Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 08:47:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  machine stops working...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: machine stops working...  (Read 2705 times)
nilgaming
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« on: November 29, 2009, 01:22:53 PM »

Hi guys,

I need your knowledge and experience once more  Hail

i have an IGT S+ that was working fine until now.
when you play, after a while it stops working.
winner paid, credits... everything turns off, except  coins played that displays 0.
sometimes turning it off a few minutes makes it work again, sometimes it happens when you turn the machine on, sometimes after a few hours of play.

Power supply weakness ?
mother board problem ?
dead battery ?

any idea ?

thanks a lot guys,

Jay (the other one)

reho33
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 01:37:38 PM »

Sounds like a heat related issue, try to remove all the chips from the motherboard and cleaning the sockets with DeOxit (which you can get at Radio Shack) and reseating. Sometimes that helps. On mine, I had dry rotted wires so check for that also.

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 03:06:51 PM »

Check your fuses too...they should be quick blow type too.
I think they're okay because you're getting it to play again but it's always good to check.
top=8A
middle=6A
bottom=8A
Also, check your power harness that goes from the power supply to the motherboard.
Particularly check the area where the two green wires go into the molex.
Those are the ground wires. Bad grounds will cause all kinds of crazy things.

Pull the white molex off the motherboard, turn it around and
see if the white molex has discolored to a yellowish color.
That would mean that it's burning out inside of the molex and the
receptor pin that squeezes the motherboard pin is getting too weak to grip the pin any more.
When the machine stops working, wiggle that white molex and
see if it makes the display lights come back on...
if it does, then you've found your problem...also, that molex might be
a little warm so be careful not to burn your fingers.

Is the transformer humming a little louder than it used to be?
If so, you may need a new power supply.
The transformer, when heated up, causes mini arcs inside heating up even more.
I'm am very surprised the fuses aren't blowing out.
They are needed to protect your machine.
I'm getting the feeling you may have the wrong fuses installed?
nilgaming
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 06:52:58 AM »

thank you guys for your comments.
i can add that it works, suddenly stops working with '0' in the coin played display.
switch it off,and back on.
all the credit you had is now lost.

i will check this tonight.

anybody ever had the same experience ?

thanks a lot,

Jay (the other one)

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 12:49:19 PM »

If you're losing your credits, then I would also turn the machine off, pull out the MPU board.
Grab a multimeter and check the voltage on the battery.
If the multimeter shows less than 2 volts dc, then I'd replace it.
That battery helps keep your memory intact when the power goes off.
nilgaming
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 01:03:08 PM »

So it could be a dying battery...
interesting !
This would be the easiest thing to solve !
I'll check tonight,
many thanks guys !

Jay
(the other one)

Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 04:54:34 PM »

As long as you are checking things, I doubt its your battery, usually the machine will display a 12 code. If the bulb is good and the 25 cent denom. is on most likely the harness is ok, another reason if the board wasn't getting power, no display, but you are getting a 0 in the coins played window. I suspect that your door optics or cash can switch could be intermittent. next time it happens, before you do anything, open the machine and press the white test button and see if you can access the menus. If you can then all is working as it should, and for some reason the machine is seeing the door open and suspending operation. If you can get into the test menu, call up the input test, 10-1 displayed in the winner paid window, advance to 13-0, close door, and push down latch, observe the display the 0 should toggle between 0 and 1 , this is testing your door optics, as you pull up on the latch you will notice it stop toggling  this is where they are out of alignment, at the down  position you can jiggle the latch bar around and see if it stops working. If all is good here, then see if your cash can switch has been bypassed, if not I would do that.  try these suggestions and see what you come up with, and then we will go from there.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.