Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 02:11:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games.
| | |-+  1987 Deuces Wild has speaker but no sound
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1987 Deuces Wild has speaker but no sound  (Read 5532 times)
cajunass21
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: March 01, 2011, 03:13:33 PM »

Hello,

I just received a 1987 Deuces wild poker machine and do not see a volume wheel on the oard nor do I find any options in the test menus.  It does have a speaker and appears to be connected.  I also show a "restart closure" on the bottom of the screen after opening the door but goes away after playing the first hand.  Is this a problem?  Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

* deuceswild.jpg (7.02 KB, 225x300 - viewed 425 times.)
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 04:47:36 PM »

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=6437.0

The above link may give you a idea on your lack of sound.  From the home page click on blue button ( Forum Index,)  then go down to Video Slots and click on either /or Fortune I  or II and you can find a ton of info. on your machine.  If you can't find a ans. to your question post back and someone smarter than I will be sure to give you a hand.

Welcome To NLG   

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
cajunass21

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 05:17:19 PM »

Thanks for the help. yes
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 05:33:02 PM »

Welcome to the site!

Can you post a picture of the machine with the screen on (to see the graphics on the screen)?  I guess it could be a Fortune II, but I thought your machine looked more like a PE or PE+ (although I trust Buzz's judgement, too -- he knows what he's talking about).  A picture of the inside of the machine with the door open would be great, too (or even one picture with the screen on and the door open would work).  If you can capture the "Play 5 Coins" text on the screen, that'd be fantastic as I can tell the machine software from that message.

As far as the "Restart" and "Closure" messages, those are perfectly normal.  "Restart" means that the game had been turned off and has since been turned back on (it's been restarted).  "Closure" means that the door was open but is now closed.  As you noted, those go away after one paid game has been completed.

After playing a few hands, if you were to open the door ("Door Open"), then close it again, you'd see the "Closure" message again (but not "Restart") as the door had been opened and then closed.  Again, that message goes away after the next paid game.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
cajunass21

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 06:03:15 PM »

Here is a game screenshot.  This machine does have an all metal cabinet if that means anything.  Any info you can give me on this would be fantastic since this is my first poker machine.  I will have to post another pic of the inside tomorrow as I dont have an of the inside yet.

Thanks. Hail

* deuceswildscreen.jpg (246.55 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 313 times.)
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 06:28:19 PM »

Kevin you might very well be right   PE/PE+.   

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 10:43:48 PM »

Actually, Buzz, I think you were correct.  After having a friend of mine look at this thread, he agrees that it's a Fortune II.  A picture of the inside would confirm it, but those graphics are definitely not PE+ (maybe PE, but I don't know the difference in graphics between a Fortune II and a PE -- I'm not sure when they changed).

Anyway, with its date and whatnot, we think Fortune II.  Is the processor board mounted horizontally above the monitor, cajunass21?  If so, if there is a sound board, it would be mounted above the hopper, upside down (ie. below the monitor).  A good picture of the machine with the door open would help to determine if you have the sound board installed or not.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
cajunass21

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 10:18:11 AM »

Here are a few shots with the door open.  The processor board is mounted vertically in the back of the cabinet.

* pokerinside.jpg (183.96 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 308 times.)

* pokerinside3.jpg (134.42 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 276 times.)
cajunass21

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 10:19:31 AM »

and a few more.

* pokerscreen.jpg (427.89 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 279 times.)

* pokerspeaker.jpg (154.21 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 281 times.)
cajunass21

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 10:21:16 AM »

Maybe these will help.  Thanks again for all the info. You guys rock!  Hail

* pokerserial.jpg (143.7 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 275 times.)

* pokerinside2.jpg (194.2 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 304 times.)
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 05:29:37 PM »

Aah, good pictures!

You sir, have a Player's Edge Poker (non-plus).  Good news!  There is a volume control!  As you look into the machine, it's located on the right side of the metal tray, behind the hopper bowl.  The potentiometer ("pot" or "volume control dial") does not stick out past the edge of the tray enclosure like it does on a PE+.  You can access it with the board in place, but it may help you to find it for the first time by partially removing the board.

To remove the board:

- Turn the machine power off and unplug it
- Remove the hopper
- Remove the small screw at the top of the metal tray enclosure
- Tilt the board out towards you

At this point, you should be able to see the volume pot on the right edge of the board.

(Optional steps)
- Gently and carefully remove the wire harnesses that are plugged into the board
- Remove the board from the cabinet

To reinstall the board, reverse the steps.  Do not plug the machine in or power it on until the board is completely plugged in and secured.

The volume pot may be dirty.  Try gently turning the pot back and forth a number of times to help clean its contacts, then adjust it to the "middle" for starters.  Try playing the machine.  Hopefully you should now have sound, and if needed you should be able to reach the volume pot without removing the board in order to adjust it.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 05:37:49 PM by knagl » Logged

cajunass21

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 05:36:30 PM »

Double thanks for the info on my machine.  This has been one of the best forums I have been on yet.  Have a good trip to VEGAS!!!!
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 05:47:25 PM »

Glad to help.  A lot of the thanks goes to a friend of mine who isn't normally on here, but he looked at this thread and was able to give me the info about your machine.  I've never worked on a PE (non plus) before, so some of it was Greek to me.

This is without a doubt the best forum for home users of slot machines.  Please visit often -- before you know it, you'll be helping others with their machines.   yes  Let us know how you make out on your machine, too -- hopefully it's just a situation that the pot is dirty or turned down.  If it's broken, it can be replaced but will require some soldering skills.

Still nearly two months to Vegas, but I'm already planning on having a ton of fun.  Smiley

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.