Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 02:15:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  Bally 5000, 5500 and Others.
| | |-+  Dead Bally V5500 Video Poker (Four Aces) Help VPOKOP-10/VPOKOP-15
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dead Bally V5500 Video Poker (Four Aces) Help VPOKOP-10/VPOKOP-15  (Read 5490 times)
toddsvec
« on: November 29, 2008, 02:35:29 PM »

I'm a pinball guy that found out fast that info out there on slots & draw poker games is TOUGH to come by. So far this seems to be the best place to post for help, hope I can get some thoughts and advice from people on this game I just got.

What I have is a Bally Four Aces draw poker type of game, identified by someone else as a "S5500 draw poker", but the marks on it are VPOKOP-10 on a plaque and VPOKOP-15 on a sticker. The game turns on with very consistent garbage on the screen, in other words the same characters always seem to be in the same spots. It's also flickering while it does so, indicating maybe it's resetting? When I press the reset button, the screen freezes with different consistent garbage, no flickering/flashing, and then goes back to the prior garbage when I release.

The board is clean as well as all the chips, nice clean legs that I did examine and reseat with no change, some goes for the edge connector, very clean.

I get no sounds and don't see any other indication of errors anywhere, don't know how to "clear" it, and am just stuck at this point. I suspect some type of ship problem, and have the ability to burn my own eproms but can't find them.

The person I got it from obviously didn't know much about them, and was just given the simple "it used to work" line. She said they had the battery replaced at Radio Shack, and that she was told by someone that "it just needed to be reset", which I have my doubts about, but that's the info I know.

Can anyone help? Picture attached.

* Bally Four Aces 001.jpg (69.6 KB, 398x635 - viewed 398 times.)
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 02:48:03 PM »

Need to Clear the Ram, and probably have to recheck the battery for voltage, and correctness, it is a 3.6 V Lithium, we have the clear chip available, as well as the button parts you need, will see about a Belly glass of some sort, I doubt the same name one though

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
toddsvec
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 07:45:00 PM »

The Clear Chip worked as far as getting the game to boot. I still have a few issues:

1.  I'm getting a Coin Out Jam and Waiting for Hopper when I won some credits. The hopper is plugged in, the buttons on it do nothing, and the LEDs on it are all out. The circuit breakers don't appear to be tripped. It is plugged in, and wires and connections firm and clean, just dead. I was able to find 5V DC at the plug, but not much else (but I don't know where I'm supposed to measure, no manual!). The motor itself does engage when I apply 24Volts

2. My U10 is handwritten Free Play, and the game comes up and gives credits, so I'd like an original ROM if someone has an image and can email it to me.

Thanks again!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.