Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 05:19:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Trying to clear a 61-1 error
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trying to clear a 61-1 error  (Read 38311 times)
Like2know
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: -1

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2014, 04:27:45 PM »

3200 error  if I remove the CMOS chips started up and turn off.  Put it back turn it on it works until it pays slot comes up then it doesn't pay and goes into their back to 3200 if I do the same thing again I can play it  it will not paid no winnings looking for some other suggestions to fix a problem I'm sure it is reconfigured right which I am not doing correctly
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 04:23:01 AM by Like2know » Logged
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2014, 04:30:53 PM »

What's it do when you put the hopper in from your other machine? Does the error follow the hopper or stay with the machine? S+ hoppers are just pieces of hardware, you can't hurt anything by switching them between machines.

therockinelvis
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 99

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2014, 05:03:03 PM »

Are you hearing the hopper try to work? If not, you can look at the lower left of the hopper and see the motor. There is a plastic lever that locks the motor. Lift it a little so you can turn the motor by hand. If it won't turn one way try the other. Watch the wheel shelf to see if something comes around. I have seen dimes stuck in quarter hoppers where someone put pocket change in them. If it is jammed then remove the object and turn the motor the other way to be sure it is clear.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2014, 05:58:29 PM »

3200  is a coin out tilt.  you can test the unit in the machine or out of the machine.   In the machine:  get the machine into the play mode, but DO NOT PLAY THE MACHINE.  press the white test button until you get a #3 in the coins played window,  turn the jackpot reset key one time, it should start the hopper and it should count out 10 coins and stop. you could do this test all day long if you want.

out of the machine: there are two actions that take place when the hopper motor is turned on.  LOOK at the hopper motor and observe a lever that will pivot when it is pushed down and when released it will go back to it original position,  when that lever is pushed, it also causes another action, it should push a red motor lock that is controlled by a spring out of the motor rotor so the rotor could spin and thereby allowing the motor to turn.( this is called the motor brake assembly). If you push down and hold this lever down with your left hand, reach in side the hopper with your right hand and move the star agitator CCW, ( it will take some strength to turn this wheel) . If the wheel does not turn, then something is binding it.  If the hopper had a higher torque  motor installed (usually for dollar machines)  you probably won't get it to turn by hand.  the hopper motor is a 115 vac motor, you can fashion a cheater cord to apply voltage to the hopper and observe it's functions.  Get an inexpensive  extension cord, cut off the receptacle end , put on two quick connects (same size as the one on the motor)  now remove the two wires from the motor, install your cheater cord in there place, hook the cheater cord to a power strip with a on/off switch, now you can turn on the hopper and turn off the hopper using the switch. 

If you determine the wheel is binding then we can suggest a way to find out why.

Hope this helps

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
Like2know

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2014, 06:42:25 AM »

3200 error keeps coming back.  The hoppers free and clear.  Nothing is jammed.  Tried it with a full hopper and a empty one and same thing.  If I'd get it to go pass it goes to 61 error then I'd push the reset then I get 65 3 turned it again 65 1 and again 61 1 then it locks up.  Turn off and on and I'm back to 3200 Error.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

513-984-2201

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2014, 01:26:44 PM »

if you can never get that code to clear then the door optics have to be misaligned or bad!!!!   can you enter the tests with the white test button?   if you can , go to the test where there is a 10_1 in the winne rpaid window, use the jackpot key switch to scroll down that menu to a 13_1 , close the main door, and latch it shut. the 1 should toggle back and forth 1,0,1,0,1,0,1,0,etc.  if it does this then the optics are good . if it doesn't change then you have a problem. either the cash can switch is open, the belly door switch( if installed) is open, or something with the optics, board wiring or ?

but until the OPTICS ARE WORKING YOUR MACHINE WILL NEVER WORK!!!!!

Hope this helps

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2014, 05:03:26 PM »

Here's a link to a short video clip checking door optics on an S+ using the Tests as Jim suggested...>>>

http://youtu.be/u8VA6pE_P8M

Like2know

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2014, 04:49:29 PM »

3200 error keeps coming back.  The hoppers free and clear.  Nothing is jammed.  Tried it with a full hopper and a empty one and same thing.  If I'd get it to go pass it goes to 61 error then I'd push the reset then I get 65 3 turned it again 65 1 and again 61 1 then it locks up.  Turn off and on and I'm back to 3200 Error. OPTICS ARE WORKING
tjlee
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 76

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2014, 06:29:26 PM »

My only S+ does the same thing when I removed the hopper and restall it without giving it a good push.  I clear it by simply pulling hopper out and reinstalling it with a bit of push.  Could be wiring too or hopper itself.  Have you tried putting another hopper in the machine??  Hope this helps a little.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2014, 03:29:10 PM »

The red pawl on the hopper brakes may be worn out.
A [3200] error code happens when the brakes don't stop the coin in time from reaching the hopper optics.
The machine then throws out the [3200] code.
Have you tried the hopper test Jim mentioned above?
It makes the hopper spit out 10 coins then stop then you should be getting the error [3200], if the brakes weren't serviced.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

513-984-2201

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2014, 03:32:16 PM »

If the optics are working, then you would have been able to get into the test modes.

