Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:35:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT S+ can't get 61 error to 61-1
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT S+ can't get 61 error to 61-1  (Read 4420 times)
Ronald J
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: September 01, 2013, 01:28:59 AM »

Pulling my hair out! I have a S+ IGT Red White & Blue. Turned it on one day and it would not accept coins.. Didn't have time to research, turned it off and left it. several months later turned it back on and same problem...after much research, removed the processor board and found the battery had leaked down to the motherboard, corroded the 3 180 ohm resistors and the 3.9 ohm resistor. Got everything repaired with new battery in place.....got the 61 error code, can't get the 61-1 to come up at all, candle is blinking white slow, blue fast....any suggestions. Thanks, Ron
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 02:05:26 PM »

Just to be sure....you should be:

61 - Press white reset button inside machine for 2-3 seconds (typically you will hear a Ding) or until 61 turns to 61-1
61-1 - Turn Jackpot key on outside of machine ONCE

Machine "should" pause for a few moments, then reels should spin. Display will now show be blank with Insert Coins lit. If there are other errors, then they would be displayed at this time as well.

Just don't turn the key with a 61 showing....as it will only lead to more problems.  yes

Ronald J

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 04:09:04 PM »

I think I have reached the "other problems" point. Sometimes the 1st reel spins backwards, sometimes I get a 41 code, turn key and hit bet 1 and the reels spin...but sometime they just move to the next 7 or bar then the 41 comes back up. When I turn the machine off and then on, the 61 comes back up. I can't seem to get the 61-1 to ever come up...just 61. Also, it will not accept coins, they just fall straight through, even with the green light on. the candle continues to flash white slow and blue fast?"@#!&%*$#@ beats me!
CVslots

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 05:34:11 PM »

It sounds like your board may be to toast...sorry to say...but what do you mean exactly when you say "Got everything repaired with a new battery in place"? Did someone replace components on your board? Take a look at U14 on your board and inspect for any damage as well, as that is known to throw a 61 that will not clear.

Repairing a board is not always straightforward....it's more like a labor of love.  rotflmao

slots4home
Slots 4 Home
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 352

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 07:43:10 PM »

I would agree with Paul, I had the same problem and it was a burnt optic
It would be a good thing to check out.
Darell

CVslots

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 09:53:38 PM »

Whoa, you threw me off Darell! this post is like 2 years old and I couldn't figure out who Paul was!

I hate to throw parts at a machine, but in this situation, I would recommend trying a different board. If the game operated properly before, then sat and a battery corroded and dripped, with noticeably damaged components...

I'm curious as to when it was acting strangely, one reel spinning (backward), the 41 error, etc
 Was this after the battery change and before the 61?

Ronald J

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 12:41:48 AM »

I just had the 4 resistors replaced and a new battery soldered in. I can get a new processor board and a new motherboard, is there anything I need to do other that swap the chips, and which ones do I swap.
Thanks for your help.
Ron
www.baycountyflorida.com
Ronald J

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 12:44:08 AM »

Where exactly is the U14 located on the board.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 01:00:11 AM »

I split this off the 2009 thread since it's a different person with a different machine (here's a link to the old thread, if anyone wants it).

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
CVslots

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2013, 01:18:50 AM »

Where exactly is the U14 located on the board.

Heck, now you're asking HARD questions!  rotflmao

Did you get any components repaired on the board or just the battery????

As to the location, just follow the U chip numbers either horizontally or vertically on the board....I don't recall exactly (could you tell)...going off notes by (much more experienced than I) others!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.