Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:18:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  how to reset an IGT flat top with no key but with a reset button.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: how to reset an IGT flat top with no key but with a reset button.  (Read 6174 times)
TenPercenter
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: July 20, 2013, 05:14:04 PM »

I bought a candy bars IGT slot machine from a local Restaurant that was going out of business. it is setup to use tokens. I hit the second jackpot for 640 coins, and it is making a repeating sound and blinking.  if I can attach a video I'll show you.

The guy that sold it to me that I do not need a reset key because it has a dedicated reset button inside next to the power on/off toggle. see attached photos.

I have tried all combinations of holding down the white reset button while turning machine on et cetera. does anyone have any guidance on how to reset my jackpot without a key and without sticking wires through the side of the machine?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 06:06:46 PM by TenPercenter » Logged
TenPercenter

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 05:22:58 PM »

Here are some more identifying photos if you need them. (Sorry having trouble with getting my images and video uploaded)

I can't seem to get images uploaded, is it allowed to post links to them?

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Byj-FEcrk6jhQnlZYWdHSkFib00/edit?usp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Byj-FEcrk6jhMDdpVGVxOFRFWlk/edit?usp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Byj-FEcrk6jhZDQ1VGVPcHZvNk0/edit?usp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Byj-FEcrk6jhR2xvNEZpdkJQYWs/edit?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 06:10:51 PM by TenPercenter » Logged
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 05:52:19 PM »

Ideally, you would key off the win using the Jackpot key, the little brass key (should be a lock on the handle side of the cabinet). This is COMPLETELY different from the white reset button inside!

Until you get a key, you have no choice but to touch the wires together to key off wins. If there's a lock in place, leave it in place, and just look inside the cabinet and you'll see the 2 wires coming from the Jackpot key switch. The locks are universal for S+ machines, so it's not like you have to have a specific key to work with your lock.

Here's what you will need to buy:

http://www.centralvalleyslots.com/igt-jackpot-reset-key.html

TenPercenter

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 06:13:10 PM »

CVSlots:  THanks.  If I am hearing you right, the guy was pulling my leg about being able to reset jackpots using that white button in this photo?
CVslots

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 06:51:22 PM »

I'm afraid so...

And just so you know, the white button gets you into the Menu (to make changes to settings, etc.). Now that you have pushed it, you are most likely in the Menu. You must flip through ALL the pages to the end now. When you shut the door, you'll see some odd numbers on the display. Open the door and, while watching the display, keep pushing the white button to advance through the Menu to the end. When you get to the last page, the display will go blank for 2-3 seconds, then the amount of the Jackpot you hit will appear again. THEN, you will need to pull the 2 spade connectors off the lock and touch the 2 wires together (to simulate the key) to resume normal game play.

Oh, and no worries, the wires are low voltage and won't shock you. Just stick a pair of needle nose pliers in them to jump them (one prong of needle nose in each little plug), or you can use a paper clip or anything metal really.

Nice pic of the reset button AND the 2 Jackpot switch wires!

Neonkiss

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 07:12:22 PM »

Roz,
Correct me IF I'm wrong, but to key off the credits he will have to have the door closed.

Remove the lock and push the wires through the hole to the outside of the cabinet. Then close the door and after the machine resets use the paper clip or needle nose pliers to short out the lock switch wires. Then the machine will clear the handpay amount.

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
CVslots

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 08:09:42 PM »

Yes, door will have to be closed... Duh! Duh! frying pan frying pan

I was just testing you guys to see who was paying attention!  rotflmao rotflmao

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 09:03:19 AM »

The guy that sold it to me that I do not need a reset key because it has a dedicated reset button inside next to the power on/off toggle. see attached photos.

The guy who sold it to you is clueless.

As Roz said, you'll need to get a Jackpot Reset key.  The keyswitch where the key goes is located on the outside of the machine on the right side, roughly above where the pull handle is.

You have an IGT "S+" model machine -- I've moved this thread to the S+ section.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.