Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:56:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT WIld Cherry S+ click sound when each reel stop and handle pull ?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT WIld Cherry S+ click sound when each reel stop and handle pull ?  (Read 3234 times)
rainman
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 10

« on: August 12, 2013, 08:30:23 PM »

Hi I'm new to the IGT S+,  I have a 1993 Wild Cherry, After each reel stops I hear a click sound (possibly relay),  but not all the time... the game is playing fine no errors etc...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ray
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 02:10:44 AM by rainman » Logged
genebopp
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 08:42:14 PM »

There is a solenoid next to the pull arm mechanism that can make a click noise when the reels stop.  You can turn the noise on and off, but it your case it sounds like the noise is turned on, but the solenoid doesnt always make the noise.  Sounds like your solenoid is sticking.  If you play for a till the noise stops, tap the side of the cabinet near the handle base.  I bet you hear a click with a gentile tap.  I am sure it is the wrong thing to do, but I sprayed my solenoid with wd-40.  It make the noise every time now.
rainman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 10:34:59 PM »

Thanks for the info, where do you turn it off and on at ?

Another question when I pull the handle it does work but doesn't offer really any resistance and from what saw on YouTube should it make a ratcheting  sound when pulled?

Ray
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 02:10:11 AM by rainman » Logged
genebopp
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 09:34:32 AM »

The little white button near the power switch gets you into some options menus. I cut and pasted 2 paragraphs from the PSR1271 (i think that the right one for wild cherry)  It is kinda confusing to change options.   if you google psr1271 I am sure you will find it. 

SELF TEST MODE
The numbers enclosed in < > represent the self test page number, [ ] represent the option number, and { } represent the setting.  During a tilt condition or while credits are accumulated, only the bill acceptor tilt mode can be modified.
The self test mode consists of three groups.  General instructions for setting options within groups are provided below.  Specific instructions are provided where applicable.

Reel-Spin Sound <0> [2]   Options are reel-spin tones and reel-stop sounds {0} or reel-spin tones only {1}.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 12:08:00 PM »

I cut and pasted 2 paragraphs from the PSR1271 (i think that the right one for wild cherry)

Hang on.   ttth

Sure, a SP1271 chip would work with a Wild Cherry game, but there are a ton of other SP chips that also work with Wild Cherry, a Type 0 game.  Let's find out what chip Ray has in his machine first so we can give him instructions that are specific to that chip, rather than having him go in and potentially change a setting that he's not intending to change.  Some SP chips that would be compatible with his game would use the DIP switches to make that change.

Ray: please follow the directions on this page to determine your SS and SP chip numbers, and reply to this thread with that information.  We can then give you further guidance on how to enable or disable the solenoid clicking.  Keep in mind that the solenoid clicking is tied to the reel spin music option.  If you have the reel spin music enabled, the solenoid clicks.  If you disable the music, then the solenoid won't click (but the machine won't play its reel spin tones, either).

Another question when I pull the handle it does work but doesn't offer really any resistance and from what saw on YouTube should it make a ratcheting  sound when pulled?

Yes, there should be a ratcheting noise and feel with a slight amount of resistance when you pull the handle.  If there isn't on your machine, you may need to perform a repair or replace some parts in the handle mechanism to get that sound/feel back.  There are threads that have been previously posted about how to remove the handle on an S+ machine. 

The "search" button () at the top of the page should help you in finding those threads should you be interested in taking on that task.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
rainman
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 07:03:07 PM »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the good input!   I ran the process and got winner=3663 and credit=0731. I followed the link and looked it up and it shows Wild Cherry (121A) (type0) SS3663 ...it's a 3 coin multiplier not a 2 coin, as the pay glass shows Scratch Head  That explains when I press "play 2 credits" it plays 3. The payout seems to be correct based on the play glass on the web page.

Looking forward to learn some more good stuff!

Thanks
Ray
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.