Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 03:28:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  65-3 Code Won't Clear
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 65-3 Code Won't Clear  (Read 7699 times)
Jake777
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 18

« on: October 03, 2008, 12:11:20 AM »

Hi All

Need some help in clearing a 65-3 code. Here's how it all started. I was playing along one night and my S+ goes into a tilt and the reels are moving slow the errror code is 43-3. I opened the door and closed the code did not clear. After looking through the forum I did a ram clear got the code 999. i went throught the steps will the set prom. in the end I get the 61-1 code and "ding". When I close it all up turn the jackpot reset key one time I get the 65-3 code. Anybody had this problem before or ideas on getting out of it.
tjkeller
NLG Translator
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 374

What???...Where???...Huh???

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 12:22:15 AM »

65-3 = EPROM/Game Data Changed

I have had this error before (long time ago) and can't remember exactly how I cleared it but here is what my notes say:

Close Door - Turn reset key
Error Code 65-1 or 65-2 appears in display
Follow 65-1 or 65-2 clear process

Hope this works!

Travis

Thank God for Friends!!!
Jake777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 12:32:56 AM »

Thanks

The code that shows up after the reset key is 65-3 is that a different code, I don't see a 65-2 or 65-1 it just goes to the 65-3 code.
tjkeller
NLG Translator

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 12:42:47 AM »

65-3 does not change to 65-1 or 65-2 with another turn of the key?

I'm trying to remember how I cleared it before. I should've written better notes! Duh!

TK

Thank God for Friends!!!
tjkeller
NLG Translator

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 01:31:27 AM »

Jake, I can't find any info on this error in any of the S+ Manuals.
This said, here is where I found my info on this code:
http://www.ohiogaming.com/igterrorcodestroubleshooting.htm (courtesy of Ohio Gaming)

Now, as I vaguely recall having this error before, I can't remember if I dinked around with the
reset button and/or reset key until I got a different code which I could clear OR for some reason
I think I may have just popped one of the boards out of my other machines (without changing chips)
and went through the process of reset as if I were installing THAT game. After that, I re-installed the
original board and chips and it went through fine the 2nd time around. I've done enough different things
it's hard to remember what worked for what. DARNED CRS SYNDROME!!! Duh!

You might even try powering just off & on again if you haven't already.

Perhaps somebody else here will chime in with some info. Rest assured you can get past this error. I did...just
wish I would have written down how! frying pan

Thank God for Friends!!!
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 01:49:04 AM »

65-3 is need to update meters, (newer software w/ older mpu) turn JP reset again ( with door still closed), then probably will go to 65-2 (or 65-1), open door press and hold self test for a second until code clears, attached ia a doc we made for a reel chip install that covers the clearing  in generic terms

* REEL_CHIP_INSTALL_INSTRUCTIONS.doc (24.5 KB - downloaded 234 times.)

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
tjkeller
NLG Translator

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 02:02:34 AM »

I did eventually find this in an IGT Manual

* 65-3.jpg (141.78 KB, 980x579 - viewed 457 times.)

Thank God for Friends!!!
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 06:43:38 PM »

We have 65-3 and how to resolve it in the "Common IGT Errors" part of the FAQ's of the site.   propeller

Here's a direct link to the page.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Jake777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 11:37:52 PM »

WOW   Thanks Everyone

I followed the directions and I have recovered from the 65-3 code. Machine reset but bill valaditor did not power up. I did a set chip procedure and that is now back on. Through all of this I lost the reel sounds, coin drop and payoff sounds are present. I have had to turn the reel sounds on once before but I can't remember how I did it. Anybody care to walk me through turning the reel sounds back on.

Thanks Brian
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 03:48:29 AM »

Through all of this I lost the reel sounds, coin drop and payoff sounds are present. I have had to turn the reel sounds on once before but I can't remember how I did it. Anybody care to walk me through turning the reel sounds back on.

It depends on your SP chip, but this should work:

With no credits on the machine, open the door, press the white self-test button twice.  The "Winner Paid" window should show a 2, and the "Credits" window will be 0.  Press the "Spin Reels" button once to change the "Credits" to a 1.  Press the self-test button once more to lock it in (may or may not be necessary, but it couldn't hurt), then close the door.  You should now have reel spin sounds.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Jake777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 09:36:24 PM »

Again,,, You guys are right on the money, I have reel sounds. Thanks again I now have a fully functioning machine again.

Brian................
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 09:21:36 PM »

We are all very happy that you got it working again!...now...pics please!!! Tongue Out
Jake777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2008, 12:40:38 AM »

Here's the best pic I have of the bad boy. Don't know what happened but it's back to normal.  Guess I should stand back alittle and get the whole machine in the frame. Thanks Again All..............

Edited to make the picture smaller so it didn't take five monitors to display it when it was enlarged.  propeller
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 05:04:00 AM by knagl » Logged
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2008, 05:05:03 AM »

Nice looking game -- glad to know it's up and running well for you!   applause

tjkeller
NLG Translator

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2008, 02:02:30 PM »

I have that game too! 3CM Triple Bonanza.
It is my Brother's favorite...he likes the old western theme.
I like it because it is a 3 x multiplier PLUS has the additional wilds.

Nice job getting it going again. NOW you know a little more about keeping it going!  Wink

Keep Spinning!

TK

Thank God for Friends!!!
Jake777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2008, 01:29:04 AM »

It is a fun game and has been a challenge, but that's the thrill of the hobby (Opps obsession). My wife wants me to look into a video type slot next. I'm sure I will need help if one of those hip-ups. I am learning very much from you all in helping keep my two IGT's and two Bally's running.

Brian
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.