Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:23:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT slant top Sizzling Sevens: 61 code having issues Newbie needs help!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT slant top Sizzling Sevens: 61 code having issues Newbie needs help!  (Read 29389 times)
upsMANinMI
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: December 09, 2013, 12:42:05 AM »

Hey group. New here, from Michigan. First off, this is my first home machine, know nothing  about them except for what I've read on posts. Just drove 2 hours to pick up an IGT slant top Sizzling Sevens machine. Guy told me he had issues with the bottom cabinet and could not get it locked. Didn't tell me that the reels won't spin and it's not working. Turn it on, lights up, 61 code. Did everything on here that people have talked about, such as holding the reset till it dings, closing the top, then turning the jackpot key. That did nothing. Reels spin freely when off, tighten when on. This machine is coin operated, no bill selector, etc. Guy I bought it from (good ole Ebay) claims it had a battery put in recently. He claims it has something to do with the eye sensors not lining up. I've read about swapping chips, clear chips, etc, etc, etc. really need help here. Hauled this 350LB beast to my basement and want it running.  Thanks in advance.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 02:18:18 AM »

Welcome to the site.

Do you get the "ding" and a 61-1 in the display after you press and hold the self test button?

If so, what happens after you close the lid and turn the jackpot reset keyswitch -- anything?

Make sure all the other doors are closed (belly door, bill validator stacker access door, etc.).  You might need a new set of optics if you're getting to 61-1, but it's not clearing after you close the door and turn the keyswitch.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 02:46:25 AM »

So far, Im not sure that the seller has mislead you, as he said their were issues with door optics ("eyes"). Slant top/sit down machines have a couple more doors than other machines, so it would be very easy for ONE to not be registering as closed (in the machines brain anyway). Have you downloaded a manual for it and located all of the doors? With no bill validator, at least your not dealing with the typical 5 doors of a slant top.  yes

No worries though. Easy fix once its identified. No extra $$$ anyway.

upsMANinMI

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 11:15:18 AM »

Thanks for the quick replies, I appreciate it. I have not downloaded a manual yet, is there a place on here to download it? The guy I bought it from said there was a problem with the bottom cabinet closing, something about the lock. He actually bought a new lock mechanism, I'm trying to figure out how to install it. As for that bottom cabinet door, it has no optics on it, how does the machine sense this door is open?  I have attached a bunch of pics. I appreciate your help greatly. If I don't respond right away, it's because I'm playing Santa in my big brown bus all day. Thanks guys/girls.

* image.jpg (1982.7 KB, 2592x1936 - viewed 266 times.)

* image.jpg (1172.62 KB, 2592x1936 - viewed 223 times.)
upsMANinMI

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 12:47:45 AM »

Still getting the 61 1 error. Done the self test, get the ding. I think this has to be an issue with the slot thinking one of the doors is open. Any ideas?  Pics are included. Thanks in advance.   Btw, the pic of the button, should anything be connected to that?

* image.jpg (108.17 KB, 640x478 - viewed 239 times.)
CVslots

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 04:14:48 AM »

You are ABSOLUTELY correct! The machine "thinks" there is a door open. Unfortunately, I cannot be much help here,as its been years since we had an S+ slant, but I just know there's about a jillion doors...(ok, maybe 4-5, but might as well be a jillion. You'll get it, you're on the trail now!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 03:04:15 PM by CVslots » Logged

shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 03:50:53 PM »

I got this error a few times and realized the latch for the top lid (the big part!) was not fully locking. I cleaned it up and now I haven't had the problem since. Are you sure it's fully latching? The door is so heavy that sometimes it seems like it's latched when it actually isn't.
I'm sure you know but be careful with the lower door. They love to break or bruise toes as the door just lets go and falls down to your unsuspecting foot.  bawling
CVslots

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 04:57:29 PM »

Is there just the 2 doors (with no BV) on an S+ slant?

Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2013, 07:16:55 PM »

doesn't matter if the machine is a upright or a slant top, the tests in the diagnostics are the same for both machines.  go to the input test menu, 10_1   scroll down to 13_1, close the main door and latch it closed, the 1 should start to toggle back and forth from a 0 to a 1 as long as the door is closed. If it doesn't do this, then there is an open circuit in the optics loop. the bv door could be the problem, or the bis door below the arm rest could be wired into the loop (but I don't remember these ever being in the loop).  but until you get the alternating signal you will NEVER get the machine to reset or work.

