Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:54:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT Double Diamond Battery replacement
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT Double Diamond Battery replacement  (Read 5878 times)
aupdike
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: November 27, 2013, 05:11:22 PM »

Hi all, I'm a newbie (idiot) haha.

I've had this IGT Double Diamond for about 4yrs and worked perfectly.  I've had it unplugged for about 9 months while I was building my game room.  Now that it's plugged in, I get error 12, which from what I googled, is the battery needs to be replaced.  After digging in it, I just can't seem to find where this is.  I didn't want to tear it apart to hunt for it -- possibly breaking it more than it already is.  Is it inside the metal housing behind the coin hopper?  I assume that all can be unplugged and brought out the front of the unit?  Also, does anyone know where I can buy a replacement battery?  (assuming it's something special)

Thanks for your help!
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 05:21:49 PM »

The battery is located on the MPU board, which is inside a metal housing with a black knob handle. Pull up and out and the MPU tray comes out of the machine. Battery is in the corner. They are 3.6v Lithium batteries. If you can solder, you can install it yourself. If not, you can probably find a store near you that will do it for you (like Batteries Plus). If you'd like to order one, we have them available as well.

http://www.centralvalleyslots.com/slot-machine-battery--36v-lithium-for-bally-and-i36.html

aupdike

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 05:26:35 PM »

Thanks a bunch!
Dave

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 07:47:28 PM »

You may also need a ram clear chip if you replace the battery and get a 61 code. You can purchase this from just about any online slot machine sales company or even on E-Bay. If you have a bill validator you will need  a set chip for that also. They sell on E-Bay for about 13.00 for both and come with instructions. I installed a battery yesterday on an s plus machine and reset the Ram memory with a chip. Worked great. Good luck.
CVslots

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 10:47:28 PM »

You may also need a ram clear chip if you replace the battery and get a 61 code. You can purchase this from just about any online slot machine sales company or even on E-Bay. If you have a bill validator you will need  a set chip for that also. They sell on E-Bay for about 13.00 for both and come with instructions. I installed a battery yesterday on an s plus machine and reset the Ram memory with a chip. Worked great. Good luck.

Whoa....I've never had to clear an S+ after a battery change (RARELY, like almost NEVER, have to use a Clear on an S+ at all, but never after just a battery change). When/If you get a 61, just push the white reset button. The 61 will change to a 61-1, then turn the Jackpot rest key and you'll be good to go. Make sure to push button FIRST and JP key SECOND!!!! Very important, as turning the key first will cause problems (61 loop). 

You will need a Set chip to re-enable your bill validator (if the machine has one). If you need one, please try our vendors here (their banner ads are on the home page) first before buying from a stranger off eBay.

Neonkiss

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 11:48:04 PM »

You will need a Set chip to re-enable your bill validator (if the machine has one). If you need one, please try our vendors here (their banner ads are on the home page) first before buying from a stranger off eBay.

Agree with Post Agree with Post Agree with Post Agree with Post  Agree with Post Agree with Post Agree with Post Agree with Post

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 12:12:41 AM »

Hi all, I'm a newbie (idiot) haha.

I've had this IGT Double Diamond for about 4yrs and worked perfectly.  I've had it unplugged for about 9 months while I was building my game room.  Now that it's plugged in, I get error 12, which from what I googled, is the battery needs to be replaced.  After digging in it, I just can't seem to find where this is.  I didn't want to tear it apart to hunt for it -- possibly breaking it more than it already is.  Is it inside the metal housing behind the coin hopper?  I assume that all can be unplugged and brought out the front of the unit?  Also, does anyone know where I can buy a replacement battery?  (assuming it's something special)

Thanks for your help!

I think someone better figure out if this is a S or a S+  Scratch Head Scratch Head 

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
CVslots

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2013, 02:16:33 AM »

Buzz is right (man, that hurt to say that), do you know if you have a S or S+ machine? If it has a bill validator, then it is an S+ for sure (they were made with and without bill Validators). If it doesn't have a bill validator, and you're unsure of what model you have, just post a pic.  yes

aupdike

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2013, 01:05:41 PM »

Hi all, I really REALLY appreciate the help and advice.  I did already buy the battery from one of the vendors here....maybe get it next Monday or so.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Pics of my machine are attached and hopefully they're good enough to tell which one it is.

* 20131128_085425.jpg (1302.53 KB, 2448x3264 - viewed 274 times.)

* 20131128_085455.jpg (890.94 KB, 2448x3264 - viewed 207 times.)
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2013, 01:15:48 PM »

You have a 16" upright IGT S+ slot.

I've moved this thread to the S+ section.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2013, 02:54:11 PM »

You have a 16" upright IGT S+ slot.

I've moved this thread to the S+ section.

sure...drop it on our lap kev!  bust gut laughing jk!
aupdike

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2013, 07:35:07 PM »

Hi all, thanks so much for helping me in getting it going again.  I received my battery today (one bought from a supplier here).  After replacing the battery, I got an error code 61, looked it up here, hit the reset button, cleared the jackpot thingy, jumped on one foot while crossing my fingers -- and it's working perfectly!  Thanks again to all!
CVslots

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2013, 07:43:41 PM »

Dancing Party Dancing Party  Good to hear! And good job! And no clear chip needed, imagine that!?!?!

Enjoy your game!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.