM by ROCKET » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.