Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 10:31:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  help with an odd PAR sheet
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: help with an odd PAR sheet  (Read 4574 times)
Ssmlt3
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: February 20, 2014, 12:35:55 AM »

I was searching PAR sheets in the IGT Bible for 2CM Double Dollar machines, looking to change my chip.  Pulled up SS3035.   It has a 16.6% payback?  What did I come across?  Any ideas or theories?

* SS3035.txt (9.16 KB - downloaded 198 times.)
Oscar Pompa
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 16

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 02:46:45 AM »

whaaAATTT???   Duh!   interesting info !!  I searched for the PAR sheet and its correct...  WTF ??   Cry Laughing

i want it !!  jajajaja   hissy fit bawling hissy fit bawling

* ss3035.pdf (15.3 KB - downloaded 241 times.)
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 03:44:21 AM »

Wow, did you find an error! I wonder how it's gone so long without notice.  +1 (Karma, or whatever)

That PAR sheet is complete garbage. Notice that there are NO cherries and NO jackpot symbols on the machine at all.

At a quick glance it appears that the payback percentage is probably correct for the symbol weightings listed, but of course, if the chip were made that way it would be a completely illegal gaff - and one that wouldn't work since no one would EVER hit any jackpot symbol or cherry at all and would hardly ever get paid anything. People would rebel. I'd envision bloodshed at the bar and cocktail waitresses ducking flying glass...  rotflmao rotflmao

You can see the error down below as well. The physical stop listing is missing data for position 8 (the jackpot) and position 22, which was probably supposed to be the cherry. It's also interesting that the order of the rest of the symbols is completely wrong for that game, as checked against the valid PAR sheets. The detailed (virtual) symbol listing expands on this error, incorrectly listing 32 lines with 30 valid lines of data, but not contiguous data. Note the hole for the JP at position 12. The virtual breakdown at the top and in the payout details clearly indicate only 30 virtual stops per reel.

My guess is that a tech was messing around with the program that generates the data for the PAR sheets and printed the thing with those values. The program would have then used those numbers to automatically calculate the rest of the sheet. How it ever got out is beyond me.

The IGT bible lists SS3035 as having a payback of 97.13%.  If I can find that chip I'll post a confirmation or will refute it. Give me a few minutes...

StatFreak garfield

<EDIT> Added chip number for reference.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 03:51:32 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
StatFreak

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 03:50:13 AM »

Hmm.  Nope. Scratch Head

I don't have SS3035. Now I have to wonder if it's out there in the wild at all? Who knows, maybe the chip was also F#$%d up.

Has anyone ever seen this chip?

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Oscar Pompa
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 04:20:40 AM »

I got the file from IGT's page
StatFreak

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 05:18:59 AM »

I got the file from IGT's page

You mean the PAR sheet, right?

Okay, this just keeps getting weirder. I don't have SS3035 but I DO have RS3035 for the S slot. Usually, they are supposed to basically be the same data program (payback, strips, etc.)

I didn't do a full analysis on the chip, but it is a 64 stop game with all of the symbols intact and the right payout structure. I'm not positive, but it appears to have the payback listed (in the data) as 93.64%, which doesn't match the 97.13% listed in the bible for the SS3035.  Scratch Head Scratch Head

The only way to verify the payout percentage for the RS would be to tear into the data, reconstruct it in Excel and then do all the math. I did take a long look at the data in the chip but I'm too lazy to go the whole nine yards right now. One thing is certain: the chip definitely has jackpot and cherry symbols and they are properly mapped, so all payouts will occur.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 05:25:07 AM by StatFreak » Logged

StatFreak

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 05:45:50 AM »

I have now confirmed that the symbols in the RS3035 chip match the ABB strip order for the Double Dollar 2cm game in the bible as listed in the PAR for SS3036.

StatFreak

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 06:46:13 AM »

Okay, I pulled the data from the chip and put it into Excel but I didn't setup a sheet to calculate the number of combinations of payouts multiplied by amounts. In other words, I didn't calculate the payback. However, If one compares the number of symbols of each type to the PAR for SS3036, which has a payback of 94.879%, it's clear that RS3035 pays better, so 97% is probably right.

You can see the differences in the number of symbols of each type per reel. RS3035 has fewer blanks and more 2Bs, and 3Bs. The number of 1Bs, CHs and DDs remain the same.

If SS3035 does exist in the wild, it will most certainly match the RS3035 at 97% and won't be anything like the garbage in that PAR sheet IGT put out.

I've attached my half done spreadsheet and the PAR for SS3036 for comparison.

StatFreak garfield

* SS3036.txt (10.17 KB - downloaded 158 times.)
* RS3035.partial.zip (5.18 KB - downloaded 212 times.)

Oscar Pompa
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 09:59:00 PM »

well...  i checked the PAR sheet for SS3036 and its like you said, so the one for SS3035 should be the same.... i think its a mistake from IGT, some kind of experiment, or maybe its the Eprom specially design for that machine that appears in the Vegas Journal, the one with 20 years and 2.3 m dollars jackpot !!
StatFreak

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 06:55:51 AM »

well...  i checked the PAR sheet for SS3036 and its like you said, so the one for SS3035 should be the same.... i think its a mistake from IGT, some kind of experiment, or maybe its the Eprom specially design for that machine that appears in the Vegas Journal, the one with 20 years and 2.3 m dollars jackpot !!

It's definitely a mistake. You can use the symbol order and count from my partial RS sheet for the SS3036 if you want to know how it's set up; that data should be fine. Calculating the payback really isn't necessary since it's already listed, but the information necessary to do it is in there if you want to figure out the number of combos for every winning combination.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.