Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 01:40:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  My IGT Red White and Blue Slot Machine Lights Up But Won't Work
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My IGT Red White and Blue Slot Machine Lights Up But Won't Work  (Read 13184 times)
davvet2
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: December 15, 2013, 01:05:29 AM »

My first post here.

I bought a IGT Red White & Blue slot machine today, it lights up some, but doesn't work.

The crank handle doesn't pull forward when a token is inserted, the token just falls thru to the floor.

This machine is marked .25, but is set up for tokens, doesn't accept dollar bills.

It's really hard to read the faded tag on the machine, but it looks like:

Model # B4036D1 (very faded, may have more numbers but I can't read them)

Serial # 354440 (very readable)

Date 6/93 (faded)

There is some red sticky stuff that appears to be coming out of the crank handle inside, it's all over that side of the inside of the machine and is very hard to remove.

I was told the machine only needed the memory board battery -- but from what I've read it also could be the power supply ?

Could I get some guidance on how to remove what's needed to access and repair the problem ?

Thanks,

Jim

rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 04:31:12 AM »

The gooey stuff running down the side the slot handle is a rubber stopper that has melted away.  You can just peel the thing off.  The machine will work fine without it.
Now to the actual machine workings.  You probably have an S+ based on the date of manufacture.  Your machine should have 3 windows that display some LED digits.  Two on the left side and one all the way on the right, is there anything being displayed on these windows?  Do the reels spin when you power up the machine, if they don't, are the reels "stiff" when you power on the machine?

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
davvet2

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 01:20:05 PM »

Thanks for responding to my post, Rick --

The only lights I see are the florescent ones, no LEDS anywhere. The reels don't spin when it powers up, but they will move
by hand. They also will move by hand when the power is off.

Jim
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 03:02:52 PM by davvet2 » Logged
erbs
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 66

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 06:04:29 PM »

Pull your hopper out and look at the white plug that is behind the hopper. These plugs are known to get burnt from heat and loose there connection. Check out this post. Reply i5 shows a pic of the plug. http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=1412.0  Almost forgot  NLG Welcome
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 07:37:58 PM »

The fact that the reels are loose means there's no power going to them.  Pull out the hopper and pull up on the handle (round knob on back), this is the mpu board and has the brains of the machine.  Pull up take out and look for obvious sings of burns or battery leak destroying leads or any other damage.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 07:49:30 PM »

Don't forget to check all 3 fuses. No display and free spinning reels indicate the 6A fuse (middle) may be blown.

davvet2

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 08:48:04 PM »

OK, I've done a lot of checking and cleaning terminals with tuner cleaner.

Pulled the hopper -- Nothing obvious on the circuit board..........however ! Found that the number 2 fuse is blown.

I can't get one until tomorrow -- so we'll see what happens after it's replaced.

Thanks to all for your help so far !

Jim
proten

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 09:08:32 PM »

Get extras as you probably have a coin under the mother board.
If you pull the MPU board (the one with the black knob), the board
that it plugs into can be removed so you can look for loose coins.

One step at a time.
davvet2

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 09:13:05 PM »

Found a fuse and put it in, now the jackpot light lights up, and it says it paid 12 coins.

Dropped a coin in and it fell thru to the floor -- nothing else happened. I did clean out all the coins out of the machine floor,
so I don't think there's a short --- unless they're hidden....

Thanks
CVslots

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2013, 09:24:29 PM »

Well you're on the road to recovery now! A 12 indicates the 3.6v lithium battery on the MPU is low. No biggie! The machine will not function until it is replaced. The battery just solders on the board. Let me know if you need one and I can get one out tomorrow via Priority Mail for 2-3 day delivery.

Also, if you're machine takes bills, you will need a Set chip to re-enable the bill acceptor after the battery is replaced.

davvet2

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2013, 10:39:45 PM »

OK, thanks.

Why are the tokens falling thru the machine and hitting the floor?

Jim
CVslots

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2013, 10:47:12 PM »

Because the machine is inoperable until that battery is replaced. There is no way around that one. Once it's replaced, I suspect you will be up and running (of course, we could find other issues after that, so we have to wait and see).

davvet2

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2013, 12:04:43 AM »

OK,

Thanks
davvet2

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2013, 02:12:25 PM »

Replaced battery, now I have fault code 61.

What next ?

Thanks,

Jim
CVslots

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2013, 02:25:07 PM »

Ok....very important you FOLLOW these directions in the EXACT ORDER!!!!

With door open (and 61showing in display). Push the white reset button inside and hold for 3-4 seconds. Yu will hear a DING, and see the display change to 61-1. CLOSE & LATCH the door.

With a 61-1 in the display (and door closed), turn jackpot Key on side of cabinet ONCE. DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS YOU GET A 61-1!!!! Game should initialize at this point and be ready for play (given there are no other issues).
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 04:26:09 PM by CVslots » Logged

davvet2

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2013, 02:51:56 PM »

CV,

Forgot to tell you the candle is flashing too.

I don't see a white reset button -- am I over looking it? Also, I don't have a key -- can I just jump the terminals?

Thanks,

Jim

PS: I just sent you an email with a photo of the inside of my machine.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 03:20:19 PM by davvet2 » Logged
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2013, 03:46:25 PM »

After the 61_1 in the display, you have to close the door and latch it , then turn the jackpot key and see if the program will load.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
CVslots

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2013, 04:24:07 PM »

After the 61_1 in the display, you have to close the door and latch it , then turn the jackpot key and see if the program will load.

Jim

Sorry, I was in a hurry. I was scared he would turn the key prematurely and get in that stupid loop. I will mod my post as to not confuse anyone in the future. Thanks for catching that Jim!

He sent a pic of his machine and he's missing his comparitor and bracket...

davvet2

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2013, 04:32:42 PM »

I think I messed up and turned the key too quickly, I think it's in the loop  Silly Me!

Jim
CVslots

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2013, 06:50:52 PM »

We'll get ya taken care of...meanwhile, you're dead in the water. Even if you clear the 61, and 61-1, you would have coin in/optics errors due to the lack of coin equipment.

davvet2

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2013, 11:10:42 PM »

I finally found the reset button/switch. (by using the search function here and reading old posts)

It's on the front left side in the center of the MPU board housing.  It is in the front middle of the housing, hidden between 2 of the 4 wire bundles that are also in front.

How can I tell if the machine has gone into the "loop" ?

I realize it won't work right without a comparitor, but was just wondering if it was in the loop, and if I unsoldered the battery if it would clear it.

Thanks,

Jim
CVslots

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2013, 03:09:29 AM »

You will know if you're "in the loop" when you're can clear the 61, then clear the 61-1... Only to revert back to a 61...and repeat it again, and again, and again...We have had some members seemingly get out by trying different things, but the battery, not so much. Swapping the Sp chip with a very much older/different Sp sometimes does it, but we have not had any real EVDIENCE of anything else REALLY working. All other remedies have been hit and miss.

davvet2

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2013, 03:18:06 AM »

OK, thanks!

Jim
davvet2

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2013, 12:15:05 AM »

Thanks to Roslyn and Darrel at CVS. They sent me a coin comparaitor quickly -- I had enough sense to get it installed,
and now my machine is working ! It's pretty loose too; I've already won $250.00 ! (worth of no cash value tokens)
But, at least that gives me the ability to run a shakedown on it...

I bought the machine because several years ago my favorite slot on a Carnival Cruise Ship was a Red White & Blue,
but it didn't pay off like this one does -- because there was real money involved !

I appreciate all the help from those who responded to my Slot 911.....

Jim
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2013, 04:03:58 AM »

Congrats on getting it working!

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.