Did you do the hopper test in the bad machine as I had suggested???

The S+ machine has built in diagnostics, it will test every feature that  machine has to offer.

Can you play the machine using the white test button with the door open???

Jim

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2014, 04:10:58 PM »

The primary cause of the [3200] error code is the brakes failing on the hopper.
Here's a picture that might help you and a link to the thread from over 4 years ago...>>>

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=10751.msg93491#msg93491

* hooper brakes.jpg (60.15 KB, 350x262 - viewed 647 times.)
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

513-984-2201

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2014, 06:54:37 PM »

thought 3100   was an extra coin out code, usually caused by a dirty brake assembly???

3200  code  is a coin out tilt      I assume this means no coin out???

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2014, 05:18:13 AM »

I don't know about that.  3300 (Hopper Empty) means no coins are coming out. 

I've never been clear about what a 3200 is, unless it's an indication that the coin-out optics are blocked.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
MikeCamp
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 34

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2014, 01:07:50 PM »

Seems like I went thru a situation like this with one of my S+ machines a few years ago, turned out to be the switch on the BV door, it had broken and I didn't notice till I found a part in the bottom next to the can.  I removed the switch and wired the two wires together and then was able to move forward.  I'm old, been years but I seem to remember all these same numbers, drove me nuts for a couple of days.  Hope this helps,

Mike
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2014, 01:43:41 PM »

thought 3100   was an extra coin out code, usually caused by a dirty brake assembly???

Yes Jim, [3100] does mean extra coin out, but if the brakes aren't working right, they will
stop the coin right between the hopper optics and set off the [3200] error code.
IGT defines [3200] as a "coin jam in hopper".
I've never had the coins jam in the hopper but the [3200] code seems to go off is when
there's a massive coin jam under the knife.

I hate that when that happens cause usually the knife isn't much good after that.
We'll lay the knife on a couple of coins and weigh down the middle of knife for a few days
hoping to bend it back into a usable shape...   rotflmao
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 01:49:03 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
Like2know

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2014, 04:10:39 PM »

I it started to run.  For the little bit.  Until it landed on a pay slot.  But then  No coins would come out and it goes back to 3200 error
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2014, 05:29:01 PM »

Please try to answer some of the reply's posted here - we are trying to help you get
your machine working the way you want it to.
Have you performed the hopper tests prescribed?
Jim has asked you twice now.

It's time you've serviced that hopper.
Make sure it works before trying to play a game.

Here's some links of how an S+ hopper works...>>>

http://youtu.be/GAkVj8olMHE

http://youtu.be/qsea8ltUwWk

http://youtu.be/XH3N-prFZJ0
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 05:38:12 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
Like2know

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2014, 06:22:44 AM »

I clean the hopper thoroughly.  finally it started to work find.  When I shutdown.  Then starting the back up.  Then I get A 49 error.  it stopped and that where I am at now
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2014, 03:45:14 PM »

The [49] error code is the reel mechanism is disconnected.
Look at anything related to the reels, harnesses and connections.
This includes the male pins and female receptor pins in the Molex housings.

Once you've checked this out, open and close the door and the error will go away.
If the error comes back, then you've missed something.
Like2know

« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2014, 10:54:03 PM »

Everything's hooked up tight and secured nothing loose on all harnesses and wire connections and the door optical works
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2014, 01:35:31 PM »

Do you still have the [49] error code after closing the door?
Like2know

« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2014, 05:12:20 PM »

When the doors close still shows 49 error
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2014, 05:46:31 PM »

You've missed something.
Do you have a multimeter?

I have another question.
When you close the door and push the door latch down, does the number is the "Coins Played" window stay lit as you watch the display?

Or

does it momentarily go out for a few seconds?

Make note of this and let me know and I will try to help you
further get your machine working the way you want it to.
Like2know

« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2014, 11:21:38 PM »

49 error disappeared only now have 3200 error with the door close it blinks 3200 in the winner paid.  coin play is 0 blinking.  When the doors open winner paid shows 3200 flashing to a 9, coin played shows blinking 1, if I shut the door and turn the key it goes to 00, Turnagain   5 1,    10  3 or four more turns is  where I started.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.