Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 05:08:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  How to Quiet Noisy Reels
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How to Quiet Noisy Reels  (Read 38811 times)
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 624

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2009, 10:32:36 PM »

Very nice!  Hail
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2009, 12:02:34 AM »

You know, for all of the information that they give about stepper motors, they don't mention the slot machine anywhere on the page...

They do now.   propeller

Boy, the Riff Raff they let edit web pages nowadays. Tongue Out rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

Good job Kevin. Hail That'll teach 'em to ignore the gaming industry. yes  applause applause

Hmm, I think that I give out too much karma.Scratch Head 3  Every time I go to click on someone's "Green Arrow" I get a rude message.
Next time I'll try "The Shadow", instead. He knows.. stir the pot / get cooking    arrow bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2009, 01:01:05 AM »

Stayouttadabunker...thank you so much for the tutorial and photos.  I ran through your method step by step on my 20 year old IGT Jackpot Jungle machine, and I can't believe how quiet the reels spin now!  This should be a sticky in my opinion. 

Thanks again!

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2009, 02:14:29 AM »

LOL...I learned these from reading stuff right here on NLG !
I cannot accept any credit for these fixes...all I did was pass 'em along!
I'm so happy you got those reels working better!  yes
StatFreak

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2009, 10:29:42 AM »

... This should be a sticky in my opinion. 

yes

I changed the subject as well.

SF garfield
nlg  Global Moderator

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
slot monkey
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 402

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2009, 08:08:08 PM »

I just completed the procedure that Bunker described on my reels and they are alot quieter now. Thanks for the pics Bunker and a thanks to whom ever came up to the ideas. Now I can play at night without waking up everyone in the tree house. yes
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2009, 09:51:10 PM »

Any chance of posting that secret super quiet reel fix here for others to see?
Or do I have to pass the secret handshake first. high five

To quiet my reels I usually just turn up the speaker volume. stir the pot / get cooking

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2009, 11:14:06 PM »

Any chance of posting that secret super quiet reel fix here for others to see?
Or do I have to pass the secret handshake first. high five

I'll give you the link, even though you didn't do the secret handshake.  In fact, you're on the right message thread for it -- just on the second page of it!  You need to go back to the first page, or for simplicity, just click here.

To quiet my reels I usually just turn up the speaker volume. stir the pot / get cooking

Amen.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2009, 12:43:56 PM »

Mark, works for me too! K+

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2009, 01:08:44 AM »

Robert    Here is another link     check the date!   no secret handshake needed    just try to help out when I can

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
a69mopar
647-402-1977

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2009, 01:21:13 AM »

I just saw this Bunker, K+ from me too.

Thanks,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
mkd3b
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 12

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2010, 08:52:29 PM »

You know, for all of the information that they give about stepper motors, they don't mention the slot machine anywhere on the page, but they do mention floppy drives. Duh! no
    If you notice the link for applications slot machines are listed there with other apps

ArtD
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2010, 11:52:41 PM »

Ya mean this?
You guys have bad eyes! lol>>>>

Applications

Computer-controlled stepper motors are one of the most versatile forms of positioning systems. They are typically digitally controlled as part of an open loop system, and are simpler and more rugged than closed loop servo systems.

Industrial applications are in high speed pick and place equipment and multi-axis machine CNC machines often directly driving lead screws or ballscrews. In the field of lasers and optics they are frequently used in precision positioning equipment such as linear actuators, linear stages, rotation stages, goniometers, and mirror mounts. Other uses are in packaging machinery, and positioning of valve pilot stages for fluid control systems.

Commercially, stepper motors are used in floppy disk drives, flatbed scanners, computer printers, plotters, slot machines, and many more devices.

Some people looking for generators for homemade Wind Turbines found success in using stepper motors for generating power
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2010, 12:35:54 AM »

Did you guys not see reply #24?   frying pan

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
a69mopar
647-402-1977

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2010, 12:40:22 AM »

You know, for all of the information that they give about stepper motors, they don't mention the slot machine anywhere on the page...

They do now.   propeller

Ya mean this?
You guys have bad eyes! lol>>>>

I had to do it.....

W

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2010, 01:11:11 AM »

I wear glasses and have pocket protectors  Nerd...be careful!  boss  lol
StatFreak

« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2010, 05:23:33 AM »

I wear glasses and have pocket protectors  Nerd...be careful!  boss  lol

I wear pockets and have glass protectors  Bulb Drinking Wine   ...be silly! Crazy Weird Eyes  Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

ckc
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2010, 10:15:29 PM »

well thoses were nice little tricks here!
poppo

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2010, 11:05:37 PM »

A couple of cautions and notes on the tape portion of this fix. If the reel is already a tight fit on the shaft, be very careful with using the tape. You may get the reel almost all of the way on, and then it can get stuck making it very difficult to get back off. Yes it happened to one of mine. I should have left it alone when I noticed that it was already a lot tighter on the shaft than the other ones.

Also, the shafts on stepper motors are not 'bonded' to the armature. So when you go banging on the retaining  clip to make it tighter. you can actually push the shaft through the motor which will cause the reel to bind. If this happens, you can tap the shaft from the opposite side of the motor to move it back. The end of the shaft (rear of stepper motor) should be flush with the motor housing. If it is sticking out beyond the housing, it needs to be tapped back. This binding can be another cause of motor noise or the motor not turning at all.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2010, 12:33:04 AM »

You don't really have to bang on the spring retaining clips at all really -
I just push them snug with my fingers.  yes
Of course, I remember breaking 7/8th inch bolts with a socket wrench
on high-steel skyscrapers at one time too... rotflmao
Problem with nuts breaking is that when they roll off the edge of the building -
you don't know what they're going to hit 80 floors below... Silly Me!
poppo

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2010, 01:42:15 AM »

I agree, it does not need to be more then finger tight. There were just a few posts suggesting to give the clip a good whack, which 'can' move the shaft. I already knew this from using other stepper motors, but when I was trying to remove my stuck wheel by tapping on the reel side of shaft, the shaft started moving.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2010, 01:55:06 AM »

Good stuff poppo!   yes
You learn something new all the time!  applause Clap
StatFreak

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2011, 08:02:50 PM »

Of course, I remember breaking 7/8th inch bolts with a socket wrench
on high-steel skyscrapers at one time too... rotflmao
Problem with nuts breaking is that when they roll off the edge of the building -
you don't know what they're going to hit 80 floors below... Silly Me!

I guess when "George" turns up missing at lunch, you'll know what it hit.  Crazy Duh! frying pan 
"For sale: One slightly used hard hat. Previous owner retired. Has a small hole in the top, but otherwise in great condition."

I know. Bad Stat  Spank    rotflmao rotflmao

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2011, 09:36:34 PM »

These guys are really dumb...lol
I would never want to get hit with a frying pan... frying pan >>>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ev5A_C25pUY&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/ev5A_C25pUY&rel=0</a>
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2011, 10:11:52 PM »

Back to the subject of this thread...  Smiley

I was talking to a friend of mine about Bunker's method, and he said that all he does is put some glue between the two "halves" of the reel basket (in the middle, where they come together, slightly closer to the center of the reel than Bunker's zip ties) and that works to quiet them, quickly and easily.  Food for thought.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.