Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 01:24:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  No Disp message in winner and credits paid
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: No Disp message in winner and credits paid  (Read 5658 times)
rickaaaer
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 10

« on: April 13, 2013, 04:03:45 PM »

Here is a brief history of this slot machine. It is a IGT S 2000. Trying to bring it back to life after being somewhat striped. It is a triple triple diamond.
I put all the parts in and turned it on after going trough all the steps I got main battery low. I changed out the battery an still got main battery low.
Thinking there might be a cold solder joint I removed the battery again and re-soldered it. Now I get no disp in the winner and credit paid.
I'm thinking there is something bad on the MPU. but I don't know what it might be. I'm hoping someone might know what it might be.

* no disp.JPG (79.58 KB, 478x640 - viewed 192 times.)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 04:21:06 PM by rickaaaer » Logged
tollguy316
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 226

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 04:25:23 PM »

Remove the BV  and then turn the game back on.   
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 499

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 04:30:16 PM »

I believe the main battery low is the coin type battery that slides into the holder (if you have the enhanced board) I had a NO DISP. on a machine one time and I think it had something to to with the wiring at the back of the BV.
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 04:47:50 PM »

We just had this problem last week. 98% of the fixes I found related to the BV, ours turned out to be the HOPPER. Still skeptical, we tried the hopper in a known working machine, and the NO DISP message popped up instantly in the winner/credits paid display. Once we switched hoppers in the original machine, all was good.

Here's a link to the post...

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=19083.0

Roslyn

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 04:55:46 PM »

I'm gonna be lazy, look at this thread. reply #6            http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=22534.msg179139#msg179139

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
rickaaaer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 04:58:28 PM »

BV?????? Not sure what that is.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 05:02:36 PM »

Bill Validator, pull the head and transport assembly out and turn the machine back on
rickaaaer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2013, 05:24:25 PM »

It just came to me what BV is. I don't have one put in yet.
rickaaaer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 07:53:03 PM »

Ok Guys I fixed the no disp message. I put the set 31 chip in turned the slot on then put the game chip back in. That problem went away, but the main battery low came back. I don't know what's up with that. I'm going to replace the MPU board .
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2013, 08:06:00 PM »

I make this mistake quite often, when I replace a battery, I forget to test the new battery I just soldered to the board.  Just because it was new doesn't mean it wasn't near dead.

Slot machines are strange sometimes, but I don't know why a Key chip would clear a error. That said you had to pull the board out to install the key chip. Take a real good look at the pins on the board where they plug into the mother board.  Maybe spray them with electrical cleaner. If you don't have any spray cleaner, get some because sooner or later it's going to be needed.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 08:13:47 PM by Buzz » Logged

rickaaaer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2013, 08:23:43 PM »

It is acting strange. The pins just might be the problem. So I will buy some cleaner an give that a try. I will keep you posted . Thanks for your help.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2013, 08:42:16 PM »

I have a Williams 550 if I have to pull the board out for any reason I have to spray the pins to get it to work again. This board was in a different machine and the problem followed the board.

rickaaaer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2013, 09:52:05 PM »

Well Buzz it just seem to fix it. I removed the board put it back in got no disp again. I'm going to spray the connectors an see what that does. Thanks for your help.
Will keep you updated.
rickaaaer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2013, 08:29:34 PM »

Buzz
I sprayed the MPU board and inside the cabinet. That seem to help ,but I'm still get the main battery low error. I think the Mpu board is draining the battery. I check the voltage on the battery before I put it in. It reads 3volts or better ,after a day or two the battery reads 2.6 volts. I'm planning on replacing the Mpu board and see if the helps.
rickaaaer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2013, 05:25:00 PM »

I got the new MPU board in it is different than the old one. It has the green battery on it and does not have the slots for a sound board. I put all the chips in an got a machine type mismatch. I tried to configure the machine type in key chip 1 ,but could not get to 7.1.6  ... Could the MPU board being different cause my problem?
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2013, 06:29:42 PM »

I got the new MPU board in it is different than the old one. It has the green battery on it and does not have the slots for a sound board. I put all the chips in an got a machine type mismatch. I tried to configure the machine type in key chip 1 ,but could not get to 7.1.6  ... Could the MPU board being different cause my problem?
No slots for sound board sounds wrong....got a picture of this new board?
rickaaaer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2013, 07:10:26 PM »

I got it working operator err. Thanks for repling. Ok replaced the MPU board worked my way through the key chip set up IT WORKS NOW. Coorslit I bought the chips for this machine six months ago or so. Im just now getting around to fixing it. Thanks to everyone for all your help.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 07:20:38 PM by rickaaaer » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.