Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 05:31:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Trying to clear a 61-1 error
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trying to clear a 61-1 error  (Read 38312 times)
Like2know
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: -1

« on: January 17, 2014, 04:50:05 PM »

IGT S Plus CPU 10 mhz board..  The chip is 5 coin wild cherry  -Error code 61-1 cannot get it cleared reset the S plus machine error 61 then I close a door turn the reset key then I have 61-1, from that point on its locked up.  Needs to be turned off and back on.  Then I'm back on 61.  I've reset the game several times replace the door optical sensors.  This all started when I reset the machine and now when I open the door that topped light does not come on no reaction at all like you used to.  I have replace the motherboard twice same thing.  Is there another device or board needs to be replaced to fix this?  Note if I do not push to reset and shut the door it stays on 61 then when I turn the key.  It goes through the menu and then back to 61.  When I've pushed the reset goes to 61 - 1 then locks up.  I have three new 10mhz mother boards all do the same thing.  I have one16mhz board doesn't work and all I was using the same chip from the 10.  I didn't know how to get the right chip or what I actually need to run a 16 or is it really worth it changing.  How would I checked the door optical if it's working correctly when the door shut.  If the light doesn't come on and that all wheels don't move?  When it did before.  Also would be better to go with a 16 instead of the 10?  What else am I need to go with the 16mhz board I have.  I have a five coins play wild cherry machine full size.  All the doors on the machine and sensors are shut.  The door sensor could this be bypass?  To see if it's working OK. Help
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 08:03:48 PM by Like2know » Logged
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 04:56:27 PM »

Like2Know - You should start anew thread really. Hopefully a Mod can help us out there. First of all, lets slow down, as you are creating more problems. Don't mean to sound harsh, but troubleshooting cannot be effective until we establish a baseline and address one issue at a time, WITHOUT changing anything else meanwhile.

Please tell us what board you have in the machine (16 or 10), and what chips you are using. That could be your only issue, as 10mhz chips will not function on a 16mhz board, and vice versa.

Once we know this we can address the issue at hand.

cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 05:34:45 PM »

I'm fuzzy on the S+ models, but aren't you suppose to turn the jackpot reset key with the door open while you have the 61 error code? Then when you get the 61-1 you hold the reset button till it dings, then shut the door. You stated you closed the door then turned the key. Like I said, I'm fuzzy on these, but sounds right to me
CVslots

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 05:51:35 PM »

No, cowboy, you got it exactly backwards. Re-train your brain to remember the 2 digit before the 3 digit code...  yes

61 HOLD white button/reset 2-3 sec until DING and/or display changes to 61-1
61-1 Close Door and turn Key ONE time

cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 06:01:18 PM »

Thanks Roz, nothing like a little refresher once in a while. applause I think it's been about 5 years since I played with an S+
CVslots

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 06:09:57 PM »

No problem. I wake up in the middle of the night saying it.... rotflmao

We have tons of calls and emails regarding 61s and 12s...funny how that is with slots. No one would think of calling someone who had a car for sale and ask them how to fix theirs...or a refrigerator, TV, guinea pig, etc....

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 06:13:05 PM »

CV! Refer them to NLG! yes
We'll mess with their minds!  rotflmao
CVslots

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 06:37:44 PM »

We try, believe me....most claim they are too busy, never look at Internet, or are not "computer savvy"....Most won't be quiet long enough to listen, so that makes it fun...

Like2know

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2014, 05:33:59 PM »

After reset it have the 61 - 1 the machine locks up.  It's frozen until you turn a power off the and on again and then you're back to 61 all over again when I've pushed a white button I do not hear anything no Ding for 1 second or 10 seconds the main jackpot bell is not installed.  I'd like to get this backup and running like it was even if I have to adapt the 16 board on it if there's an advantage on that one.  Also it on the door optical is that wired into the mother board?  Or is there another component that may be out that needs to be replace?
CVslots

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 06:15:45 PM »

Like2Know - You should start anew thread really. Hopefully a Mod can help us out there. First of all, lets slow down, as you are creating more problems. Don't mean to sound harsh, but troubleshooting cannot be effective until we establish a baseline and address one issue at a time, WITHOUT changing anything else meanwhile.

Please tell us what board you have in the machine (16 or 10), and what chips you are using. That could be your only issue, as 10mhz chips will not function on a 16mhz board, and vice versa.

Once we know this we can address the issue at hand.

Can you please answer the questions above? We cannot help determine what could be causing your problems until we know what BOARD and CHIPS you have in your machine. You mentioned you have both 10 and 16mhz boards.

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2014, 06:59:38 PM »

I agree with CVslots.  Slow down, and please answer the questions asked of you.  Nobody ever asked if you had a jackpot bell installed.

For the record, the proper way to clear a 61 code is:

Open the door, press and hold the white "Self Test" button for about five seconds.  If your speaker is working, you will hear a small "ding" from it as the display changes from 61 to 61-1.  If you don't hear the ding, that's okay, so long as it changes to 61-1.

Next, close and fully latch the door, ensuring that the latch is all the way down.  (Also make sure that the bill validator stacker door is closed and latched, if applicable.)

