Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 10:51:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  changed games and my BV doesn't work, tried using set26 chip and no luck. Help!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: changed games and my BV doesn't work, tried using set26 chip and no luck. Help!!  (Read 4412 times)
ez8631
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 23

« on: January 11, 2014, 07:23:18 PM »

Got it working now, Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 08:39:27 PM by ez8631 » Logged
ez8631
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 07:25:22 PM »

The chips for my Volcano game are SP 874 and the Volcano SS4226 chips if that helps Also my BV is a 200 model and the Dip switches on the bottom of the BV head are all set to off straight across. I tried switching #10 to on and that didn't help, now it's back to the off position.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 07:45:22 PM by ez8631 » Logged
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 07:53:21 PM »

Is the game working and paying correctly with coins right now?  If so, continue:

With the power off, remove the board.  Remove the GAME ("SP") chip from the socket, and replace it with the SET chip.

Put the board back in and power on.  Are you still getting the 68 error?

For what it's worth, here are the directions for using the SET chip: http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/dbv.htm

...and listed here are some good directions for the clear chip, starting at line 63 near the bottom: http://www.ohiogaming.com/replacementinstructions.htm

Error 68 means "Non-compatible data PROM", which is saying that the SS chip isn't compatible with the SET chip or GAME/SP chip being used.  Based on the chip numbers you've provided, that's not the case.  If you're still getting that 68, it probably wouldn't hurt to try the clear chip procedure from the link above.  It's not going to kill many settings in your situation that will cause a headache.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
ez8631
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 08:02:29 PM »

I was just in the game room doing exactly what you said because I figured out I was putting the set chip in the wrong spot. I went through the process using the set chip no problem and put the game chip back in. I got the 61 code,  pressed the rest button and got the 61 1 code, then closed the door and turned the key switch and everything is clear, but it doesn't take coins or the BV now. In fact... it does nothing except power everything up. I must have done something wrong, but those are the exact steps I took.
I turn it off and power it back up and get nothing on the display at all now.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 08:08:03 PM by ez8631 » Logged
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 08:15:43 PM »

did you set a denomination when you enbled the dbv?

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
ez8631
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 08:19:27 PM »

yes... 25. do you think I should clear it out with my clear chip and start over?

Hey knagl... I see your Coral Reef pic... know where I can get the top and bottom glass for that game in an S+ round top??? Been looking for a while now.
ez8631
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 08:30:48 PM »

OK... I cleared it just fine and put everything back together for the game and it's working with the coins, but the BV still isn't working. Do I need to use the Set Chip again to activate the BV?

GOOD NEWS!!! I used the set chip, went through the steps and it's working fine now. Had I remembered to use it the first time when I changed games I would have avoided all this trouble. Thanks for the help guys... even though I figured it out on my own... sort of.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 08:38:54 PM by ez8631 » Logged
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 09:51:06 PM »

Clap Clap Clap

Good to hear!!!

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 10:54:51 AM »

GOOD NEWS!!! I used the set chip, went through the steps and it's working fine now. Had I remembered to use it the first time when I changed games I would have avoided all this trouble.

Not quite -- you can run the SET chip at any point to get the bill validator working, even if you have the game installed and running on coins.  In fact, I prefer to get the game working after I do a game change before I re-enable the validator, just to make sure all is well with the thing.  I'm guessing something got corrupted in the EEPROM, and running the clear chip cleared the junk out.

Glad to hear it's working for you.

Hey knagl... I see your Coral Reef pic... know where I can get the top and bottom glass for that game in an S+ round top??? Been looking for a while now.

Nope, sorry.  I'd just periodically post a WTB ad in the classifieds section -- you never know when one might pop up.  As you know, it's a harder to find kid.  My very first S+ was a Coral Reef (9"), hence the avatar.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.