Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:50:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  New 3100 error that I can't clear
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New 3100 error that I can't clear  (Read 2749 times)
angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 147

« on: August 06, 2013, 06:46:56 PM »

Hey guys, I literally just got my Empire King off of the loading dock.  It's an IGT S Plus, with a top box bonus game made by AC Slots.  Worked fine when the seller shipped it, when I plug it in I'm getting "5555" in the winner paid window.  I'm familiar with most S plus error codes, but not this one.  Any ideas what it might be?  Googled it and came up empty.  If it matters, I can also hear a very faint tune playing in the background... not loud enough to be part of the game music (attract sounds work, so I know it's not a speaker issue).  There was no sample coin when I got it, but I popped one in, but still get 5555 error.  Pressing the white button on the coin comparator does not rack up any credits, and the jackpot reset key and white test button don't clear the error either (technically there is no white test button, it's a separate key next to the jackpot reset key, but keyed both and neither clear the error).  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.  Here's a pic if it helps any

EDIT:  A clear solved the 5555 issue, but cause a 3100-1 error that I cannot get to clear, even with trying a second known working hopper, so it can't be optics, coin jam or brakes.  Can't get it to clear.  grrrrr.... lol.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 09:51:27 PM by angryninjas » Logged
angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 09:54:04 PM »

I'm getting a 3100 error message (alternating between 3100 and 1) on an Empire king machine.  I've tried the hopper that came with it, as well as a hopper from another one of my machines, that is known to be fine (works perfect in my other S Plus).  Code doesn't clear.  I went to the self test on the hopper and it dispenses 10 coins as it should, so no coin jam, and because I've tried 2 hoppers, eliminates optics or brakes.  If I use a clear chip, the error clears, until I put the hopper back in.  I've double checked all connectors, and everything seems fine.  Any ideas what it could be?  I had to clear the machine when it arrived, because I was getting an error code 5555, which seemed to be motherboard related, but the clear fixed it.  If I use a clear chip, then turn on the game without a hopper, I can rack up 3 credits using the coin comparator white button and it works fine.  Once I put the hopper in, I can't get rid of the 3100-1 error,  Sad  Is there something I'm overlooking?
uniman
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 09:39:36 PM »

I see you finally got the Empire slot and it's giving you fits! Hope someone chimes in and helps you out. I know nothing about IGT S+ machines and then throw in the AC coin topbox and I'm totally lost!
Very cool machine!!

angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 09:46:51 PM »

Thanks.  Actually solved it this morning... Turned out to be bad door optics, so it wasnt seeing the door closed, therefor not clearing the error.  Did an optic bypass until I can buy another set if optics, cleared right up.  The funny thing is the optics would work if right up against each other, but not facing each other.  One had to be facing 90 degrees the other direction, and touching the other.  Very strange.

Yeah, been looking for empire king for literally over a decade, lol.  AC slots sold their entire warehouse to an NLG member, and I begged and pleaded enough to get one, lol.  Only one small issue now, which is AC topper related.  When the monkey is supposed to climb, you can hear the motor trying, but doesn't move.  If you open the top box and manually move the gears and belt while the motor is trying, it moves a little, but not in its own. but turn much easier than if the motor is off.  Seller is sending me out a new motor, which should resolve it.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.