Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:25:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games.
| | |-+  Pe+ cmos data error
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pe+ cmos data error  (Read 4069 times)
jerry304
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 6

« on: November 04, 2010, 11:18:14 PM »

HI,
I just bought a PE+ upright video poker and when powed up it goes through the typical verifying game memory, then comes up with cmos data. I held in the white button and it does nothing. No ding, and the reset switch doesnt do anything. I then took a board out of another machine and tried it in this game and now the board which was working (super board with multi poker installed) is doing the same exact thing. I tried installing a denom set chip and it too, has no effect.

Any suggestions??

Jerry
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 02:57:59 AM by jerry304 » Logged
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 02:59:19 AM »

Congrats on your purchase!  I love the PE+.

As with the S+, please lock your clear chip in a safe and never use it unless instructed to do so here -- there's generally never a time that it's needed!

Some combination of the following should bring your game to life:

- Open the door and press the white "self test" button for about 5 seconds (as you did)
- Close the door.  Make sure that the "door open" message goes away -- if it doesn't, you'll never get past the error.  Let us know if you can't get the "door open" message to go away, and we can troubleshoot that.
- With the door closed and latched and the "door open" message gone, turn the jackpot reset key.

You may get another error, in which case repeat these steps and you'll be in business, or it'll already be brought to life.

Once you get the game up and running, then we can dink around with the bill validator.  I'll find my "how to use the set chip" post and add a link.

It looks like you edited your post after I posted, but my post still applies -- I think the step you may be missing is closing the door before you turn the jackpot reset key, and you may have to do the process twice (or really 1.5 times, I think).  Don't fret, we'll get you up and running, and don't bother with the SET chip (or the evil clear chip) until you get your game up and running -- it won't do you any good.

Once you DO get your game up, here are directions on how to use the SET chip: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=10093.msg87872#msg87872
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 03:06:14 AM by knagl » Logged

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
jerry304

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 03:04:39 AM »

I tried 10 times to reset the game. I never hear the ding and when the door is closed it always says door open. My other machine is a drop in and it uses a cherry switch. It too, stays on door open even when the plunger is pushed in or pulled out. Something very bad is going on here.
Sometimes the machine will say "game type". What kind of error is that?

Jerry
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 03:48:55 AM »

Jerry-

"Game Type" just means that it's noticed a different game chip on the MPU board from the last time it was working.  If you swap boards or chips, you'll get this error.

I tried 10 times to reset the game.

You will not get past any of the error screens without the machine seeing the door closed -- the message WILL go away if the machine is seeing it closed.  Are you sure your drop-in doesn't also have door optics?  Both of my drop-in PE+ machines have door optics on the top lid door as well as the belly door.

I take it that your upright has door optics?  Are you able to verify that they're hooked up and that the emitter is sending out a signal (use the viewfinder of a digital camera to verify)?  No obviously broken wires to the optics?  Does the machine have an internal or external bill validator?  If it's internal, is the cash can door closed firmly?  If it's an external (side-mount) validator, are all of the doors and the top lid closed and secured?

Are both of your PE+ machines stuck right now, or just one of them?  Do you have the belly door installed on your drop-in when you're trying to get past the door open error on that machine?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
jerry304

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 04:33:54 AM »

I have spent the last two weeks trying to figure this problem out. I don't think the problem is the door optics, since I can not get the "ding" after pushing and holding the white reset button. Tonight I noticed a nickel under the mother board in the area where the two cables plug in. I loosened the mother board and there were at least 10 nickels stuck in there. My theory is that these nickels may have shorted something out on the board. I put a known working board in the machine when I first got it, and that board now showing the same problem (unable to clear cmos error) when placed back into it's original cabnet.
Has anyone ever had a similar problem?

Jerry
jerry304

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 04:52:16 AM »

I finally figured out my problem. I read another post and the author described the same problem. He said he found a fuse blown. I assumed all  the fuses to be good since the machine was "working" just not able to be reset. Sure enough, the 7 amp fuse was blown on both my games. I can only assume the coins under the motherboard blewthe fuse, but I can't explain how or why the fuse in the drop-in blew. In any event both games are working.
I want to thank all who offered advice.

Jerry
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 05:14:31 AM by jerry304 » Logged
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 08:37:18 AM »

Very interesting.  Glad you got your games working, and thanks for posting the soultion.  yes

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.