Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 10:44:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  help, i have a red white and blue
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: help, i have a red white and blue  (Read 5842 times)
annette2yan
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« on: October 19, 2013, 02:33:16 AM »

Hi all, I have 3 IGT slots, i got 2 working sorta, the jcm is wonky, in the double diamond, these machines are s+ and they are slant top, the big sit down ones, i finally got the hopper to stop spitting out the quarters if you win and to put credits up, so my jcm is not working but it will work in the gold mountain, so......what do i do?

The gold mountain is doing great except the jcm takes forever to accept dollars, wont take new money and i'm getting frustrated with it.

Now for the red, white and blue its a mess, i think it was stolen and broken into but it only cost 125, i cleaned everthing, plugged in lots of wires, fixed the coin comparetor, turned it on and the only thing that came on was the lights lol, so it really needs help so if you guys could help me in what to check OH and the card where credits, winner paid coins played its black like its not even plugged in, but it is :-)  whew like i said i need help

Thanks  Help
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 02:52:24 AM »

Ok...lets start by breaking them down and getting the, goin one by one....MUCH less confusion that way. Lts start with machine #1...

We don't really care what game is in it, but tell us what it's doing....or not doing....

annette2yan

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 03:03:52 AM »

Hi
annette2yan

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 03:07:38 AM »

Ok bill validator in double diamond, i fixed hopper so it dont spit out coins on win, it now puts credits on machine, no light on face but is a little green light where bill enters, i do have 2 chips on is ram clear and other is for bill validators but i need walk thru to see if that helps, i do know i need a newer version,
annette2yan

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 03:08:50 AM »

It only accepts one dollars that are older
annette2yan

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 03:12:25 AM »

Ok thanks guys, its after midnight and i've messed with them all day i will check back in the morn,

Thanks in advance
thegambler327
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 109

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 03:15:46 AM »

You probably have a older model bill accepter that wont accept newer bills.please let us know what model #bill is on the accepter.
annette2yan

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 12:26:55 PM »

Yep, the model #DBV 45-SS-6031 thats all that i can see on them, it is an AC117V 60Hz 24VA, by JCM, by any chance do you guys have a manual that i can dowmload, this way i can tear it down, clean it, i think this will help and save me minutes loading the dollars lol,
annette2yan

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2013, 12:29:37 PM »

Oh yea, and the bills get stuck about every other bill, and one time will accept the bill and the next time reject it, whats up with that lol, picky bill validator
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2013, 01:04:09 PM »

It only accepts one dollars that are older

With your DBV-145, it won't accept much in the way of newer currency at all.  If you have any "old style" $5, $10, $20, or $100, those should work, too.  You could consider upgrading your validator to a DBV-200 to accept some newer currency.  You may need a newer power supply for the validator, too, if the current power supply is the kind with no vents (slots) in it.  The newer (vented) power supply is required for the DBV-200.

Not to jump around too much, but as far as your machine where you get lights but nothing on the display, the problem is likely the power connector that goes between the fixed motherboard mounted on the back wall of your slant top machine in the bottom, and the power supply.  See this post for more information on how to fix the problem (and note that even though it's an upright machine pictured in that post, the problem and solution are the same).

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
annette2yan

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2013, 01:06:13 PM »

Well i did find a new bdv model 200 for 25 dollars, yeah lol so i have 2 machines now that will be working at optimization once i get new bill validators cool cool cool, so now on to the problem child, the red, white and blue,

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2013, 01:08:45 PM »

now on to the problem child, the red, white and blue,

Check out the link I provided in Reply #9 (above) -- that should get you on your way to bringing the machine back to life.  Remember to always have the power OFF when working on the machine -- this is vital if you're removing or inserting the MPU board (located in the metal tray in the lower left bottom of the machine).  If you remove or insert that board when the power is on, you will likely cause permanent damage to the machine.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
annette2yan

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2013, 01:23:39 PM »

Thanks knagl, i will have to crawl in the machine and take a better look, i really didnt inspect that closely but i will, i did find that the door sensor is gone but wires are still there, makes me wonder bout thisnpoor machine and the abuse its been thru for just a few quarters, no keys i had to drill thru door lock to open door to even get inside, there is also a blue wire that looks to have been cut but i dont know where to begin to search for its other half,

Do you knowif the door sensor top part has wires, the bottom next to lock has a red and green wires that go to somewhere, im getting a new one but, dang the parts are racking up and may take a while to get,

But for sure will be looking at mpu and motherboard power connectors and look closley and see if any are burnt or missing lol since i have 2 that are working, belive it or not that helps tremendous
annette2yan

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2013, 01:26:53 PM »

Oh wow, so i didnt do it, but what if those idiots pulled out the mpu with it on, im not ths smartest person but duh its a mini computor
annette2yan

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2013, 01:54:58 PM »

Thanks everybody
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.