Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 03:25:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Wild Cherry Slot Machine - Will not cash out
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wild Cherry Slot Machine - Will not cash out  (Read 7180 times)
cdaughtrey
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: October 12, 2013, 01:06:56 AM »

Hi, I'm new to the site.  I took my machine in to have it looked at. The tech (Paul) looked at the machine, replaced the CMOS chip and it seemed to run correctly. A week later I had 300 credits on the machine and my son hit the cash out button without having enough coins to complete the pay out. After filling the bin a few times the machine stopped working. It has a solid white light, blinking yellow light, flashes 245 then 6 then 245 again etc.  I have hit the reset button several times, removed the hopper to see if coin was jammed in it. Released the brake and checked the motor to see if there were anything blocking the coin payout system. No joy. I'm hoping that some hear has the same machine and has seen this problem before. 
Thanks in advance.
Chris
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 01:30:57 AM »

Ok, couple of situations that could be occurring here...

The 245...where is that displaying? That could be how much was "WON" or how much was paid....BIG difference in diagnosis.

Hopper - Is the motor running or not?

Let us know!  wave

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 09:30:52 AM »

I have hit the reset button several times

Stop doing that.  The self test button in the machine won't fix the issue, and the jackpot reset key on the side of the machine won't, either.

The solid white light in the candle is the change/service light.  Press the Change or Service button on the far left side to turn that off.  The blinking yellow light is telling you that either the door is open or that the door was open and is now closed.

Since we're not there to see what it's doing, you're going to need to give us a lot of detail as to what the machine is doing and not doing.  What window is flashing 245 / 6 ?  Is there a win of six credits on the reels right now (perhaps 1 Wild Cherry symbol on or within one stop of the payline)?

What exactly happens when you close and latch the door.  Do the displays go blank for a few seconds?  Does the machine try to turn the hopper but no coins come out?

Is the Insert Coin light on?  Have you tried dropping in a coin to see if it'll play?  It's quite possible that the display is telling you that it just paid out 245 coins, and that the last win was 6 coins, and that it's now waiting to be played again and that there's no error at all.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
cdaughtrey

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 10:42:04 AM »

Hi, okay. No pushing buttons when not needed.  The yellow light is flashing. On the right side under the "Play 3 coins" it has "Winner Paid" it flashes 245 and then flashes 6 over and over again. I do not hear the motor spinning the change around in the hopper. I have checked by pulling the change dispenser/hopper out and ensuring no quarters are stuck under the blade.

When I shut the door the display does go blank for several seconds.  The three wheels whirl and then the machine gives you the 245 and 6. The "Coins Played" has 3 in it and yes there is a Wild Cherry in the window of the three wheels. So I can assume that this means the 6 in the flashing numbers of 245 and 6.

I was told earlier that I needed more quarters in the machine. I currently have about $10 in it now.  I'm not sure that will fix the problem though.  

When I put a quarter in the slot machine it drops straight through and falls into the tray below and nothing registers as being no coins played.
cdaughtrey

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 10:46:39 AM »

In my early years I would have went to the back of the machine and tried looking at the fuses. Would this help? I do see tree in the rear of the machine.
My thought is that the motor to the change dispenser/hopper is not getting any power. 
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 10:53:45 AM by cdaughtrey » Logged
thegambler327
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 109

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 01:52:19 PM »

The 245/6 is what everyone else said last win was 6 and a total cashout of 245.is the top white light solid or flashing? If its not flashing then the machine has paid out in full and there should be no errors.i would check coin comparitor and wires going to it. Does the machine have a bill accepter? If so try that as well
cdaughtrey

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 08:29:45 PM »

Hi, wires look good and no bills, just 1 - 3 coins.  this problem started when we didn't have enough coins in the dispenser/hopper when my son hit the cash/credit payout button.  just the flashing yellow light with the 245 & 6 flashing.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 09:05:54 PM »

I think they are trying to tell you, you have NO errors. Drop a coin in the coin head and see if the machine excepts it.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2013, 09:10:43 PM »

I think they are trying to tell you, you have NO errors. Drop a coin in the coin head and see if the machine excepts it.

