Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:21:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  True or False: ALL IGT S+ machines use a 24V coin comparator?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: True or False: ALL IGT S+ machines use a 24V coin comparator?  (Read 4115 times)
jasonmichael
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 22

« on: October 11, 2013, 09:52:58 PM »

I've heard varying things and I don't want to  lightning bolt bake  lightning bolt any comparators/boards.

Is it true that ALL IGT S+ machines have a 24V comparator and that ALL S2000 machines have a 13 V Comparator?  And, if not, is there some relatively easy way to determine which is which when you're changing comparator sizes amongst machines?

Thanks!

Jason
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 11:08:55 PM by jasonmichael » Logged
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 10:58:04 PM »

True

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
jasonmichael
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 11:01:08 PM »

Well that was easy - thanks Rick!
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 11:32:00 PM »

Jason What Rick said is true, A 24V will have two Gray wires going to the rake solenoid. 13V, those wires are Green,  But I'm pretty sure some 12V have Green wires. If there isn't a tag, I don't know how to tell the difference in a 12 and a 13.  ( If it smokes it was the wrong one )

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 11:45:01 PM »

Would one volt really make that big of a difference? Thirteen in a twenty four circuit you could smoke it, but the plugs wouldn't match anyway so you'd have a really hard time doing it. Seems like someone did mention one time that with the right pigtail a 24v could be used in an S2000, or it might have been the other way around. I can't remember for sure now
PEGASUS
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 2

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 12:10:43 AM »

Well,  All I know is be carefull!!--A topper was- Burning Resistor'ed here today.  Damn shame that thing was prob. good.  Folks as stated get the correct equipment and be sure unless you have some spares to experiment on.  I have Fried and BURNT many things over the years out of haste and stupedity.  Just a shade smarter now--- propeller.
jasonmichael
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 12:35:32 AM »

All good stuff--thanks everyone! 
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 04:48:44 AM »

I dunno where to be here, as ours are either "gray" or "green"....never had one smoke, but maybe it was just dumb, stupid luck....

rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2013, 12:49:42 PM »

Ross, I am told that sometimes the part that is attached to the colored wires is swapped out by shop techs in order to quickly fix the comparator by using a donor comparator of the wrong voltage.  I also have S+ comparitors with grey wires and some with green wires.  What I have not tried, is taking one with grey wires and take a 13 volt comparitor and switch out the part to test.  I don't want to take the chance of blowing a good working part.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.