Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 02:52:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  S+ Slant Top giving extra coin.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S+ Slant Top giving extra coin.  (Read 3519 times)
mwade109
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 56

« on: September 05, 2013, 01:03:39 PM »

Hey, my s+ slant top keeps getting a 3100 error.  When I open and close the top it clears it out until I either:
1. Put in a dollar and it gives me 5 coins every time.
2. Play until I win then it will give out one extra coin then back to the 3100 error.

Help!

-mike
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 02:26:43 PM »

EDIT: I don't have a clue. .
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 04:11:01 PM by CVslots » Logged

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 02:33:50 PM »

My money is on the hopper brake.   

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 02:38:09 PM »

But does it sound like he has 2 separate issues to you? The credits per bill and the extra coin?

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 03:17:53 PM »

Nope I don't think so, I'm not sure on this but can a S+ be programmed for .20 cent denom ??? I don't think so.  Hopper pays out and the brake isn't working, pin wheel rotates a little extra and a extra coin falls out.  Brake stuck or spring off/broken.

The main question you have to ask is why is the hopper paying out 4/5 coins when a dollar is put into the BV.  I think the ans. to that one is he needs the PSR for his SP chip. That or press the BET ONE button befere play.   ( I think that's the one )

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 03:23:36 PM »

I interpret that he is putting in a dollar, the hopper pays out the dollar (as in a change machine), then he plays with quarters and when he wins, the machine pays out an extra coin.  I agree with Buzz, sounds like a hopper brake, and when the extra coin is let out, it errors out the 3100.  So in essence he is not playing using credits.  I bet if he plays in credit mode, he won't have the issue unless he cashes out.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 03:59:23 PM »

I interpret that he is putting in a dollar, the hopper pays out the dollar (as in a change machine) and also pays out an extra quarter -- 5 instead of 4 for the dollar, then he plays with quarters and when he wins, the machine pays out an extra coin.  I agree with Buzz, sounds like a hopper brake, and when the extra coin is let out, it errors out the 3100.  So in essence he is not playing using credits.  I bet if he plays in credit mode, he won't have the issue unless he cashes out.

I agree with what you wrote plus the part in red that I added -- hopper brake, one issue appearing a couple of different ways -- once when he puts a dollar in since his settings have bills getting paid out of the hopper (like a change machine), rather than bills to credit, and then a second time when he wins and it pays out in coins.

mwade109: Use the "Search" button near the top of the screen to search for Hopper Brake -- you'll find some good threads with pictures and information on what to look for on your hopper to fix the issue.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
mwade109
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 56

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 06:06:07 PM »

My money is on the hopper brake.   
Bravo Buzz.... as soon as I saw your post I looked at the spring on the hopper brake and it was off on one side.  Put it back in and not a $1.00 bill = 4 quarters again and one single cherry now = 2 quarters again..... thank you... life if good again!  I just love it when it is something simple.
Thanks
mike
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.