Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:40:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Code 51 ERROR CODE ( Yes 51 )
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Code 51 ERROR CODE ( Yes 51 )  (Read 5936 times)
Frank A
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 50

Pinball & Sailing

« on: September 15, 2008, 11:12:07 PM »

I am hoping that by reposting my problem someone may see this and have some idea as to what to do. I have a 5 line Haywire. ( See label photo) with an error code 51 on the horizontal lighted display. Yes 51. All lights work in the display. The CPU board is on the left. I have attached a close up of the chips too. I can only clear the 51 by pressing the white test button, flipping the jackpot reset once and closing the door. I installed a bell and cannot program it to ring like my other IGT + machines. I also would like to program it to cash/credit instead of having it spit out coins all of the time. The music doesn't sound when the reels spin either. I have tried a few combinations on the dip switches without any luck. If I change the chip to a 1271 the lighted display goes dark. This is a real challenge to the forum members use their imagination to help me solve these issues. I would be willing to change out the whole mother board/CPU set up if I can get it to work with the lighted display and to be able to program as needed on the bell, cash/credit, music etc. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Frank A

* Haywire Front 2.jpg (352.62 KB, 1024x1536 - viewed 447 times.)

* Haywire Label.jpg (1005.27 KB, 1536x1024 - viewed 372 times.)

* Haywire CPU.jpg (1262.01 KB, 1536x1024 - viewed 333 times.)

* CPU Board close.jpg (981.89 KB, 1024x1536 - viewed 409 times.)

Frank A
5playleisure
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 05:22:13 PM »

Hello!  I also have an error code 51 - which doesn't seem to be a very common error?

Could you please explain to me how you 'reset' your machine so I can try with mine.  I looked for a reset switch or button, but couldn't find one inside my machine. 

On the side of the cabinet, there is a key hole - this has two wires attatched to the back of it, and is around the same position as the key hole that is used to turn the power off (on the right hand side).  I'd be grateful for an explanation as to what this does, as my machine didn't come with a key!

Many thanks!!
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 05:33:39 PM »

Frank, if you have other S+ machines working, can you put the MPU board from the "error 51" machine into a known working one to see if you still get the same error?  Also are the other working ones the same type or the newer S+ types?

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
Frank A
Contributing NLG Member

Pinball & Sailing

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 08:42:04 PM »

Rickhunter:They are the newer  machines. When I change CPU boards the horizontal display doesn't light because there is a newer chip that doesn't support the LCD display. I will try it again just for the heck of it. I will post what happens.

5playleisure:The way I reset is to push the white reset button once. The reset button is found on the left side of the older machines directly in front of the CPU tray. Look under the wires that go to the buttons on the door. It is between two white plastic harness assemblies, so search for it. The wires come out of the CPU assembly on the left side of the cabinet. Look for a small white push button and push it once. Then while the door is still open, flip the jackpot key once and close the door. The machine should reset. PM me at fara3@optonline.net and I will talk you through it on my cell phone.

Frank A

Frank A
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 10:38:04 PM »

Frank,
Keep on posting and updating us as to what is happening to your machine.
The more info, the better.
I am very sure well all help ya get it going again!
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 12:43:29 AM »

Rickhunter:They are the newer  machines. When I change CPU boards the horizontal display doesn't light because there is a newer chip that doesn't support the LCD display. I will try it again just for the heck of it. I will post what happens.

Frank A

What I'm interested in knowing regarding the board swap, is if the machine will play correctly with the board.  You could always move the game chips into the known working board to see what happens.  Incidentally, the other guy with the error 51 has sp1045 chips on his machines, fairly new.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 12:54:28 AM »

I just noticed something on your chips...
They were made for the US Army...?
That could explain the very low chip number.
I remember seeing some posts about those army chis a while back in on the old website.
I'd do a search on the old website for "army" and see what comes up...
maybe that'll help ya get some info.

5playleisure
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 06:41:48 AM »

Many thanks for the replies guys, especially to Frank A, who offered to call me from his cell phone.

Frank: I think you may change your mind when you realise a mobile call from yourself, to me in the UK, may cost a small fortune    Grin

I'll give the reset a try and see what happens!

J
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 05:24:13 PM »

I'd do a search on the old website for "army" and see what comes up...

Perhaps "military" might be a good search term, too.  I haven't looked.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Frank A
Contributing NLG Member

Pinball & Sailing

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 06:37:40 PM »

I am glad ( sorry for the term usage ) that someone else at least has the same unheard of error code 51. I experimented for quite a bit of time to figure out how to at least get the game to play. Every time I turn the machine off I get the 51 Ram Error code. Did you find the reset white button buried under the harness wires ? I didn't realize that you were in the UK. My daughter spent a year at St. Hugh's College at Oxford when she was at Georgetown back in the 80's. We actually went punting and drank Pimm's Cup when we visited. Great country. We enjoyed the Cotswolds very much.
I have been trying to remember what happens when I change the CPU out. As I recall, I kept getting the 51 even with the change out. At that time someone said that it was the mother board with a bad something in it. If I could go back to the old posts I could find the thread and figure what happened. I haven't had a chance to experiment yet. I am in the middle of installing a home theatre system and my limited brain can only handle one project at a time so the slots are resting this week.They deserve some time off.  I work from 5:30 AM until 3:30, so my routine is to get home, shower, take a nap, start dinner for the family and then spend an hour or two at night on my fun and games projects. I will try and get to the Haywire soon. Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Frank A

Frank A
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 11:53:47 PM »

The latest non type 2 games the Army had using the scrolling display used the SP 1045 Game chip, that is what out latest games have in them, the 1045 is very hard to find but I know a source for it, it is not for the Haywire though

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
Frank A
Contributing NLG Member

Pinball & Sailing

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2008, 11:34:08 PM »

What would happen if I used the SP 1045 in this game with the 51 Ram error problem ? Would it solve the 51 issue and  give me music when the reels spin ? Do you have a manual that tells me how to change some of the programming like making the bell ring on every pay, changing to Cash/Credit option ? Now it pays on every win and I cannot build credits. It takes 5 coins and tells me to spin reels. Have you heard of the 51 Ram Error before ?  Thanks for the input.

Frank A

Frank A
Frank A
Contributing NLG Member

Pinball & Sailing

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2008, 09:46:01 PM »

Last night I had a little bit of time to play with the 5 coin Haywire. I finally got the music to play when the reels spin. Does anyone have any idea as to what I should try and do to get the bell to ring at all payouts and how to select the Cash/Credit option with the button lighting up ? I kept pushing the reset button until Reel Sounds Off came up on the horizontal display.  I wasn't sure which button or jackpot key flip would work so I kept experimenting until it selected Reel Sounds On. I have the instructions for an IGT + to make the two selections, but nothing on this display coresponds to those instructions. Any thoughts ?

Thank you,

Frank A

Frank A
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.