Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:29:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT S+ Program Question
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT S+ Program Question  (Read 4393 times)
slotsman
« on: October 30, 2008, 01:33:46 PM »

I cannot seem to find where to set the 2 jackpot settions, my glass on 4th July machine (chip 4170) has 500 and progressive on glass that are changeable, and what to know where to set the values for the two, does anyone know where this is set?
Ozzy
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 254

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 01:58:51 PM »

If it is a stand alone machine with no progressive system attached to it your awards are 500 and 5000, you need to replace the "Progressive" decal with a 5000 decal. The machine cannot run as a stand alone progressive without peripheral equipment connected (mikohn)

cheers

Ozzy
slotsman
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 02:08:24 PM »

Thanks,  I was assuming it was setable because of the stickers, I also assume the Mini Proton works in this machine, it has the 731 chip?  Im told it only need that and switch 5 turned on, is this also correct?  Ive seen the boards on ebay but no brackets.
Ozzy
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 254

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 02:22:12 PM »

Thanks,  I was assuming it was setable because of the stickers, I also assume the Mini Proton works in this machine, it has the 731 chip?  Im told it only need that and switch 5 turned on, is this also correct?  Ive seen the boards on ebay but no brackets.

AHHHHHHH so you have a mini photon connected in place of a normal Prog Decal, in that case you bee to follow the setup procedure in the PSR for SP731, page 6 and 7.

sorry for the confusion.

cheers

Ozzy

* SP731.doc (368.91 KB - downloaded 595 times.)
dpalmi
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 02:49:44 PM »

Hello!

Yes - you could use a mini photon with either a single progressive or a double progressive (would need 2 displays).  SP731 does not require a Set chip to enable it - just have to set the DIPs on the CPU board.  I just had an auction up for this exact board WITH the bracket on eBay - but I just sold it this morning to someone else here on NLG....sorry!

Dan #2

* 7549_1.jpg (14.23 KB, 400x178 - viewed 436 times.)

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 09:36:51 PM »

That bracket has to be one of the most simplest
things to make out of a few parts from Home Depot or your local hardware store!
Use your imagination!!!!!You wouldnt need the whole bottom plate.
All you have to do is make sure the board doesnt ground by touching top box floor.
The meter holder can consist of two uprights perhaps screwed to the top box floor with a couple of self tapping screws.
An easier way may be some velcro or two sided tape.
dpalmi
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 12:55:09 PM »

That bracket has to be one of the most simplest things to make out of a few parts from Home Depot or your local hardware store!

Hello!

I agree it would be easy to make a similar stationary bracket - the nice thing with this was you can adjust it left or right and up and down - so when you want to change games kits, very easy to adjust the display to match the kit.  If you don't ever change the game - then yes, no big deal...

Dan #2
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 05:58:57 PM by dpalmi » Logged

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 05:57:12 PM »

All you have to do is make sure the board doesnt ground by touching top box floor.

On the left side of my S+ top box there are four machine screw sockets.  They're metric threads -- I don't know the size, though.  Anyway, the four sockets are placed perfectly to be used with the four holes on the photon board.  You can secure the board to the side of the cabinet and never have to worry about it again.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.