Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 02:22:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Cannot get Bill Acceptor to activate
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cannot get Bill Acceptor to activate  (Read 13056 times)
greghig
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: February 03, 2014, 08:57:52 PM »

I have a slot that was brought to me to be repaired. But I think I need a little more help on this one. The game boots fine and plays as long as only coins are used. The yellow DBA lamp never lights up. I already sent the DBA to JCM and got it rebuilt so I know its OK. I have the programming chips and made sure the DBA was turned on and the denom set to 25cents. I have factory erased and reprogrammed several times.

I found a thread with video samples of the boot "sounds" it should make upon power up and it seems replicate the one that boots correctly. Cash box fully inserted.

My DBA only had 8 switches so I don't think its the DBV 200. Mine whole unit about a foot long that slides in and out with a big connector in the back left. There are no numbers on this anywhere i can find. It does have 2 red leds that are lit up beside the switches. Right now all the switches off.

I do know if I turn ALL the DBA switches ON, the yellow bill lamp will flash rapidly. so the bulbs are good.

Did all the usual checking on wires and plugs and cant didn't fine anything loose. Lost on what to do next.

greg

MikeCamp
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 34

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 01:17:36 PM »

I'm not very good with S+ machines but is it possible that your limits are set to low?  I was rebuilding a machine once and seems like I had a similar problem and turned out that my limits were set to low and inserting a bill would put it over the limit so it would not allow the BV to activate.  I hope that one of the more experienced guys will chime in but its worth checking.  I know on the S+ thats one of those that is a little more difficult for ME to find.  Hopefully I'm not just adding noise here.

Mike
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 03:57:18 PM »

Greghig,
Can you submit a photo of the bill acceptor unit pulled out?
I'm hoping it's not one of those bill acceptors I had that I couldn't get to work?
greghig

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 05:01:13 PM »

Mike, Do you know which setting to check. For that matter does anybody have a detailedlist of what ALL the settings are? I have the basics for activateing the bill acceptor and setting the denom, but I gave no clue what all those "other" settings I scroll through.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 05:45:44 PM »

Sounds like you have a WBA.  When you sent it to JCM did you tell them which brand machine it was going in ?? What I'm trying to say is we don't know what ID0  is programed in the BV.
If you have a Williams or a Bally machine stick it in one of them and see if it works.

Pull the BV out and on the bottom rear of the transport, does it have a 32 pin eprom ??  If yes, does the eprom have a sticker telling what the ID0 is ??

I guess I should ask, has this BV ever worked in this machine ??

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
greghig

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 06:20:40 PM »

2 pictures attached. one of the acceptor, and one of the board. Yes it did work before. It was brought to me because it suddenly stopped working. (although it still works with coins just fine). As it appeared dead I sent it to JCM which according to the paperwork, looks like they replaced all the belts and other things that normally wear out, but does not appear they did anything major or fixed anything malfunctioning. Did not tell them which machine it was in, never asked before and Ive sent them several acceptors over the years. Sent a HD picture of the board but I don't see any eprom, or sticker. There are only 2 stickers on it I can find, One is the JCM warranty sticker and one with the serial. It says both WBA-12-SS & below that it says USA-501-24 on the serial.

greg

* Bcc.jpg (17.21 KB, 320x240 - viewed 3217 times.)

* Board.jpg (86.01 KB, 640x480 - viewed 732 times.)
greghig

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 04:20:21 PM »

Been a few days with no responses. Does anybody know how to check the "Limits" as mentioned above? Any help would be appreciated.
MikeCamp
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 34

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 06:07:43 PM »

I hope I'm doing this correctly, try this link:http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=12713.0

As I stated I'm not very good with S-Plus machines and I don't want to cause you more grief and lead you down a wrong path.  If you BV is lighting up just not taking any bills then there is a reply in this post that tells how to check limits for BV, Credit, Payout etc...  Worth a shot to check out.

Mike
greghig

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 03:31:48 AM »

Tried the above link. The "6" in coin window does show a "25" in the credits window, so were good there,
 but a "7" in the coin window shows only a "2000" in the winner paid window. If I press the self test again, the coin window goes to an "8".

