Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 08:22:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Double Diamond Machine
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Double Diamond Machine  (Read 4785 times)
Sprky
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: February 23, 2014, 02:30:00 PM »

Need help. I replaced the 3.6 battery on the CPROM board, 61 code came up, held the button in for a reset then 61-1 came up, turned the rest key and it looked okay. But when I put the tokens in they slide right through and fall in the payout tray. Can anyone tell me what else I need to do?  Appreciate it.
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 02:42:07 PM »

Door closed and latched when you turned the JP key?
It must be closed and latched when you turn the JP key.

Did the reels spin and stop on non-winning combination after you turned the key?
Most themes 3 blanks at the reel strip overlap or one symbol will land on the payline if theme pays on 3 blanks.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 02:47:38 PM by Foster » Logged

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Sprky

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 03:00:03 PM »

I did not close the door. I removed the "eyes", closed the door almost all of the way and held the "eyes" together and taped the white push button switch all the way in.  The reels all spinned after I pushed several buttons and all 3 reels stopped between bar and 7's.  Kept going back to same position no matter how many times I pushed the button?
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 03:25:28 PM »

WHY did you remove the eyes?  Scratch Head If the machine responds by "touching the eyes together", then the optics are working, therefore, I don't understand why they were removed? Don't "fix" things that aren't broke...

What is your display showing? I do not understand the "after I pushed several buttons" the reels spun. Until a NEW game is played, with a COIN, the reels will ALWAYS return to the same position.

Sprky

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 09:58:43 PM »

I had issues with the door closing due to age and out of alignment. I had to replace some screws and anchors that hold the "slide bar" against the door and I could not get the bar to slide down and lock in position. This is why I manually aligned the eyes.
  Display was showing 61-1 then turned the reset key and it cleared. After that is when I put the tokens in and they just slide right down in to the payout tray.
CVslots

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 10:08:46 PM »

Has this machine ever worked properly for you? Or is it new to you?

Is the Insert Coin light coming on? Is there a Coin/Token in the comparitor?

Sprky

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 10:27:45 PM »

Yes the machine has worked fine for over 8 years I owned it. It stopped about 4 weeks ago just out of the blue. I just replaced the 3.6 battery and I thought that would fix it. The Insert Coin light is not on. Not sure what the comparator is sorry. There is a lot of "clicking" that is coming from where the bill collector 2 wiring harnesses are if this helps. This sometimes does not happen.  ???
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 02:35:49 PM »

It's possible that the Insert Coin bulb is burned out.
Test it with a multimeter for continuity to see if it's any good or try another known-working lamp in the "Insert Coin" socket.

Try to re-install the door optics back onto the door where they're supposed to be.
You know they're working correctly when the "Coins Played" light goes out momentarily when the door latch if fully in the downward locked position.

The sounds coming from the bill validator is normal.
The bill acceptor runs through a series of setups to ready itself for bill acceptance when it is powered up and the door is closed.

Repair the door latch so that it closes correctly against the cabinet pins.
Sometimes the door just needs a subtle lift to get the door latch to hook onto & grab the cabinet door pins.
The door piano hinges are getting worn out from someone in the past slamming the door too much.
It's too bad tho because the door gets a little out of square and the hinges begin to sag a bit.
I find it funny to watch floorpersons slamming heavy doors that contain so much electronics when all that's needed is a little lift on the door handle latch to close completely.
CVslots

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 04:38:07 PM »

The coin comparitor is a black box hanging inside the door (it below where the coins drop in on the front). There should be a coin/token VISIBLE to you there. Many times, these are removed if machine malfunctions, as someone will think its jammed and remove it. The machine cannot operate without it.

We have a machine returning tomorrow that exhibits the same symptoms. We've already changed the MPU and motherboard to no avail. We are thinking it may be the darn motherboard harness, as symptoms are erratic. I will keep an eye on your post and let you know what we find if you don't find a resolve first.  yes Otherwise, I might steal your fix for our game!  rotflmao

Roz

Sprky

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 09:16:12 AM »

Do you know of any repair companies that service Indianapolis Indiana?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.