Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 09:11:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  1992 IGT Double Diamond Clear Chip Question
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1992 IGT Double Diamond Clear Chip Question  (Read 5170 times)
BJones
« on: August 10, 2010, 11:02:32 PM »

Hi, I have a question about an IGT Double Diamond from 1992.  It needed a battery replacement which I did, and now I need to use a clear chip.  I am wondering if mine will work on it.  The chip I have is for an S+, which looks a little different than this game.  This slot has the board mounted on the left side of the machine, and the off/on button at the bottom.  The board looks the same but I wanted to be double sure before I put the chip in.

Is this considered an S+ model and will the chip I have work on it as well?

Thanks,
Brandon
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 11:31:35 PM »

YES IT WILL WORK FINE . ITS S+

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 12:15:23 AM »

Brandon   You most likely will not have to use a clear chip!!  If you have a BV you will need a set chip.   machine sounds like a older S+ with no BV,  a couple of pic. will tell for sure.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
BJones
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 12:50:44 AM »

Thats exactly what it is Buzz!  It doesn't have a BV.
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 09:58:46 AM »

Brandon   You most likely will not have to use a clear chip!!  If you have a BV you will need a set chip.   machine sounds like a older S+ with no BV,  a couple of pic. will tell for sure.

I thought you said repeated times you dont know sh@t about slots Buzz !!!
you learn fast lmao !!-so i tossed you positive karma for trying lol
need more emails please -you know the type code >>x<<!!!

now lets sell Brandon a sidemount DBV so he can put bills in it ??

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 02:50:05 PM »

I won't sell him one, but I sure have one I'll give him !!  Something I should have thrown away years ago.

This belongs in the BS section but here goes. After yesterday I think I know even less about slots than I ever did. I was trying to make a backup of an SS6992 chip for a S+ I only have 3 or 4 blank 27C64 chips and couldn't get get a good burn on any of them, so figured what the hell try some 27C256 that didn't work either, OK next choice was 27C512 same results. My eraser holds about 40 chips and I had it turned on for hours.  After 3 or 4 hours of this BS a HUGE light bulb exploded above my head, I have sitting in my living room a S 2000 5 line Triple Diamond slot machine. What does it have but a SS6993 chip. Made a copy and installed it in a S+ 10 times pay, all I know for sure is it takes 5 coins and the reels go round and round and pays off on something not sure what. The very next time I looked in a mirror I said to myself, there is a dumb s__t looking back at you.  Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 01:36:30 AM by StatFreak » Logged

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 04:05:32 PM »

I had the same problem with a couple of chips.
I stuck them in the UV eraser for too long I think.
I can't get the programmer to tell they're blank.
Every time I do a "blank check" - there's like a couple of stubborn bytes that won't come out.
It's like they're in lock-down....lol
The programmer won't allow me to over-write anything onto them...arghhh!!

Anyways, I think if you forget and leave them in the eraser for too long...they fry?

My theory is that there's hundreds of little electric fences in there and the cows keep getting out... rotflmao
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 06:05:36 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 05:03:18 PM »

Anyways, I think if you forget and leave them in the eraser for too long...they fry?

Sounds about right to me.  From what I've been told, they can only be erased so many times before some of the components inside the chip melt or something and make the chip unusable.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 06:13:42 PM »

I did some digging around and found this little tidbit I've forgotten about.
Click on it to see better...>>>

* eprom erasure.png (86.9 KB, 468x248 - viewed 248 times.)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 06:18:47 PM »

I don't see any cows in here though...lol
Click on the magnified photo to make larger!>>>

* Inside an EPROM.jpg (168.56 KB, 754x600 - viewed 300 times.)
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 06:20:02 PM »

Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Re: New Programmer baby born at my house...
« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2009, 10:27:21 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The thing I mainly object to is HSW saying you can over-erase an EPROM. You cannot over-erase an EPROM. Once the charges are gone from the floating gate, you cannot remove any more charges, even if you leave it in the eraser for a year. I know where they got it from - you can over-erase a Flash ROM, because Flash is erased electrically by reversing the programming process and you must be careful not to leave the gate with a positive floating charge. But this isn't a danger with EPROMs.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2010, 06:23:34 PM »

I remember that Op-Bell clip, Buzz....I'm glad you found it.   yes
That was a very interesting post that he made.
However, the question remains...why can't we get the residual garbage outta our chips?
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 06:28:04 PM »

Bunker  If you go back a few post in that same thread, I think OP says it can be done with heat, but not something you can do at home. ( I think that's what he said ) At 50 cents each why mess with them?   Duh! Duh! Duh!

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010, 06:40:18 PM »

lol...my wife is going to have a lot to say about me baking eproms in her kitchen oven stove.  rotflmao

I agree with you though...some eproms are not that expensive.
I pay too much for mine because I get the new electrical erasable ones from mouser
even though I know I can get them cheaper with the slow boat from china.
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2010, 06:45:22 PM »

I won't sell him one, but I sure have one I'll give him !!  Something I should have thrown away years ago.

This belongs in the BS section but here goes. After yesterday I think I know even less about slots than I ever did. I was trying to make another member a SS6992 chip for a S+ I only have 3 or 4 blank 27C64 chips and couldn't get get a good burn on any of them, so figured what the hell try some 27C256 that didn't work either, OK next choice was 27C512 same results. My eraser holds about 40 chips and I had it turned on for hours.  After 3 or 4 hours of this BS a HUGE light bulb exploded above my head, I have sitting in my living room a S 2000 5 line Triple Diamond slot machine. What does it have but a SS6993 chip. Made a copy and installed it in a S+ 10 times pay, all I know for sure is it takes 5 coins and the reels go round and round and pays off on something not sure what. The very next time I looked in a mirror I said to myself, there is a dumb s__t looking back at you.  Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh! Duh!

DONT TOSS AWAY THE SIDEMOUNT BUZZ --I WILL TAKE IT OFF YOUR HANDS --  I STILL USE THOSE ON A COUPLE UNIQUE SLOTS & PLUS USE THEM IN GAME DESIGN MACHINES I DO .

we will talk later about that item or items ..

i said send emails code >>X<<< not forty emails in one shot ..lol

thats why old people should be rewired lol --I mean required to take skill test after 60 yrs old --although a few golf players just have balls bouncing around insde there head ...lol

I get back from doctors --i thought someone on NLG DIED !!!  I HAD SO MANY EMAILS ..LOL

thanks grandpa for sending them all .. what day is it today ??

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.