Cant seem to get to 7-1, 7-2, 7-3 etc. Am I missing a step here?

Here is what I get on a step-thru...   numbers in "quotes" indicates a flashing number, .... (periods) indicates blank window or empty digit.

Press ST Button         Winner Paid        Credits      Coins Played       

1                              0...                   ....            .
2                              0.."0"                ....            0
3                              5..1                  ....             0
4                              10.1                 ....             1
5                              10..                  ....             2
6                              50..                  ....             .
7                              60.1                 ....             .
8           self test - all windows have 8 in them
9           self test - all digits count 0 to 9 in sequence
10                            0...                   ....            3
11                            4246 "5"           0731         4   (display alternates from 4246 to ...5) repeats endlessly.
12                            ....                   ....             5
13                            ....                   ..25           6
14                            2000                ....            7
15                            1001                ....            7
16                            000"2"              ....           8
17                            0.."0"               ....           "1"
18  game resets to game mode

Can anybody please tell me what all those other numbers mean? not just 6 & 7.

Thanks
Greghig
harp
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 46

Always on the road

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 08:34:23 AM »

See attached

* SP731.doc (368.91 KB - downloaded 1383 times.)
RB
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 78

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 04:05:06 AM »

2 pictures attached. one of the acceptor, and one of the board. Yes it did work before. It was brought to me because it suddenly stopped working. (although it still works with coins just fine). As it appeared dead I sent it to JCM which according to the paperwork, looks like they replaced all the belts and other things that normally wear out, but does not appear they did anything major or fixed anything malfunctioning. Did not tell them which machine it was in, never asked before and Ive sent them several acceptors over the years. Sent a HD picture of the board but I don't see any eprom, or sticker. There are only 2 stickers on it I can find, One is the JCM warranty sticker and one with the serial. It says both WBA-12-SS & below that it says USA-501-24 on the serial.

greg

Greg, if this unit is truly an ID024 unit as your label "USA-501-24" indicates, it's not compatible with your S Plus. 024 is for S2000, I game, Game Knig. S Plus WBAs are ID022/023 or just 023. It will need to be flashed if that is the case.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 04:30:59 AM »

Ron I've only had a couple of S+ with WBAs but I'm pretty sure the transports were 10 0r 11s. I know know if it's possible to change the wiring so a 12 or 13 will fit  in a S+  Scratch Head Scratch Head
It's quite possible it has a SS 12 head and that's the tag he's seeing.

I guess a picture of that back plug would tell us. 

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2014, 01:41:26 PM »

Buzz, you can put a WBA 12/13 in a S+  they work just fine.  you can use a 10/11/12/13/ head on a 12/13 main frame and it will work fine. 

Since you have a SP731 (IMO the best SP to use because it is so user friendly) you can check and modify a few things. As always do these with no credits on the machine.  Press the test button, this will get you into the diagnostic mode. now close the door(do not latch it closed,just let the door ajar and resting up against the main cabinet. using the buttons you can test all functions of the machine. the "bet one button" will allow you to advance through the menu tests, and the" bet max " will allow you to reverse through the menu tests . when you get to a menu test where there are more than one piece of information, use the change button to advance through the menu. E.G. press,bet 1 until you see a 5_0 or 5_1 in the winner paid window, now using the change button you can go through every option offered in that menu, where as 5_1=player selectable credit, 8_0/1=bill acceptor pay mode, 9_0/1=bill acceptor enable/disable mode, 16_0/1= bill acceptor tilt mode, 30_01-38= bill acceptor country code. next you can advance to the input test menu, 10_1 in winner paid, and a 1 in the coins played,  use the change switch to advance to #27, this will turn on the yellow lamps for the bill acceptor and allow a bill to be inserted into the acceptor, it will take it in and then  return it (if it is operating correctly). you can change your limits, go to coins #7, you show a 1001, right digit should be flashing, if you press the spin button it will advance that number to the one you desire, press the change button it will advance to the next digit and the same etc. until you set the number you want.press the bet 1 again, now do the same for the number in the credits window, press bet 1 again, do the same for the number in the winner paid number, #8 should be in the coins paid window. set all three numbers to 1000.
to test the unit in the machine to see if it works:  turn machine power off, remove bill acceptor, turn switches 1-2-3 and 8 off, put bill acceptor back in its place, remove cash can,  now turn on the machine, turn switch 8 off, the bill acceptor should cycle briefly, now you should be able to put money into the acceptor, it should accept the bills and return them to the area where the cash can was. if this works then your bill acceptor is good.  now turn all the switches OFF. and return to the game. 
switch #2 determines what IDO you are using, on=IDO-22, off= IDO-23.  some older SS chips used IDO-22 to operate. you could try it both ways and see if it will work.this test should be preformed under normal operating conditions, NOT IN THE TEST MODE, i.e. the game is ready to play, then try both settings of switch #2.