Finally, turn the jackpot reset keyswitch on the right side of the machine once, then release it.  If all goes well, the displays will go blank, the reels will spin then stop, and the machine will be ready to go.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
therockinelvis
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 99

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 12:32:42 AM »

Kinda sounds like his key switch is not working. Look inside where the switch is and make sure the 2 wires are connected. He has 61 then 61-1 then nothing from there until he turns it off then back to 61. If not key switch then door optics are out of alignment. Remove reel glass to see of put tape on side and mark where the 2 optics are then close door and see if the marks line up.
CVslots

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2014, 02:12:59 AM »

Note if I do not push to reset and shut the door it stays on 61 then when I turn the key.  It goes through the menu and then back to 61.  When I've pushed the reset goes to 61 - 1 then locks up.

JP key is working fine...

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2014, 02:21:37 AM »

Good catch CV!  Sherlock Smiley
Like2know needs to folllow knagl's directions to the T.
We need to see after getting the [61-1] in the display if the Reset key works when the door is closed  !!
Like2know

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2014, 08:00:33 PM »

My machine has a IGT S Plus CPU 10 mhz board with the VOL pod and the dip switch on it.  and the chip is a wild cherry 5 coin play, and it's not running at this time it was until I tried reset the bill DBV device that is when it all started I'm pretty sure everything's fine it's just doesn't know the door shut the light on top won't go off is there something else other than the mother board.  that control the door being something else I can replace.?  How can I make the light on top stop blinking when the door is close.
CVslots

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2014, 10:06:44 PM »

The candle will not stop flashing until a game is played. Forget about the candle!!

What is the CHIP NUMBER of the chip you are using? Wild Cherry 5 coin does not tell us. We need the numbers off of the chips. One should start with SP and other chip will start with SS.

You said you replaced the door optics? Are they aligned properly? Place a piece of tape on the outside of the machine and mark where the "eye" is on the optic. Now do the same for the cabinet. Close the door and see if they line up...within 1/8" should do.

Second question, do you know if the optics you used as replacements are good? There's a trick with a digital camera or phone camera, but I don't know what it is, Stayoutofthebunker or one of the other guys can tell you. Or just use the SEARCH button up top.

Like2know

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2014, 04:32:33 PM »

How to check door optical to verify their working correctly?   I hear you can do with the camera
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2014, 07:43:52 PM »

Do you know the chip number yet?
See this link to find out how...>>>

http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/SPSS.htm

Here's a link below to what it looks like on the door emitter optic through a video camera.
You can use a phone cam too.
Without you yet telling us what SP you have, I can't tell you how to activate it though...>>>

http://youtu.be/OIdPdiLXM_s
Like2know

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2014, 12:37:34 AM »

sp1048 is the chip #

* pic1.jpg (1996.23 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 408 times.)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2014, 03:50:19 PM »

Okay thanks for getting the chip info!  applause FYI that SP1048 uses a very different SET chip...SET058 to be exact.
It's not a very common one but really shouldn't have any impact on whether or not you can get past the [61-1] code.

However, the SP1048 chip came programmed with the [61-3] error code, which was new at the time
and meant the machine was "detecting a hardware malfunction."
To clear a [61-3], all you did was open the door, and press the Test button for a few seconds
and it would display [61-1] in the Winner Paid window.
From there you would clear the [61-1] code as normal by CLOSING the door and turning the Jackpot Reset key once.
Don't worry about this as you're not getting this code right now
but it was interesting for me to find and I just wanted to point it out.  rotflmao

To activate the door emitter in the Output Tests to make it flash, all you do is:
1). Open the door
2). Press the test button until you see a [2]
3). Flip the Reset key until you get to number #24. (That's the Door Optics Transmitter test number.)
4). Turn on your camera and point it at the emitter optic bulb on the door frame.
5). Press the SPIN button.
You will see thru the viewfinder of your camera the emitter flash sort of a blue-ish flashing - that means it's working.
To get out of the Output Tests, just close the door.

I have not yet tried to figure out how to diagnose/test a cabinet-side reciever optic for functionality though.
My guess is that it can be done by merely checking for continuity with a multimeter?
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong? Thanks!

Hey! While you have your camera out....look at the front of your TV remote control thru the viewfinder
and press any button on the remote!
It's pretty much the same deal!  Tongue Out
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 04:19:31 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
Like2know

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2014, 04:42:29 PM »

Update I've pull the CMOS chips and then put a back in.  Now it goes to 63 1 & in the coin play box #5
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2014, 07:56:10 PM »

Why did you take it out?  Scratch Head
Like2know

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2014, 08:13:27 PM »

People on the post's were trying that so I thought I try something different.  and it was working great until I close the door then went back to this 60 - 1 and a five in the coin box.  And at least I know now nothing's burn out it just needs to be configured right
Like2know

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2014, 11:08:07 PM »

3200 error   I keep opening and closing the door. It still goes back to 3200 error The hopper is clear.  How can I test the brake on the hopper?  to see if it's working correctly
therockinelvis
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 99

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2014, 12:02:53 AM »

I'm pretty sure you installed the hopper while the machine was ON. That is the only time I have had that happen. Turn off machine, remove hopper and turn machine back on. Hopefully you can play one game. Turn machine back off and install hopper and I think you will be fine. I think that is what I had to do.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.