Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 05:41:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT battery replacement on 16mhz board
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT battery replacement on 16mhz board  (Read 4802 times)
rockstar
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: October 30, 2013, 11:52:28 PM »

I replaced my battery on my S-plus slot machine that has a 16mhz board not knowing that setting are different from a 10mhz board so now I can't figure out how to reset the setting back the way they were meaning now my slot machine is acting like a change machine so when ever I win or put bills into the bill validator it just cashes out in stead of going back into the slot machine as credits can anyone explain how I can put it back the way it was so I can play it and have fun with it again??
rockstar

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 11:53:18 PM »

I replaced my battery on my S-plus slot machine that has a 16mhz board not knowing that setting are different from a 10mhz board so now I can't figure out how to reset the setting back the way they were meaning now my slot machine is acting like a change machine so when ever I win or put bills into the bill validator it just cashes out in stead of going back into the slot machine as credits can anyone explain how I can put it back the way it was so I can play it and have fun with it again??
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 12:46:28 AM »

You can push the credit/cash button so that it lights up before you put your bills and the machine will play in credit mode.  OR, you can, with no credits on the machine, open door, push white reset button so that a [2  x] shows up (it should be 3 presses, but it could be 2), then turn reset key until  [5  0]  (or could be [5   1]) shows up on the winner paid window, then change the option to [5  2] by pressing the spin reels button and it will default to credit mode, then hit the reset button at least once to save the setting and then close door.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
rockstar

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 01:13:49 PM »

That only works on 10mhz boards the 16mkz boards are different I have 3 slot machines with 10mhz boards and thats the way it works to set them back up.
And yes I can push the cash and credit button and it lights up but make no differance it still cashes out I am not dummy they are totaly different I may not beable to spell but I know 10mhz like the back of my hand 16mhz are different in the way they are setup??
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 01:39:39 PM »

10mhz and 16mhz boards would be different in the fact they do use different SP chips, but not any other huge differences. We use them interchangeably and have never changed anything but the SP.

No one was calling you a "dummy"...we're nice people here! We get people of all skill level on here struggling with machines. We dont know if you've even looked inside a machine before or worked on S+ machines for 25 years. No insult was intended with rickhunters post, I can assure you of that.

Maybe tell us what SP you have on your 16mhz board and we can see if we can find a PSR for it, if it isn't already on here already. Then you can see the settings and where they are located in the menus.

rockstar

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 01:59:50 PM »

Oh I know you did not call me a dummy I don't know why I said that no disrespect toward anybody here I am not near the slot machine so I can say what sp chip it has later this afternoon I will have that info maybe sooner I have some 16mhz sp eprom in my collection so which ones do you know of that may have that programed onto it so I can see if I have it in my collection??
rockstar

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 02:01:25 PM »

Miss spelled I mean I can't say what sp chip is installed in the machine
MikeCamp
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 34

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 02:24:29 PM »

I'm not a SPlus person but I had one similar to this and I think my problem was the limits were set to low so any money in, came right back out.  Been several years ago and I've slept since then so I don't remember the particulars but I do remember the symptoms.

Good luck with it,
Mike
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2013, 03:10:43 PM »

Once you're able to tell us what SP chip you have in the machine, we can point you in the direction of the documentation for it so you can get your machine set up the way you want it.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
rickhunter

I Void Warranties

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2013, 03:41:32 PM »

Here's a link to SP1272 for a 16mhz board, the option number is the same as in the 10 Mhz boards Group 2 page 0 option 5.  It is right after the volume control setting.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile&id=4027

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
rockstar

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2013, 12:03:00 PM »

I was able to figure it out by replacing the sp eproms with ones I already had the sp1145 work by pushing the inside button till I got to the 2.1 and turning the reset key until I got to the 5.1 changed to a 5.2 it did not have a 5.3 setting which would made the cash/credit flash like it did before but thats ok its working now as it should.
Everybody thanks for all your help I learned a lot more about 16mhz boards that will help me in the future with repairs.
 Sorry guys I pulled out that sp eprom and erased it I did think to write down that sp# before I pull it and erased it I considered it garbage so I just erased it and did not think to write down the number because there was not lable on it when I removed it and I had already pulled it out of the slot machine before checking it.
 I have another question about a 10mhz eprom the sp1160 its the same way after you change the battery your slot machine turns into a change machine do you do the same thing to get your slot machine working correctly by pushing the inside button to 2.1 and turning the reset to 5.1 I don't have it installed but I have had issues with using this type before.
rickhunter

I Void Warranties

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2013, 06:38:07 PM »

same thing, but you don't have the volume setting which is between those two settings on a 16mhz board.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.