Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 04:08:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Help - Convert Red/White/Blue Game to freeplay
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help - Convert Red/White/Blue Game to freeplay  (Read 9886 times)
diy_helper
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: August 13, 2013, 08:46:05 PM »

Hi,
I'm volunteering to help a senior care home with one of their entertainment machines. They have an IGT Red/White/Blue slot machine that uses tokens. Unfortunately, their seniors are often forgetful and leave with the tokens. They can never keep the tokens in the game room. They want to convert their machine so that it can play and produce noise but not need or payout tokens. I am wondering if this is possible. I've searched the forums but am still unsure if this is possible with this machine or if it would be a difficult conversion.
I include a photo of the front of the machine for identification purposes. Thank you in advance for any help. The seniors will appreciate it if we can get it converted! applause

* IMG_2062.jpg (211.52 KB, 537x719 - viewed 315 times.)
mah
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 29

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 10:32:07 PM »

NLG Welcome NLG Welcome

The device below from Rudy's is relatively easy to install.

http://rudysdeals.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2260&search=Free+play

This will eliminate the need to use tokens however, some settings will need to be changed to disable the token payout.

Where are you located?  Perhaps someone here is close by and can assist you.

cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 11:31:55 PM »

Except that is an S+ model and it doesn't work on those machines. I don't believe there is a device for those machines, but you could always load it up with credits through the bill validator and then place something to block the opening to prevent illegal play. Would still require some settings changes to make it convenient to do and you can unplug the cash out button to prevent machine lock ups. There are lots of alternatives depending on what you're willing to do
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 01:22:26 AM by cowboygames » Logged
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 12:27:49 AM »

This got me thinking.  You can play the S+ without coins when the door is open and use the coin-optic button to test.  You could wire the coin-optic button to the bet one button in the player panel, disable the door optics so the machine thinks it's always open and play it that way?  Am I missing something?  Since it doesn't ever pay, you don't have to worry about cash outs or tokens?

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 12:32:14 AM »

There was a few topics for a S+ coin simulator on here at one time

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
diy_helper

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 12:39:44 AM »

This got me thinking.  You can play the S+ without coins when the door is open and use the coin-optic button to test.  You could wire the coin-optic button to the bet one button in the player panel, disable the door optics so the machine thinks it's always open and play it that way?  Am I missing something?  Since it doesn't ever pay, you don't have to worry about cash outs or tokens?

This sounds like the quick and dirty type of solution they were hoping for! Could you point me to some diagrams or pictures that would help me identify the parts you mentioned? In particular, what is the coin-optic button? I think I can guess which is the bet one button and I think I can probably figure out how to disable the door optics (do I just unplug something near the door opening?) But whatever specific instructions you could provide would help a lot! I appreciate all the expertise and willingness to help out on this forum! Thank you!
rickhunter

I Void Warranties

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 12:58:02 AM »

Ok, just tested on my machine.  When playing with the door open, it does accumulate credits when you win.  And if you hit cash/credit when you have credits accumulated after wins, it will pay out of the hopper.  So here's what will probably work.

1.  Disconnect the cash/credit button.
2.  Connect the coin-optic test button to the cash/credit button.
3.  un-plug the door optic, so the machine thinks the door is always open.

note the the cash/credit button switch assembly has two pairs of connectors.  One is for the light, the second is the contact switch, make sure you connect the contact switch pair and not the other way around, otherwise, it won't work.

If done right, when there are no credits in the machine, you should be able to hit the cash/credit button to simulate inserting coins, the machine will only accept up to a max bet.  If a winning combination hits, they will start to accumulate credits and then they can just hit the max bet button.  I don't know what would happen if they get to a situation where the credit limit is reached, typically on a normal machine, it would pay excess credits from hopper.  Although there was at one point of another a plug that you would use instead of the hopper and the machine thinks it's paying out coins, but it's not, but I don't know if you can still buy that.

That should do the trick.  In the following two pictures, the first one is of the coin-optic, you can see the white button under the harness, this is where you need to tap in.  The second photo shows the location where you can disconnect the door optic.

* coinoptictest.jpg (165.73 KB, 800x728 - viewed 387 times.)

* dooroptic.jpg (267.39 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 353 times.)

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
diy_helper

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 01:11:00 AM »

Awesome, thank you!

I'm assuming when you say "tap in", you mean solder in a couple of wires so that pushing the cash/credit button actually activates the coin-optic test button? I think I can do that. I will give it a try and let you know how it goes. Thanks again!
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 01:20:43 AM »

So an S+ is pretty much fully functional with the door open Scratch Head
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 01:54:55 AM »

Wow....we are thinking outside the box now guys! Good job! Where's bunker when we need him?!?!?!?

rickhunter

I Void Warranties

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2013, 02:24:02 AM »

So an S+ is pretty much fully functional with the door open Scratch Head
Yes except there's no accounting kept.  Also if you have credits on the machine, when you open the door and play it as above, when you close the door, the credits remain intact.  So there's no writing to eeprom or cmos.  So with the above modification, if there are credits on the machine when it's powered off, the credits go away.

modessitt
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 12:32:07 PM »

Awesome, thank you!

I'm assuming when you say "tap in", you mean solder in a couple of wires so that pushing the cash/credit button actually activates the coin-optic test button? I think I can do that. I will give it a try and let you know how it goes. Thanks again!

Actually  you  want  to  connect  it  to  the Bet 1 Credit  button.

I  did  this  for  some  guys a  couple  years  ago  and  talked  about  how I  did  here  somewhere...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.