Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 08:36:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Anyone have pics of 16 inch top box vision?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone have pics of 16 inch top box vision?  (Read 5657 times)
jer3270
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 20

« on: October 01, 2012, 08:31:38 PM »

Hi, I want to convert my s2000 into a vision. I have gathered up a game kit and software,all the brackets,wiring ( thanks to tollguy Hail Hail) and a top box LCD/computer from Rudy's deals. Now I gotta figure out how it all goes in!! I found a few picks on a vision sound problem post and can make out how the brackets go in but it doesn't show how any of the wiring gets connected. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.All of you guys are very helpful and most of the vendors give a great deal on parts when you need them!! Thanks again!  Clap Clap Clap
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 09:40:55 PM »

The top glass...is it a center mount type?
jer3270
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 09:57:46 PM »

Hi Bunker, the brackets I put in sit in the right hand bottom. Would the wiring be the same for a center mount? That's what I need now. I put the brackets on, that's all good now.

* image.jpg (1378.29 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 268 times.)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 10:43:39 PM »

The wiring harnesses are exactly the same...sometimes the mounts are not though.
Sometimes there's different fluorescent lighting locations and configurations in the top box area.
I see that you have the LCD computer mounted on the right - I assume your game glass has right side display hole as well?
They make a small fluorescent bracket to light up the left side of the top box glass.
Can you post up a picture of your glass?
jer3270
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 10:47:59 PM »

Cool, thanks bunker. Now all I need is a couple pictures of wiring on one center or right side of box. I've never seen inside a vision so I don't know where any of the connectors connect. Thanks for the help!!

* image.jpg (1799.85 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 236 times.)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 10:58:31 PM »

That's yours right? In the sideways pictures?
If so, then you have the right setup to get the game going.
Now, you have to get all the wiring hooked up.

It's not too hard really.
The LCD computer needs power and communications hooked up to a couple of spots in the top box.
First, you DO need a power distribution board in the topbox.
I see you have it in your photo.

ok...!
1). The 10-pin connector from the LCD goes into any one of the four 10-pin connectors on the Power Distribution board...let's call it PDB okay? It looks like you gave an empty spot at the 3rd socket on that row on the PDB.

2). The square 4-pin Molex w/green and white wires from your twin speakers goes into the back of the LCD.

3). Finally, the harness with the grey wires goes into the 6-pin connector on the back of the LCD.
All the wires run along the top or back of the LCD to the PDB and speakers.

Here's some pictures to look at when I was building one...>>>

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=9855.0;attach=26642;image

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=9855.0;attach=26648;image
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 11:26:08 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
jer3270
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 11:06:23 PM »

Yes in the center on the back. Which wiring harness goes where on the LCD , power distribution board and sound? I have 5 harnesses and don't know where to connect them? Ha! But I got them!!

* image.jpg (1605.62 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 235 times.)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 11:27:58 PM »

ok let's get the main com and power harness hooked up...it is mostly green and orange wires.
10-pin 2-row White Molexs on each end, about 9 wires.

One end on the 3rd or 4th empty spot, bottom row on the PDB (doesn't matter which spot)
and the other end, into the back of your LCD.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 11:34:42 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
jer3270
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 12:18:26 AM »

For some reason it won't upload a picture. From your pictures I found the harness for the LCD with the 10 pin molex and the grey wires molex and plugged them in. The molex on the end of the wiring harness is a 9 pin square and will not plug into the PDB. The other is a 3 wire molex and I don't know where that goes. The only place I see the 9 pin molex would plug in is plug in lower left top box bottom coming from the cabinet harness that powers the printer. Can I plug it in there and loose the printer for now or no? Then I still need to know where the 3 pin would connect. Thanks for the help!!!
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 01:06:19 AM »

Yes...that is what you would call the "junction area" of the top box - the bottom back left corner.
Look at it has sort of an "extension cord" area that connects the bottom half of your machine to the top half.
You may plug into that but sometimes...further down the "extension" , it will still need power connected to the red wires for juice.
Your machine may already have it.
Try plugging anyways into that back corner with the 9-pin...you may get full power & communication between the LCD and the bottom half of your machine.

The 3-pin smaller Molex is really coming from the 6-pin Molex on the LCD - it's only utilizing three of the six pins.
That goes to the sound amplifier circuit board I believe.

Don't worry about the sound momentarily...right now, you want to get the LCD Communication working between the LCD computer and the machine's MPU...worry about the sound LAST!!!
There's some other things you will need to do to optimize your sound output...that's been covered here several times...
I will try to help but you can help yourself to using the search box and type in "LCD Sounds" to bring up some threads concerning the topbox LCD sounds. Several discussions have been brought up on those issues.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 01:13:51 AM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
jer3270
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 01:20:40 AM »

Ok, I'll give that a shot tomorrow. The 3 pin connecter I'm talking about is the one for the grey wires that come from the LCD next to the 10 pin molex. Same wiring harness.  Scratch Head
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 01:33:54 AM »

Like I said, I don't have my Vision kit installed at the moment ( I have a 5R game in it) but I will look into it
and try to come up with a better answer for you on that gray 3-pin harness.
For the moment, you do NOT need it to establish communications between the LCD computer and the machine.
However, you DO need to have all matching chips, LCD PCMCIA cards
and the correct OS installed in order to get it up and running.
Basically, a Vision LCD computer is like an old, 90's version of Windows.

1st, I want to see you get some sort of LCD display coming on
and then we can proceed further from that point...sound like a plan?
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2012, 03:21:58 PM »

the three wires you are talking about come from the power distribution module located on the backwall behind the hopper.  they should be coming out of the connector labeled  J-5-RS232 comm for LCD panel. they travel from there up to the interconnection panel between the cabinet and the top box. they terminate in a three pin connector. that is where you would plug in your three pin connector.

grey/black=com RXD
grey/brown=comTXD
grey/ yellow=GND.

hope this helps

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
jer3270
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2012, 04:13:30 PM »

Thanks Jim , I'll take a look when I get home. Does anyone know if I need a different PDB for the top box if I have the LCD and top box printer? Or a different wiring harness? I'm going to plug my LCD harness ( 9 pin box molex)  into the only port it will fit in the back left of the upper cabinet that supply's power to the printer when I get home as well. I'll post what happens ?!?! Thanks again!!
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2012, 04:41:41 PM »

double check all the wiring before you plug things in:  you should have 5 connections across the back of the display, from left to right they are: P/J3 audio in 2 pin connector, P9/J-2  audio out  4 pin connector, P/J89A  3 pin connector  RS232 comm, P/J3A  10 pin connector  Netplex 

audio in green/yellow  and white/yellow
audio out  white/blue,green/blue, white/green, green
RS232   grey/black, grey/brown, grey/yellow
netplex 
1=+25vdc  orange
2= b gnd    black/orange
3=netplex rst  green/black
4=netplex txd  green/brown
5=netplex vcc  green red
6= +13vdc  red
7= a gnd  black/red
8=netplex  rxd  green/orange
9=netplex gnd  green/blue
10=  n/c  no connection

hope this helps
Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
jer3270
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2012, 02:21:49 PM »

Just an update. Checked wiring and made connections last night and have power and sound to LCD. Going to swap software and try to get it going tonight. I'll let you know.I'm sure I'll have a million more questions before it's done. Thanks for all the help so far guys  Clap Clap Clap wouldn't have gotten this far without it !!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.