When I put a quarter in the slot machine it drops straight through and falls into the tray below and nothing registers as being no coins played.

Check to make sure that the sample coin in the comparator is a good coin (not excessively dirty, etc.) and is seated properly in there.

Also, try adjusting the sensitivity so that it is less likely to reject coins.  See this post for instructions on how to do that.

You do not need to add more quarters to your machine -- I don't think there are any errors on it right now.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
cdaughtrey

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2013, 11:27:51 PM »

I adjusted the sensitivity and put another coin in. I still get the same indications when I put a quarter in the slot machine it drops straight through and falls into the tray below and nothing registers as being no coins played.
cdaughtrey

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2013, 05:43:43 PM »

Hi,

If you are familiar to this type of machine I would appreciate any and all help.  I have requested Paul (tech) who replaced the CMOS chip to get the machine running again to send me another chip.  He had taken this one off of his old machine and got mine to work properly. Now I have the same indications as before. So I’m thinking the chip went bad or something made the CMOS go bad again.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 05:55:56 PM by cdaughtrey » Logged
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2013, 06:20:52 PM »

Do you have an error code displayed in the window this time? Or how aout just telling us WHAT is displayed right now. Then we can determine if it is a software problem, or a hardware problem.

If your chip was replaced, then it is VERY unlikely it "blew". Chips do not really do that. Plus, if the machine is demonstrating same symptoms as before the new chip was installed, chances are, the chip is not the root of the problem.

There are dozens of members who are knowledgable on this machine. I know it is fristrating, but if you can give us the info we ask for, and FOLLOW instructions (you won't believe the number of people who cannot follow instructions), we can get you back up and playing in no time.

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2013, 01:14:40 PM »

Try blocking the rake on the coin comparator with a small piece of cardboard to prevent it from rejecting coins.  Once you do that, coins will be forced to fall through to the hopper.  If you then get credit when inserting coins, the problem is likely in your comparator.  Note, this is not a permanent fix as the machine will accept ANY coin inserted, even if it isn't a quarter.  Putting anything other than quarters in your machine can cause problems when the hopper tries to run to pay out coins.

cdaughtrey

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2013, 03:58:20 PM »

I currently have a blinking yellow light, 6666 & 7025 displayed where it says paid out.  When dropping a coin into the machine it goes straight through.  The tech I was working with – Paul removed the CMOS chip and set it aside for a few minutes and replaced in back onto the circuit board. Paul did remove a small sliver of paper in the coin dispenser/hopper. Paul told me that when I put it back into the machine and turned it on it would read 61 1, which it did. He had me press the self-test button once and using the key on the right side off the machine for the reset.  So that is where I’m currently at. But it has the blinking yellow light, 6666 & 7025 displayed where it says paid out.  Not sure what other programing to do with it. I do not have a manual for it either.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2013, 04:24:21 PM »

Power off the machine and power it back on leaving the door open
and MAKE A NOTE of what numbers are being displayed on the reel glass panel.

Then close the door and tell us if the numbers change at all.

We will be able to help if you take it one step at a time.

Don't go hitting test buttons or turning reset keys...we'll be watching... Sherlock Smiley
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2013, 05:48:11 PM »

sounds as if you are in the book keeping mode??  close the door and latch the door shut!    now  turn the reset key one turn at a time, the numbers on the display should change,as well as the number in the coins played window, this number should increase with each turn of the key switch. when you get to number 7 in the coins played window,the next turn should get you back to the play mode, if not keep turning the key switch until number 12, the next should be play mode.  when you get there it should display the 245/6 digits.  when you get back to that point, open the door, underneath the coin comp is a small circuit board, there is a plug on the left side of the board, directly underneath that plug is a small white push button, push this one time, it should put a credit on the machine, you should be able to pull the handle and the game should operate. 

let us know when you get back to the play mode and results of this test.

hope this helps

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
cdaughtrey

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2013, 12:31:09 PM »

Thanks Jim.  I'll let you know what happens.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.