Hope this helps

Jim   

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
upsMANinMI

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2013, 02:42:19 PM »

New guy stupid question here.  How do I go to the input test menu?  Is there a sticky somewhere for it?  thanks
CVslots

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2013, 05:39:47 AM »

With machine on, door closed, turn reset key ONCE, Voila!!! You are in! Them just follow Jim's instructions (he's so good at wording them, to heck with the stupid manual, that's a waste of time, seriously).

And scroll down by turning the key again....you won't hurt anything if you don't change anything. Go look and you will see what were saying.

upsMANinMI

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2013, 01:58:47 PM »

Thanks. I can get the 1 and 0 to toggle back and forth, but don't see this 10_1 or 13_1 that you are talking about. Still have the 61 code, change light and candle light flashing.
upsMANinMI

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2013, 02:04:13 PM »

Also, I can see that the optics are connected, but as for that white switch(button), it has no wires connected to it and I can't even see any wires dangling that might have went there. Also, I pulled out coin hopper, and the harness behind it has a couple wires clipped also. I'm thinking someone bypassed the doors on this machine. Took all the quarters out of the wheel on the coin hopper also, looks as if it may have stopped working when the battery was replaced as the previous owner stated. I can take pics if needed. Thanks so much.
upsMANinMI

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2013, 06:46:31 PM »

Bought the clear chip, still getting the dreaded code. IGT slant top, coin sizzling sevens machine. Any other ideas?  Thanks. I really appreciate this.
CVslots

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2013, 08:08:50 PM »

At 61-1, close all doors and turn jackpot reset key.

Please tell us exactly what steps you've taken and the results.

upsMANinMI

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2013, 11:22:13 PM »

Removed game chip, installed clear chip, put board back in machine.  Powered on, did nothing. Performed the same procedure again,  Pressed the reset button, turned the jackpot key and the machine started counting from 1 and stopped at 999.  Reinstalled game chip and still nothing. I attached a picture of the board. I bought the machine about a month ago, the seller said battery was bad, replaced it and got this code. Again, I appreciate the help.

* image.jpg (1957.46 KB, 2592x1936 - viewed 251 times.)
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2013, 12:04:23 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mX42MK4IfSY&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/mX42MK4IfSY&rel=0</a>

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
proten

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2013, 12:23:11 AM »

This is the clear - reset instructions I use.

* scan0002.jpg (666.64 KB, 1700x2338 - viewed 263 times.)

One step at a time.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2013, 01:07:42 AM »

Can someone with better eyes than I have tell me the numbers on the SS chip . I think I'm seeing 5122, check the bible . none of the reel chips for Sizzling 7  (3) coin BAP ends with the numbers 22    Scratch Head Scratch Head

http://www.newlifegames.net/igtbible/IGT%203CBP/Game%20Library%20-%20S-Plus%20-%20Sizzling%207%20(3%20Coin%20Buy-A-Pay).htm

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
proten

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2013, 02:28:36 AM »

Looks like 8122 - DOUBLE JACKPOT HAYWIRE 3C  to me.

One step at a time.
upsMANinMI

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2013, 02:54:05 AM »

The reel chip says 3c SIZZ. It's handwritten that's why it looks deceiving. 
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2013, 03:29:14 AM »

Recap  you say after the clear and you put the SP (game) chip back in and you get nothing, is that like nothing or is that like nothing has changed. Are you saying you never got a 61 ??

Are you sure your getting the Game chip installed in the right direction with NO bent legs ??

* S+ Clear and set instructons.zip (1443.9 KB - downloaded 77 times.)

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2013, 07:02:46 AM »

Hi there upsMANinMI.  If you would, please stop creating new threads for your machine.  I'll merge this thread with your other threads now.  It helps folks troubleshooting to be able to see what you've previously done to try and resolve your problem with your machine, and when you create new threads, the wheel often has to get re-invented.  Please keep this machine issue in one thread so that the folks trying to help you can assist you better.  Thanks!

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
upsMANinMI

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2013, 09:34:22 AM »

I apologize for that. New guy error. I appreciate all the help I've gotten so far. When I get off work tonight, I will re do all the steps, make sure there are no bent legs on the chips, etc. I'll let you know the results.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2013, 04:41:44 AM »

No problem at all.  We're all anxious to help you get your situation resolved, too.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.