Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:55:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  My new Slot Machine: How to handle the Self-Test Mode
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My new Slot Machine: How to handle the Self-Test Mode  (Read 9243 times)
Higgins
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: July 22, 2013, 11:33:10 AM »

Hello together,

i just bought an old 3 Reel IGT Slot Machine. I'm pretty new to this stuff so I hope you guys can help me out a little bit. First of all I wonder which specific Slot Machine I got. Its an IGT and it has written Barcrest on a label in side, maybe you guys can help me out and tell me which one i got (See Pictures in the attachment).

The bigger problem for me is handling the self-test mode. It has some kind of manual >"Enhanced Slot Series Operational Specification of Dutch Platform"<. But when i enable the Self-Test mode my putting in a key on the side of the slot machine and turning it, it seems that the written Stuff in the Manual didn't apply to the machine. However - I just want to Set the reels to "Slow Spin" and deactivate "Auto-Spin". Also the Bill Acceptor somehow has the wrong values for the Bills. It gives 20 Credits for 5 Euro while 1 Coin is 0,50 Cents.

I would be very glad if you guys could help me out with some advice - the IGT Service only applies to Gambling companies Sad

Thank you very much!

* 20130721_003631.jpg (354.99 KB, 768x1024 - viewed 465 times.)

* 20130721_211054.jpg (310.58 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 400 times.)
Higgins

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 02:50:19 PM »

UPDATE:

So it seems, the buttons are not working the way they should - but only in Self-Test mode. All buttons are working right when you are playing, but in Self-Testmode only Spin Wheels and Play Max are working. According to the "Manual" the Spin Wheels button should change the values but at the moment its changing the menu pages...

Is anyone familiar to this problem or has a guess what this could be related to?
dale
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 60

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 03:22:14 PM »

This is an IGT S+ Barcrest. You must of ZERO credits on the machine to access all the pages on the menu and make changes.......
Higgins

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 05:10:46 PM »

Hello,

thx, for your answer. The Credits are to Zero. The Machine also "crashes" if i press the Spin Wheels button on Page 4 of the Self-Testmode, i then have to turn off/on the Power to get it working again. When i press the Button on Page 1 the wheels are spinning and the machine returns to game mode...

These reactions seem kind a strange to me - is it possible that some cables are not connected in the inside of the machine? When i got the machine there has been an unconnected cable next to the Coin Counter (see attachment). I connected it today - which makes the counter and the block release of the handle work. So maybe there are more unconnected or wrong connected cables ?!?!

Could there be any reason why the cable was unconnected?

* 2013-07-21 21.08.21.jpg (288.13 KB, 768x1024 - viewed 423 times.)
Higgins

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 05:37:49 PM »

So here are some Pictures of the opend machine:

* 20130722_213031.jpg (352.71 KB, 768x1024 - viewed 706 times.)

* 20130722_213042.jpg (358.41 KB, 768x1024 - viewed 349 times.)
Higgins

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 05:38:38 PM »

These guys arent connected to anything - what could the unconnected switch be for and how can i connect it?

* 20130722_213210.jpg (323.43 KB, 768x1024 - viewed 402 times.)

* 20130722_213416.jpg (301.16 KB, 768x1024 - viewed 684 times.)
Higgins

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 12:58:33 PM »

Problem solved by myself  /close
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 01:08:03 PM »

Problem solved by myself  /close

For the benefit of someone who may come across this in the future, would you mind posting what you did to solve your issue?

Interesting game -- I've never seen that Barcrest "Payback" title before, and it doesn't appear to have a S+ MPU board in the bottom of the machine.  propeller  Is the gameplay similar to Top Dollar?

Also, as I'm sure you figured out, the Self Test button is typically located next to the power switch -- the keyswitch on the side of the machine is the Jackpot Reset keyswitch.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Higgins

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 03:01:35 PM »

The problem was, that I thought the Reset Switch would be the Self-Test switch. The actual Self-Test Switch was behind the Power Switch Smiley

I'm sorry I cant tell you about compaired gameplay cause i don't know any other machines Cheesy The board is an MPU5 and located at the rear wall of the machine - looks quite modern... Let me know if you want any more pictures.

The Payback game is like: If you hit the payback symbol on the 3rd wheel with 3 coins bet you get 3 offers by the machine which are shown on the top glass. You may accept an offer at any time you can also decline and offer which gives you another offer until you get the final (3rd) offer.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 03:09:25 PM by Higgins » Logged
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 04:17:39 AM »

The problem was, that I thought the Reset Switch would be the Self-Test switch. The actual Self-Test Switch was behind the Power Switch Smiley

I'm sorry I cant tell you about compaired gameplay cause i don't know any other machines ...

The Payback game is like: If you hit the payback symbol on the 3rd wheel with 3 coins bet you get 3 offers by the machine which are shown on the top glass. You may accept an offer at any time you can also decline and offer which gives you another offer until you get the final (3rd) offer.

Sounds very similar.  Top Dollar gives you up to 4 offers instead of 3.  Here's the S2000 version of the Top Dollar bonus:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Kl_-kEkwzE&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/2Kl_-kEkwzE&rel=0</a>

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.