The fact that the red leds are coming on tells me the power supply is good. however there is a second circuit in the power supply that acts as an interface between the cpu and the bill acceptor.

Hope this helps

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
greghig

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2014, 04:57:30 PM »

As mentioned, it did work before. I guess its possible JCM reprogrammed it incorrectly but there's nothing in the paperwork that says they did. Is there a way of knowing by looking at it?  Unfortunately I don't have another machine to test it on. Here are the pictures ya'll (yes, that's a word here in Texas) asked for. In case I didn't mention it before, This is a Double Diamond Deluxe.

* DBA Plug.jpg (54.26 KB, 640x480 - viewed 767 times.)

* labels.jpg (51.13 KB, 640x480 - viewed 765 times.)
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2014, 01:15:18 AM »

I spy with my little eye! In the bottom pic, the little sticker on the top/flat part of transport (above the bigger sticker). ID is on there....and usually software info.

Close up pic please, or just tell us what it says.

Edit: NEVER MIND! I can read it and it says ID024! And software is 3.80.  the good news is you have the recent software upgrade....the bad news...it's for an S2000, and not an S+. You need a WBA with ID022 or 23 for S+. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you more than likely tphave a fully functional unit for an S2000, should you ever need it.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 01:21:50 AM by CVslots » Logged

greghig

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2014, 04:39:38 AM »

So its a Software issue, right.  Ill call JCM and see if I can return it and have it programmed correctly. Ill let everybody know what happens.

greg
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2014, 07:34:44 AM »

JCM has ended any support for the WBA series except for anti counterfeiting updates and may have also ended.
IF you really want to change it to ID 22/23 get a hold of Jim @ Blueridge Slots he is a member here.
if he has the WBA firmware for ID 22/23 usually you send him your head and transport (firmware is in the transport) so he can re-program/update and calibrate it.
You might have to purchase a WBA from him, you can easily sell the one you have.
otherwise you are going to have to trade it for a JCM DBV-200

JCM is not allowed to program it for 22/23 unless you tell them its for a Players Edge plus and not sure if they can even do it then
Reason being is they have to follow what the gaming standards organization, gaming boards and IGT allow them to do
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 07:52:57 AM by Foster » Logged

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2014, 02:08:06 PM »

If Blueridge can't help you, there are other vendors or even eBay (last resort) to find a ID022/023 unit. I wouldn't even CONSIDER downgrading to a DBV200.

greghig

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2014, 02:43:37 PM »

UPDATE:    (thanks CVSlots, you nailed it)

Just talked to JCM, I explained the situation to him and he did acknowledge who ever worked on it should NOT have updated the ID. He also repeated what you said that the software is owned by IGT and cannot update it with the old software without special permission from IGT.

The tech said under the circumstances (and aparently this has happen a few times over the years), he said he was pretty dure he could get this permission as it was not a software issue when it came in and it was their mistake. The catch is it would not accept the new colored $100 bill, but that is fine as my customer was using a old small head $100 bill to add the credits anyway.

Man, this has been fustrating. Grrr....

More to come i'm sure....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.