Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:44:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Arcade Games, Pinball, Crane Games, Redemption Games and Other Stuff
| |-+  Arcade Games **Video**
| | |-+  HELP! "MOTOR ERROR 7" On Ridge Racer V - Arcade Battle
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HELP! "MOTOR ERROR 7" On Ridge Racer V - Arcade Battle  (Read 10614 times)
XFcom
« on: May 11, 2009, 10:37:05 PM »

Hello everyone.

First post here.

I have a home game room
and Ridge Racer V (double sit-down) is one of our games.

The game works and plays flawlessly, but

twice an error has popped up on Player 1 only with this message:

Motor Error 7

Please contact store owner.

What is this error and is it easily fixed?

It pops up suddenly after a few races and it ends
the race right then and there.

ANY HELP is greatly needed/appreciated.

Aron

admin@XF.com is my email address.
tjkeller
NLG Translator
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 374

What???...Where???...Huh???

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 10:52:12 PM »

Hello & Welcome to NLG Aron wave

I moved this post to the Arcade Games area.
I do not know anything about this machine but HOPEFULLY somebody here might. Scratch Head

Best of Luck to ya!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 11:03:06 PM by tjkeller » Logged

Thank God for Friends!!!
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 11:06:44 PM »

Motor Error 7

Please contact store owner.

Have you tried to contact the "Store Owner"  Scratch Head
If you cant find him, he's probably out with my cocktail waitress.
I've had that call light on for day's now. stir the pot / get cooking rotflmao Tongue Out

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
XFcom
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 12:05:02 PM »

Yeah I tried to contact the store owner,
but ended up calling myself Wink

Does anyone have ideas on this fix?

Thanks!
Aron
mic93304
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 08:15:24 AM »

Did you get this fixed? If not the error you are having on your game is the Potentiometer for the steering wheel. 280 degree Namco 1K Potentiometers. You can buy them from Happ.com There is probably a number on the one you have in your game. Here is the manual  for Ridge Racer 5 Copy and paste this whole link it won't click right becuase of the brackets in it. http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/ARCADE/K-R/Ridge%20Racer%20V%20[Operator's]%20[English].pdf

Michael
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 11:19:02 AM by mic93304 » Logged
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 10:24:44 AM »

Welcome to NLG Michael. wave

It appears that the member who was asking for help hasn't logged on since his last post back in May, but he might get a notification of your post and come back to check.

In any event, thank you for offering a helpful link as your first post, and please don't hesitate to jump anytime in with help or questions. yes

StatFreak garfield
nlg  Global Moderator

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
XFcom
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 11:10:31 AM »

UPDATE:

It's been a while... sorry Smiley

I had a tech replace both steering pots, but the issue still occurs.

ANY other ideas?

Thanks so much

Aron
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 08:49:36 PM »

Aron-

Did you see the Owner's Manual that Michael posted a few posts up from here?  (Here's a direct link to the file: http://tinyurl.com/26394m5 )

Assuming that the message is MONITOR error 7 (not "motor"), it is as Michael said, an issue with the pots on the steering wheel.  See page 58 of that document for the troubleshooting chart that says as much.  That chart also points to page 69 of the document which shows how to replace the pot, and has the bolded note after replacing the pot that says, "After replacing the potentiometer ensure that the game is re-initialized.  (see section 7 page 55)"

That section starts with, "The following operation must always be performed after replacing the Game PCB, Rom, or Control Potentiometers.  The game will not operate correctly if these adjustments are not made."

Did you re-initialize the game after the pots were replaced?  If not, that might be your solution.  yes

(If you did, you might want to try running through the process again to ensure that the limits are set correctly, making sure that the steering wheel is exactly centered when you start.)

* initialize.PNG (39.53 KB, 557x605 - viewed 358 times.)

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
XFcom
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 10:56:28 PM »

hmm

I am almost 100% sure it's
MOTOR error and not monitor error.

I am not sure if the tech reset the game...

He did install 2 new steering pots though -- and he played about 5 test games after that and the error occured on the 5th try.

Let me check through the manual you posted.

NO I didn't see this the first time so thank you very much for pointing it out... this helps.

I'm not at ALL techie -- so any help and advice is really appreciated.

Aron
thanks Smiley
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 11:41:12 PM »

Well, you're not at all going to hurt anything by re-calibrating the game, so I'd start there -- hold down the service button and then slide the test switch, and follow the directions from the image above and the on-screen directions on the monitor of the game.  Make sure to start with the wheel exactly centered, and then make sure to turn it completely to the left and right as directed on the screen so the game can learn the physical positions of the wheel.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
mic93304
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 09:32:31 PM »

I think that has to be it you just have to re-calibrate the pots their off. Its like you just have to know a secret code to re-calibrate haha hold down the service button and then slide the test switch LOL why didn't Namco just put this in the test menu to make it easy for people to find! Good job Kevin I think your right on on this problem unless they put on the wrong potentiometers.

XFcom
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 09:35:47 PM »

UGH

I can't find the key to this game.
I have all the other games but not this one.

As soon as I do I'll try your idea and let ya know.
Thanks guys Smiley

Aron
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2010, 09:45:11 PM »

Good job Kevin I think your right on on this problem

I wouldn't have had the first clue about this game if you hadn't posted that manual link above, so K+ to you.

Good luck, Aron, and let us know how it works out when you find that key!

XFcom
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2010, 06:32:29 PM »

Found the key Smiley

I moved the game to another wall and it was under it Smiley

I'll try your suggestion and see how it goes.

Although, it doesn't do the motor error often, so I'll have to play the game 5 or 10 times to see if it happens.

Thanks everyone.

Aron
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2010, 07:54:27 PM »

Double check if/when it pops up if it is in fact a "Monitor Error".  If it really is a "motor error", that might be something else.

XFcom
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2010, 07:57:32 PM »

Yeah i read the owners manual PDF listed above... it showed a bunch of MONITOR errors, but I swore it was a MOTOR error when I saw it.
I'll go play it and see for sure.

Aron
thanks !
XFcom
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2010, 06:37:42 PM »

UPDATE!  Smiley

I have had both steering potentiometers replaced.
I just performed the test / intialization as outlined in the PDF that you all recommended.

The problem is, absolutely, 100% MOTOR ERROR 7.After messing with the wheel, the motor error popped up on the right side (the same side as before).

This time, I played the left side afterwards and MOTOR ERROR 7 occured on this side as well!
I think it's time to sell this machine and let someone else mess with it.

It is in great condition and has always played and looked great except for this issue.
I think it's an issue in the game board.

MIGHT be an easy fix, but I am not wanting to continue messing with it.
there is no one locally that can work on this.

SO,
where do I sell this game?
ANYONE  HERE interested in picking this up and buying it in SE MISSOURI?

Thanks everyone for the help!

Aron
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2010, 09:47:25 PM »

Strange -- I didn't see anything about a "motor error" in the manual.  I wonder if the manual is mis-printed then?

Anyway, if you're looking to sell the machine, try the classifieds section of the forum.  Pictures of the game in your ad would be helpful, I'm sure.

XFcom
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2010, 02:56:01 AM »

Thanks.
I'll post it there.
Aron
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.