Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 05:18:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT S+ Button lighting
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT S+ Button lighting  (Read 2979 times)
clizifer
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: February 05, 2014, 04:01:54 AM »

ok so i have 5 different s+ slot machines and ive noticed that the buttons on each one light up in different ways. for example on 2 machines the credit/cash out buttons flash and on the others they just stay lit. on some of them the insert coin light flashs on others it just stays lit. i have one where the bill acceptor light just stays on where the others flash. and lastly on one of the machines the bet one and bet max buttons dont light up when there is credits in the machine. ive tried working bulbs and still nothing. im curious is there something in the settings that changes these lighting features or is it set by the game chip? let me know, id be interested in setting them so that they are all the same if possible. thanks
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 12:12:06 PM »

The SP chip and how the machine is programmed determines many of the things you described.  However:

- The bill acceptor bezel should never flash.  It should remain lit (steady) when the machine is ready to accept a bill, and turn off when the machine is not ready to accept a bill.  As such, if you're playing a machine constantly, it may appear to slowly "flash" on and off as the bill acceptor is disabled while the reels are spinning, and then is re-enabled after the game is completed.

- The "Insert Coin" lamp may flash with certain SP chips to indicate that a door had been opened and then recently closed.  That flashing should stop after one paid game has been completed.  (This is similar to the lower candle flashing rapidly after a door has been closed, until the next paid game is completed.  It simply varies by SP chip.)

- As far as your machine where the Bet One and Max Bet buttons aren't lighting up when there are credits, I would suspect bad bulbs or wiring or poor wiring connections.  I can't imagine that the SP chip would cause those to not light up when you'd expect them to, but the ultimate test would be to try a different set of chips (or swap boards with one from a machine that behaves as you expect it to) to see if there's any difference.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
clizifer
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 10:25:11 PM »

ok, now that youve explained it it looks like your right. the bill acceptors that flash are ones that arent currently working and the insert coin only flashes after the doors been opend like you said. my only isuue now is the bet one and bet max buttones not lighting up on the one machine. ive tried different buttons and bulbs and still cant get it to work. im going to check for voltage at the bulb next and then i guess i should try a board swap. could it be a faulty chip on the board or something?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.